Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jacoby Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Side note: We play the Ravens at home this year. Hum.

Last year, Vonta Leach got two goal line carries against the Texans in the regular season game, in some attempt to "stick it" to Houston for not re-upping the FB. I'm willing to bet dimes to dollars that they're going to try to get the ball to Jacoby on a long TD pass, in the same vein.

If Jones catches a 50+ TD pass over Kareem Jackson - the city of Houston might implode.

If you recall Antonio Smith went nuts over those playcalls and got 2 personal fouls to extend the drive and end a great goal line stand. While normally I'd be ranting against selfish stupid play, in this case I think Smith had every right to lose it a bit and I was actually mad that other Texans didn't take personal offense. (I am still disgusted that none of our offensive lineman went after Jared Allen after his 3 cheap shots at Schaub's knees or Fat Albert and his now trifecta of Schaub injuries). I can only imagine what Smith did in the locker room and in the tape room on Tuesday after Cam Cameron thought so little of the Texans that he was willing to run Leach at us twice in the 1st quarter to rub our noses in it. If you recall the following week we played Tenn and the entire d-line looked like "Charles Jefferson" (Forrest Whitaker) from Fast Times after Spicoli trashed his car and made it look like the rival high school did it. Had to love Jacksonville crying about dirty play the next week, but I couldn't be happier that the Texans were finally showing an edge. We went on to win 7 straight and guys like Watt, Barwin, and Reed started taking on an Antonio "take it personally" persona rather than Mario's detached "whatever" personality.

I am all for instructing whoever out punter is to punt zero hang time line drives to Jacoby all day and just be sure to cover the back side as the standard Jacoby punt return went for 20 yards with 15 of it run horizontally with the ball losely secured. I can think of no better strategy to beat the Ravens than to dare them to beat us by targeting Jacoby all day. Sure he's good for 2 or 3 TD's per year where he actually reels it in, but I did a cursory look at targets vs. catches and I couldn't find another #2/#3 receiver with a worse targets to reception ratio than Jacoby who caught less than 48% of the balls where he was targeted. Just for reference, Lance Moore, who I advocated the Texans target last year in free agency reeled in 52 of 73 passes thrown to him while Jacoby caught 31 of 64. That little 5' 9 target Jeremy Kerley that I advocated drafting in the middle rounds lat year caught 2 fewer passes than Jacoby despite only playing in the final 9 games as a #4 and had a nearly identical punt return average for $400k, not $3 million.

Man, what am I going to do now that I don't have Jacoby or Mario to kick around anymore? Maybe I do want Dwight Jones to make the roster after all...

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Man, what am I going to do now that I don't have Jacoby or Mario to kick around anymore? Maybe I do want Dwight Jones to make the roster after all...

There's always random accusations of PED usage you can rely on. Laughing

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Side note: We play the Ravens at home this year. Hum.

Last year, Vonta Leach got two goal line carries against the Texans in the regular season game, in some attempt to "stick it" to Houston for not re-upping the FB. I'm willing to bet dimes to dollars that they're going to try to get the ball to Jacoby on a long TD pass, in the same vein.

If Jones catches a 50+ TD pass over Kareem Jackson - the city of Houston might implode.

That would be a bad way for AmazingAndre to remember his Houston trip. Laughing Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:

There's always random accusations of PED usage you can rely on. Laughing

Now that you mention it, Center/Guard Ben Jones sure looks like his body type changed since his days in Hazzard County and he may have rage issues.

BTW - I call dibs on giving this guy his obvious "Cooter" nickname!

bunnyracin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Issues with Jones dropping passes during the Ravensí offseason practices."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/10/jacoby-jones-drops-a-concern-in-baltimore/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/10/jacoby-jones-drops-a-concern-in-baltimore/

Lol.

People constantly call out Texans fans after we release players, saying we are just sore, little do they know.

Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Lol.

People constantly call out Texans fans after we release players, saying we are just sore, little do they know.

There was also a report of him looking like a stud earlier so it sounds like good ole in consistent jacoby.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Lol.

I still can't get off people saying Mario was our best player on the defense the past 5 years after we let him go to the Bills. Laughing

They laughed when we said Antonio Smith has been better and more consistent than Mario.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never want to talk about Jacoby Jones again.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Lol.

I still can't get off people saying Mario was our best player on the defense the past 5 years after we let him go to the Bills. Laughing

They laughed when we said Antonio Smith has been better and more consistent than Mario.

They still laugh.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Lol.

They still laugh.

These are the same type of people that handed the Eagles Super Bowl rings last offseason because of the "names" they added to the roster as if there were any correlation between sack totals and win totals - see Minnesota 50 (3) vs. Green Bay 29 (15). Funny how people forget that in between the 50 plays a season that might result in a sack or an interception that there are about 900 plays that require plain old boring tackling, run support, and coverage. Filling your team with defensive players who care about the 50 and not the 900 results in Eagles and Bills type results. Some teams will pay $100 million to have someone look good in their uniform and media campaigns and players like Mario will gladly take it, but there is a reason a player like Antonio Smith has led one defense to its franchise's first Super Bowl and another franchise to its first playoff appearances and victories. We will see who laughs last...

amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Lol.

Im so glad Jones is gone, man he knows how to [inappropriate/removed] a guy off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: