Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens sign ALL of their draft picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark ops

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Ravens sign ALL of their draft picks Reply with quote

Looks like the Ravens have come to terms with 3 of their draft picks. Kelechi Osemele , Christian Thompson and Asa Jackson all have signed deals with the team and will be able to participate in Friday's mini-camp. That leaves Upshaw ( who I saw on twitter state he is on his way to Baltimore, maybe a deal is in the works very soon) Bernard Pierce, Gino G, Tommy Streeter and D Tyson. 3 down 5 to go..... Laughing
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens have signed their first pick in the 2012 draft, Courtney Upshaw. The deal was 4 years, $5.29m.

Tommy Streeter has also been signed however the terms have yet to be disclosed.

All of the Ravens draft picks have been signed and will be available for rookie mini-camp today/Friday.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question about Upshaw's deal. Under the new CBA, it is my understanding that 1st round picks have a team option for a 5th season at a rate that is some sort of positional average. For second rounders, is it just the 4 year deal (sans option)? UFA is 4 seasons or more, so would Upshaw automatically be a free agent after year 4? This is getting a bit ahead of things, as Upshaw could end up being awful, but I find it interesting that some players that perform exceptionally well may be easier to keep for a 5th year if they were drafted at the tail end of the 1st round rather than the beginning of the second. So, a stud 2nd round pick could hit big $ a year earlier than if he were drafted at the tail end of the first.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked to not see a post from SnA yet? "This took too long!" "Ozzie should be shot execution style" "The Ravens are a medicer organization and I hate myself!" Waaaaaa

Glad to see everyone signed. Feel a little bad for Upshaw. So much attention on him, I think he will handle it well. Time to produce big fella!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a breakdown of the contracts (that have been disclosed) for the Ravens rookies if anybody is interested:

http://ravens24x7.com/columns/The-Money-Clip-Baltimore-Ravens-Salary-Cap-Analysis/SALARY-CAP-UPDATE-The-impact-of-the-Ravens-rookie-signings
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for us, it says a lot about Ozzie and co. that we were the first team to get all our picks signed.

I loved this draft class. Did exactly what we needed to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: