Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Atlanta Falcons Training Camp
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Atlanta Falcons Training Camp Reply with quote

Training Camp:

|| Feel free to post pictures, talk about players you like, or news from the camp.

|| Pictures:

Konz ||

Lofa ||
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you all know the team is getting ready to prepare for the upcoming season with rookie mini camp opening today. So a lot of pics will be coming in.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Konz is already starting to grow a beard to join Clabo, Hawley and Blalock.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamar Holmes BANDWAGON away!
adam9

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Lamar Hughes is missing rookie camps with a left foot injury. Great..

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Apparently Lamar Hughes is missing rookie camps with a left foot injury. Great..
apparently it's just a strain in his foot that a walking boot will correct with a two week stint... he'll be perfectly fine for camp.

matt2roddy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol maybe Konz is better suited to play guard after all. Aaron Rodgers just said in an interview that one of the main qualities a center should have is to not sweat easily. Konz says he is not used to this weather and was even sweating in bed. Its not even that hot in Atl right now! I feel bad for him when Training Camp comes up, but nevertheless he should be a great guard

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Lol maybe Konz is better suited to play guard after all. Aaron Rodgers just said in an interview that one of the main qualities a center should have is to not sweat easily. Konz says he is not used to this weather and was even sweating in bed. Its not even that hot in Atl right now! I feel bad for him when Training Camp comes up, but nevertheless he should be a great guard
Konz is playing RG in 2012. I have multiple people telling me this. And it's not shocking either. The team LOVES Hawley as the replacement for McClure long term and C will be McClure and Hawley competing for the starting job with the loser as the backup and Konz as 3rd string.

adam9

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
Konz is playing RG in 2012. I have multiple people telling me this. And it's not shocking either. The team LOVES Hawley as the replacement for McClure long term and C will be McClure and Hawley competing for the starting job with the loser as the backup and Konz as 3rd string.

Unless Hawley improves a lot, I wouldn't be too happy with him replacing McClure. He honestly played better at RG than he did C, and he played RG pretty bad as well.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:

Unless Hawley improves a lot, I wouldn't be too happy with him replacing McClure. He honestly played better at RG than he did C, and he played RG pretty bad as well.
Hawley's issue at C was Reynolds there. but as a pass blocker he was a very solid center. He only allowed three combined pressures in 4 games.

GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:

Everyone keep this a secret, but I have a buddy who used to own Home Depot, hes telling me theres a very likely chance that Matt Ryan is our starting QB. Ill start sharing some things this guy tells me.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konz || Holmes

Jonathan Massaquoi

Charles Mitchell
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Konz and Regis Miccanor

Lamar Holmes
Looks like a massive bloke
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://onlineathens.com/sports/2012-05-11/konz-impresses-falcons-rookie-camp
Associated Press Report

Quote:
Konz likes having fullback Bradie Ewing, a fifth-round pick, working alongside him. Both were teammates at Wisconsin and say they enjoyed a relationship outside football.

“We’re very good friends,” Konz said. “We’re just the same — just alike, religious people — guys who always try to do the right thing and be team leaders.”

Quote:
Secondary coach Tim Lewis was impressed with what he saw from safety Charles Mitchell, a sixth-round pick from Mississippi State. Mitchell is expected to battle Shann Schillinger for the No. 3 safety job behind starters William Moore and Thomas DeCoud.

“We try to overload (the rookies) a little bit and find out how much they can handle in a three-day period,” Lewis said. “(Mitchell) doesn’t look like it’s going to bother him too much. He’s picked up a lot of the terminology and communication, but that’s the biggest thing is making sure he learns the language and gets comfortable with the language so he can let his athletic ability flow.”
birdman70

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
http://onlineathens.com/sports/2012-05-11/konz-impresses-falcons-rookie-camp
Associated Press Report

Quote:
Konz likes having fullback Bradie Ewing, a fifth-round pick, working alongside him. Both were teammates at Wisconsin and say they enjoyed a relationship outside football.

“We’re very good friends,” Konz said. “We’re just the same — just alike, religious people — guys who always try to do the right thing and be team leaders.”

Quote:
Secondary coach Tim Lewis was impressed with what he saw from safety Charles Mitchell, a sixth-round pick from Mississippi State. Mitchell is expected to battle Shann Schillinger for the No. 3 safety job behind starters William Moore and Thomas DeCoud.

“We try to overload (the rookies) a little bit and find out how much they can handle in a three-day period,” Lewis said. “(Mitchell) doesn’t look like it’s going to bother him too much. He’s picked up a lot of the terminology and communication, but that’s the biggest thing is making sure he learns the language and gets comfortable with the language so he can let his athletic ability flow.”

I read the article and it mentioned Ewing battling Cox for the starting FB job. Does anyone think there's a possibility that the Falcons will carry two FB's into opening day? Or is Cox there just to keep Ewing sharp during training camp? I don't remember the Falcons ever keeping two FB's in the past and I would seriously disagree with them doing it now.
I love the Konz pick, I think he's a long term starter who hopefully will flourish having a good friend with him on the team.
In reference to the picture of Lamar from a previous post, I'm glad this isn't a Mr. Universe competition because he doesn't look athletic at all. I know most of them don't, but jeez...hopefully he becomes a servicable starter in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: