Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mr. X's 2013 1st round mock w/ projected records
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waremd

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas goes 11-5 and misses the playoffs? DL is going to be much more important next year or possibly OL. We will need to address the trenches to enstill youth all through our roster.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams got 3 firsts and a 2nd to move down from 2 to 6. I guarantee that not only would the Browns not take a QB but they'd trade down.

Vince Lombardi
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
16. New York Giants (8-Cool Manti Teo, MLB, Notre Dame I really like the reigning Super Bowl Champs but everybody in their division is going to be better, making it much tougher for them to sneak into the playoffs and go for a nice run at the perfect time yet again. The Giants always seem to have issues at linebacker but Manti Teo should fix a lot of them. He is the premier linebacker in this draft and possesses and incredible skill set that will translate to the NFL.

Let's start with the reasoning for the prediction : "everyone in their division is going to be better". Why aren't the Giants going to be better? What did the other teams in the division do that makes you believe they are suddenly going to be better, and the Giants aren't? It's something I hear a lot on ESPN as well, and it just seems like really lazy reasoning.

Linebacker has been an "issue" for the Giants for what, 5 or 6 years now? In that time period the Giants haven't gone below .500 and have won two Superbowls. Maybe it's time people stop telling Jerry Reese that he needs linebackers....

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Mr. X's 2013 1st round mock w/ projected records Reply with quote

If the Chargers make the playoffs, more than likely AJ Smith's job is safe - translation: No matter how God awful Jeromey Clary plays or continues to play, the Chargers won't draft any OL in the 1st round. It hasn't happened under Smith or his mentor John Butler and there's no reason to believe that's changing anytime soon unless a new head of the front office is in place (or Clary is directly responsible for Rivers getting injured which would likely cause us to miss the playoffs, ipso-facto AJ's gone anyway along with Norv).

WR may be a place to look, as you mentioned, depending on how the current corps pans out. Malcom Floyd comes off the books in 2013 and with the money tied to Meachem, it's likely the only way we'd be bringing in a #1 WR if Meachem fails to be that (as much as our system requires a true #1, since our top receiving option as long as he's healthy will continue to be Gates) is to draft one.

CB will be definitely an area to look at. Antoine Cason will be an FA and needs to prove something in a contract year to merit an extension. Quentin Jammer is getting up there in age and will need a successor sooner than later. Also consider that under AJ the majority of our 1st round picks have been defensive players and a large amount of our Rds 1-3 draftees have been DB's. With the free agent turnover (barring a notable FA signing), it's a safe bet we take a CB in one of the first two rounds of 2013.

OLB is another sneaky pick. Yes, we just selected Melvin Ingram, but we have 3 OLB's hitting free agency in 2013 and 1.5 of those (counting Barnes as half a starter since Jarrett Johnson will technically be the starter due to running downs, but Barnes will be primarily used as the pass-rusher in that rotation) will be starters. Melvin Ingram's early selection likely points to Shaun Phillips not being renewed unless he comes back on a very team-friendly deal (see Jacques Cesaire/Luis Castillo) or unless Ingram just flops something harsh (and even then possibly not).

Simon isn't likely to be athletic enough to play LB, but Mingo if he's there is an obvious choice in value and need - and Brandon Jenkins isn't far behind if he continues on the pace he's been on. Milliner I do like, better so than I do most Alabama DB's (though that still doesn't account for much - Saban's DB's have just given me too many past precedents to be confident in them), thus I'd honestly prefer Banks (better press-man guy) - but your mock, you're free to determine prospect value as you'd like.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLB could certainly be a need for the Lions and very well be BPA if they are picking that late.

I like the player, I like the position, but most of all I like the Lions picking 28th. Smile
XSsoCX

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible Bucs pick.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
Right position wrong player. Tyler Wilson please

what he said

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
mtmmike

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 prediction thread bradford goes down for the third time in four years rams pick 1st
2 luck goes down they pick 2
3 rg3 goes down verses the giants 3rd pick

4 richardson has 2000 yards browns finish 7-9
r3vismine

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most likely scenario for the 49ers would be going Defensive back early in the draft. Carlos Rodgers is getting up there in age, and Dashon Goldson has a high probability of walking in free agency if he has another good season. So safety, or corner are the best bet. Though you never truly know where a team will go.
101Raider

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders are actually pretty set at the DE position in both the 4-3 and 3-4 alignments. We're in need of DT, CB or a QB if we're drafting that early
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the young Steeler CBs don't take a step forward playing opposite of Taylor then I could see the need for a cornerback in the first round. I still have faith that someone will emerge this season from Keenan Lewis, Curtis Brown, or Cortez Allen though.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
The Rams got 3 firsts and a 2nd to move down from 2 to 6. I guarantee that not only would the Browns not take a QB but they'd trade down.

The Rams got 2 first round picks (2013 and 2014), to move from 2 to 6 Wink
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your pick for the Lions.

I'm not sure what their stance is on the LB position after targeting a few guys later in the draft recently, but an upgrade at the LB position with a first round talent would do wonders for the progression of the defense. A talented guy behind Suh and Fairley would be a huge piece for the future. Hopefully they can find a way to upgrade the secondary as well.
Swaps

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Mr. X's 2013 1st round mock w/ projected records Reply with quote

Mr. X wrote:
3. Minnesota Vikings (3-13) David Anderson, CB, NC State The Vikings could have gone three different ways in the 2012 draft but choose to address the offensive line. While that was the right decision it isnt going to help them stop the incredibly strong passing offenses that Green Bay, Detroit, and Chicago (now with Brandon Marshall) will have in 2012 and it leads to another very disappointing season. David Anderson will give them a big time playmaker back there.

While this is (possibly) the right pick, your explaining it for the wrong reason. The Vikings DID address the defensive backs drafting S Harrison Smith in the first round and CB Josh Robinson at the top of the third round. Plus, Antoin Winfield is now healthy, and Chris Cook is in a mood to prove that he can hit wide receivers and hard as he hits his girlfriend. (too soon?) The reason this is the right pick isn't because they didn't do anything to address the NFC North's vicious passing attacks, it's because Antoin is getting old and plays nickle corner alot because he can't keep up with players like Greg Jennings, Megatron, and whatever worthless receiver plays for the Bears (I know it's brandon marshall, but it doesn't matter because cutler is a whiney little baby, and their o-line is terrible, so cutler is going to get injured before week Cool Anyway, Anderson is great, he has the size and ability that we need. Josh Robinson is a speedy cover corner who will easily match up against any speed threat (hester, cobb etc) and Cook is big (6'2") and physical. The game he played against detroit really showed that he has the chops to cover Megatron successfully. If you watched the game, you'll see that Chris Cook made several brilliant plays against deep passes to Calvin. I know that there isn't a corner in the world who can shut down Calvin, but taking away 2-3 big plays can really change momentum. Antoin is getting old and will need to be replaced. Getting another big physical CB is exactly what the Vikings need, and now that our O-line is (should be) secure, we can focus on getting the DBs wrapped up. The only thing that is lacking is a true ball hawk, which is why I'm hoping that Matthieu can fall to the top of the 2nd round. We can grab him and put him at FS next to the hard hitting Smith as a true ball hawk, and we can finally get some picks. Wow, that's a lot of rambling. Besides, it's 9 months away... I'm getting too carried away.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
biggsam48

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o is nice, but we shouldnt be picking early enough to get him.

^^ Speed Blue on the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: