Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects to keep an eye on
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: 2013 Draft Prospects to keep an eye on Reply with quote

Just throwing out some pre-mature draft players we should keep an eye on.

Positions that are still Question Marks heading into 2012:
- CB
- DT
- MLB
- WR

Players to keep an eye on:
Seniors:
- MLB Monti Teo: Grade: High 1st round
- CB Demond Trufant : Grade: 1st-2nd round
- DT Star Loutelli Utah: Grade: mid to late 1st round
- CB Jonathon Banks Miss. State: Grade: Late 1st/early 2nd
- Kwan Short DT Purdue: Grade: 2nd round
- MLB Kevin Reddick: Grade : 2nd round
- Kobi Hamiltom WR Texas AM: 2nd round
BBando

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xavier Rhodes- Mid first
David Amerson- Top 10
D.J Fluker- top 10
T.J McDonald -1st-2nd

Some guys I like to add on to yours.

garbage
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Xavier Rhodes- Mid first
David Amerson- Top 10
D.J Fluker- top 10
T.J McDonald -1st-2nd

Some guys I like to add on to yours.

I think we addressed Safety position.

And also, I only went with Senior prospects so far.

Amerson is a nice talent, but I want to see if he backs up his sophomore year performance.

Rhodes is intrigueing, but again, he wasn't healthy in 2011.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we added some te's this offseason but I would love to grab an elite talent if avaliable. I had the discussion a few months ago and some viewed it more of a "luxury" pick. Well with the moves we made so far we might be in a good position when draft time roles around to get some good value from selecting a te.

The other position that hasn't been brought up yet is RT. While maybe not crucial, would be nice to finish our monster line off.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey Badger

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
youngbuc20

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for me;

MLB - Manti Te'o - My favorite overall prospect. Is an animal. Gonna be a stud - mid 1st-2nd

MLB - Kevin Reddick - Stud linebacker who Butch Davis is familiar with. - 2nd

CB - Xavier Rhodes - My 2nd favorite prospect. Big physical corner. I would love to see a Talib/Rhodes Tandem. - 1st-2nd

CB - David Amerson - A gifted corner. Over-sized with excellent ball skills - 1st

I would love to be able to get one of the linebackers and one of the corners and then our defense is set. I read where scouts aren't high on Te'o. They dont think he is physical enough and they don't trust his eyes. They viewed him as a 2nd round prospect. I would love to be able to get Rhodes in the 1st and Te'o in the 2nd.

I know that we addressed the S position...kinda but I would still love to add a legit starter. This IMO is a deep safety class.

S - Eric Reid - A big physical safety. Played under Cooper at LSu. Stud next to Barron. - 2nd

S - Robert Lester - Was the S opposite Barron at Alabama. Stud in college and already has that chemistry with Barron - 1st-2nd

S - TJ McDonald - Kinda reminds me of T-Jax for some reason why I watch him. Could be a stud with proper coaching - 2nd-3rd

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Honey Badger

Ditto

We need to go CB

If not CB I would imagine LB

Anything can happen though
BBando

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smh at you guys who want Mathieu. Try watching a game and not Sportscenter highlights. There was a reason Alabama went his way in the NC game. Claiborne was on the other side locking it down and Mathieu was getting abused. He is too small to play in the NFL. He is a nickle cornerback and we don't need that.

garbage
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Smh at you guys who want Mathieu. Try watching a game and not Sportscenter highlights. There was a reason Alabama went his way in the NC game. Claiborne was on the other side locking it down and Mathieu was getting abused. He is too small to play in the NFL. He is a nickle cornerback and we don't need that.

I completely recognize and understand your thinking on Mathieu, but I also think you are completely downplaying everything else he brings to the table. As a pure cover corner, you are right, he isn't much better than a nickel cornerback.

But, his uncanny instincts and ability to make the splash plays can not be overlooked. These are traits that everyone can always use on their team. He also brings a toughness and edginess that will get under the skin of opposing offenses that frankly I love. That is part of the reason why I really wanted Cortland Finnegan, he has that tough nose mentality that coach Schiano really covets.

I will also add that I would really like to see him shift to a free safety or a sort of rover position that will allow him to roam the field and use his instincts and big play making abilities to the fullest. And in that sort of capacity, I definitely believe he will be worth a 1st round pick.
BBando

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
BBando wrote:

I completely recognize and understand your thinking on Mathieu, but I also think you are completely downplaying everything else he brings to the table. As a pure cover corner, you are right, he isn't much better than a nickel cornerback.

But, his uncanny instincts and ability to make the splash plays can not be overlooked. These are traits that everyone can always use on their team. He also brings a toughness and edginess that will get under the skin of opposing offenses that frankly I love. That is part of the reason why I really wanted Cortland Finnegan, he has that tough nose mentality that coach Schiano really covets.

I will also add that I would really like to see him shift to a free safety or a sort of rover position that will allow him to roam the field and use his instincts and big play making abilities to the fullest. And in that sort of capacity, I definitely believe he will be worth a 1st round pick.
There is a difference between him and Finnegan though. Finnegan can cover the number 1 receiver. Mathieu can't. I don't see him transitioning well to FS in the NFL. He is a shade over 5'8. I understand he is a playmaker. But is it worth a 1st round pick for a nickle cornerback?

garbage
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
BBando wrote:

There is a difference between him and Finnegan though. Finnegan can cover the number 1 receiver. Mathieu can't. I don't see him transitioning well to FS in the NFL. He is a shade over 5'8. I understand he is a playmaker. But is it worth a 1st round pick for a nickle cornerback?

Again, you make some good points Bando, and honestly I don't know if he can transition to FS. Maybe he will have to be a nickel corner in league. But, with the direction the NFL is going right now with teams passing so much and defenses being in the nickel so often the position really is more valuable then it used to be. So, if Schiano and Cooper say hey this guy may only be able to play nickel his whole career, but will be the most dynamic and effective nickel corner in this league, then I am all for taking him in the 2nd half of the 1st rd.

Now, I understand completely if others don't feel that way. But, I personally believe with the direction of the league combined with Mathieu's ability to create turnovers and make big plays is well worth that selection.

It is kind of the same point we have all began making in regards of taking Barron, a SS, in the top 10. With the NFL's passing movement combined with Barron's ability to effect so many facets of the game defensively, he is now worth that high of a selection.
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
BBando wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
BBando wrote:

Again, you make some good points Bando, and honestly I don't know if he can transition to FS. Maybe he will have to be a nickel corner in league. But, with the direction the NFL is going right now with teams passing so much and defenses being in the nickel so often the position really is more valuable then it used to be. So, if Schiano and Cooper say hey this guy may only be able to play nickel his whole career, but will be the most dynamic and effective nickel corner in this league, then I am all for taking him in the 2nd half of the 1st rd.

Now, I understand completely if others don't feel that way. But, I personally believe with the direction of the league combined with Mathieu's ability to create turnovers and make big plays is well worth that selection.

It is kind of the same point we have all began making in regards of taking Barron, a SS, in the top 10. With the NFL's passing movement combined with Barron's ability to effect so many facets of the game defensively, he is now worth that high of a selection.

We'll see how Ronde works out at S if that's where he's put. If it isn't a complete disaster, then I'd like to see Mathieu play at FS. He's got that ballhawking ability and is a game breaker. He brings a lot to the table and would bring swagger to the defense.

I like Te'o too though. In a perfect world we could grab both. Although, if Price or McCoy keep getting injured, DT could be addressed within the first 2 rounds. But I'm optimistic, at least for McCoy.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next yr draft stinks offensively. I mean across th board bad. It's filled with defensive talent. The NC St Cb is a monster.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
BBando wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
BBando wrote:

I'm going with BBAndo on this one. Mathieu is a very good player, but he'll get outworked by every 1 and several #2 WRs in the NFL. He's a nickle . I don't think he's big enough to transition to safety. I wouldn't be opposed to takiing him in round 2/3 range.

The CB I really like is Xavier Rhodes. He's big, strong, physcial cover corner who's quick and got fluid hips. Charles Woodson clone in my opinion and was hurt last year.
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
BBando wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
BBando wrote:

I'm going with BBAndo on this one. Mathieu is a very good player, but he'll get outworked by every 1 and several #2 WRs in the NFL. He's a nickle . I don't think he's big enough to transition to safety. I wouldn't be opposed to takiing him in round 2/3 range.

The CB I really like is Xavier Rhodes. He's big, strong, physcial cover corner who's quick and got fluid hips. Charles Woodson clone in my opinion and was hurt last year.

As I said to Bando, R&P I can completely understand and justify your case for not taking Mathieu in the 1st rd. Maybe I am just over looking his other deficiencies more than I should be just because I like his play making abilities so much. I also would like to hold the right to change my mind in the future if I can. This year will be a big year for him to prove what he is really worth considering MoClaiborne is now gone and he may be forced to cover more #1's. Or maybe the LSU coaching staff already knows he is not fit for that and would rather keep him roaming the field.

I understand he is small, and that is not something he can grow out of, but he also did just finish only his Sophomore season so there can be reason to believe that he can become a better cover corner.

Like you and EST stated, I really like Amerson and Rhodes also. I would love to see either of them suited up in a Buccs uni in 2013. I like Te'o too and obviously seeing how Foster does in year 2 at MLB will be very telling as to whether we will need to address that position next year or not in the early part of the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: