Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Denver's Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Grade the Broncos' Draft
A
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
B
29%
 29%  [ 19 ]
C
31%
 31%  [ 20 ]
D
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
F
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 64

Author Message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22234
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
I forgot Palooka watches every single college and NFL game known to man... Laughing


I'll take that as you tapping out. You no longer have a point, so you resort back to your psychobabble trying to be funny. Failing miserably in the process. Love it! You and others always resort back to the same line. You admittedly watched 5 ASU games of Osweiler. I can easily say I've seen more than that.

Good day homer!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8231
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Wow.... 5 whole games!! What an amazing sample size!!

No offense... But 5 games (out of 15) is 1/3 of his gametape. Thats a pretty good sample size if you think about it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3956
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know you don't watch every college game... I am making fun of you. It's comical how you always have all this game tape of seemingly every prospect in the draft. Did i mention you also manage to see every single Broncos game as well? All while running your super successful business might i add. Laughing You are a joke, and this forum knows it. Your predictions for the Broncos last season made you lose any credibility you had left.

You resort to calling people homers when you don't have a point ALL THE TIME. You are the biggest hypocrite i have ever come across in my life... I love how in every thread you say how "your not going to start up with me." Or " Your just a homer, your opinion is invalid." But like clockwork you respond back every single time.

Shall i bring up the posts where you start roasting people in Colorado because of how they dress...? Or when you told me to go cow tipping...? Do you realize how often you result to personal insults, or are you really that stupid?

Every single year you feel the need to pretend you have more knowledge and tape on prospects than scouts, and analysts like Kiper, Mayock, McShay etc... Just shut up.

Have fun being last in the division this year... 11 years and counting without the playoffs. Pretty embarrassing ... Applause
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22234
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
We all know you don't watch every college game... I am making fun of you. It's comical how you always have all this game tape of seemingly every prospect in the draft. Did i mention you also manage to see every single Broncos game as well? All while running your super successful business might i add. Laughing


Correct. So I have a free time, money and no attachment to an office. You'd be amazed how much you can accomplish. Oh and the best part, I've got clients that have worked at all level of sports, football, basketball, hockey.

Football is a passion of mine. Couldn't play it, watch a ton of it.

dbronx42 wrote:
You are a joke, and this forum knows it. Your predictions for the Broncos last season made you lose any credibility you had left.


The funny part is, I get PM'd by member of THIS forum about how big a joke you are. You're own fan base laugh in your face with me. But if you think I care about maintaining my 'internet' status and credibility you're mistaken. Also, you forgot to mention I nailed my prediction in 2010, so I am 50%. Not bad.

dbronx42 wrote:
You resort to calling people homers when you don't have a point ALL THE TIME. You are the biggest hypocrite i have ever come across in my life... I love how in every thread you say how "your not going to start up with me." Or " Your just a homer, your opinion is invalid." But like clockwork you respond back every single time.


I respond, because I love little homer rants. There are many members I have respect for and value their opinions and banter. Posters like yourself simply amuse me with simple minded name calling and homer posts. I love to rile them up and watch their panties bunch so I can see posts like this. Thanks for humoring me. Killed some down time on a Sunday.

dbronx42 wrote:
Shall i bring up the posts where you start roasting people in Colorado because of how they dress...? Or when you told me to go cow tipping...? Do you realize how often you result to personal insults, or are you really that stupid?


Colorado? Nope, just guys like you. I have nothing but love for Colorado. Some of my best friends live their and post in this forum and agree with me regarding the type I described. I call myself a cow tipper. I'm from rural Wyo originally. Don't take it to heart. Sorry I struck a nerve and described you to a tee with the dress comment. Wish I could prove it, because I know it's true.

dbronx42 wrote:
Every single year you feel the need to pretend you have more knowledge and tape on prospects than scouts, and analysts like Kiper, Mayock, McShay etc... Just shut up.


I'm wrong all the time. Never pretend anything. It's in all in how you choose to digest it. In typical homer fashion, you overreact and get heated because my views don't conform to your perfect homer vision.

dbronx42 wrote:
Have fun being last in the division this year... 11 years and counting without the playoffs. Pretty embarrassing ... Applause


Unlike yourself, I'm not a homer fan who's life revolves around my favorite sports team. If the Raiders lose, better luck next year. No sweat off my back. I'm not paying for season tickets where I live. I hope the Broncos are super successful this year however so it helps you overcome whatever it is that ails you in life that make the Broncos such a driving force in all you do.

Don't bother responding. I've got my fill of you and had a good laugh with a couple CO Bronco friends who post here. Life is good.
_________________


Last edited by big_palooka on Mon May 07, 2012 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10009
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="big_palooka"]
dbronx42 wrote:
We all know you don't watch every college game... I am making fun of you. It's comical how you always have all this game tape of seemingly every prospect in the draft. Did i mention you also manage to see every single Broncos game as well? All while running your super successful business might i add. Laughing


Correct. So I have a free time, money and no attachment to an office. You'd be amazed how much you can accomplish. Oh and the best part, I've got clients that have worked at all level of sports, football, basketball, hockey.

Football is a passion of mine. Couldn't play it, watch a ton of it.

dbronx42 wrote:
You are a joke, and this forum knows it. Your predictions for the Broncos last season made you lose any credibility you had left.


The funny part is, I get PM'd by member of THIS forum about how big a joke you are. You're own fan base laugh in your face with me. But if you think I care about maintaining my 'internet' status and credibility you're mistaken. Also, you forgot to mention I nailed my prediction in 2010, so I am 50%. Not bad.

dbronx42 wrote:
You are a joke, and this forum knows it. Your predictions for the Broncos last season made you lose any credibility you had left.[/b]


dbronx42 wrote:
You resort to calling people homers when you don't have a point ALL THE TIME. You are the biggest hypocrite i have ever come across in my life... I love how in every thread you say how "your not going to start up with me." Or " Your just a homer, your opinion is invalid." But like clockwork you respond back every single time.


I respond, because I love little homer rants. There are many members I have respect for and value their opinions and banter. Posters like yourself simply amuse me with simple minded name calling and homer posts. I love to rile them up and watch their panties bunch so I can see posts like this. Thanks for humoring me. Killed some down time on a Sunday.

[quote="dbronx42"]Shall i bring up the posts where you start roasting people in Colorado because of how they dress...? Or when you told me to go cow tipping...? Do you realize how often you result to personal insults, or are you really that stupid?
dbronx42 wrote:
Colorado? Nope, just guys like you. I have nothing but love for Colorado. Some of my best friends live their and post in this forum and agree with me regarding the type I described. I call myself a cow tipper. I'm from rural Wyo originally. Don't take it to heart. Sorry I struck a nerve and described you to a tee with the dress comment. Wish I could prove it, because I know it's true.

dbronx42 wrote:
Every single year you feel the need to pretend you have more knowledge and tape on prospects than scouts, and analysts like Kiper, Mayock, McShay etc... Just shut up.


I'm wrong all the time. Never pretend anything. It's in all in how you choose to digest it. In typical homer fashion, you overreact and get heated because my views don't conform to your perfect homer vision.

dbronx42 wrote:
Have fun being last in the division this year... 11 years and counting without the playoffs. Pretty embarrassing ... Applause


Unlike yourself, I'm not a homer fan who's life revolves around my favorite sports team. If the Raiders lose, better luck next year. No sweat off my back. I'm not paying for season tickets where I live. I hope the Broncos are super successful this year however so it helps you overcome whatever it is that ails you in life that make the Broncos such a driving force in all you do.

Don't bother responding. I've got my fill of you and had a good laugh with a couple CO Bronco friends who post here. Life is good.


Laughing

Owned
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10009
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Palooka, you're ignoring the obvious fact that Manning's backups were not talented players and were drafted late in the draft. Both Sorgi & Painter were drafted in the 6th round. Neither of them were overly talented and were projected as practice squad players.

Osweiler has all the physical tools you look for in a QB. The only reason he wasn't taken in the first round is because he lacks experience. He was at lowest a third round pick on many sites, some even saying he was a borderline first. I don't know why people are saying that he's a reach or that he's a lousy player. It really makes no sense to me.

You can argue that we have more needs, that we need to draft for the now, that we could have gotten a QB later, etc. Regardless of that, the fact is that Osweiler has an extremely high ceiling and quite possibly the strongest arm in the draft.

I didn't like the pick either, but I see no reason to berate Elway and his staff for it. For once, there will be a talented QB behind Manning. For all the people criticizing the Colts for never getting a capable backup, I find it ironic to heavily criticize EXF for planning for the future.


Well that is suggestion Osweiler is talented and he's really not. Over drafted and with some upside. I wouldn't buy him as a prospect before the 4th round personally, but it's the classic overvaluing of the 'big arm'.

Other teams thought so little of him he wasn't in their boards until the 4th to 5th range. It only takes one team to jump on the grenade.
Where did you hear that?


Many different talks throughout the process. Here is one source:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/31/in-survey-of-nine-teams-eight-call-osweiler-a-fourth-round-prospect/

Casserly:

Quote:
“I’m not sure what that means, to be honest with you,” Casserly said of Brandt’s first-round projection. “I haven’t studied this guy yet but I interviewed nine teams about him. Eight of them had him rated in the fourth round. The workout doesn’t change the rating on the tape. The other team had him rated in the second. Issues about the guy concerning decision making, accuracy, takes too many sacks, questionable instincts. All of those things, to me, are things you see on tape, not in the workout. I’m going to take what those teams said and stick with that.”


Wonder who the team who had him rated in the 2nd was.

That was March 31st. Up to the draft, there were various discussions on him on radio and TV. Consensus seemed to be some team (almost all predicted Denver) would overdraft him in the 2nd. Denver was transparent with their love for him and everyone pinned that down.


http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/did-strong-workout-vault-qb-osweiler-into-first-round/

Quote:
One day after Ryan Tannehill wowed NFL scouts and coaches with his workout at Texas A&M, quarterback Brock Osweiler did the same at his pro day, launching himself into first-round consideration.


Quote:
Based on Friday’s workout, I think Osweiler vaulted himself into the first round on draft day.


http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89927&draftyear=2012&genpos=QB

Quote:
NFL DRAFT TOP QUARTERBACKS: Brock Osweiler, Arizona State , 6-7 (247 lbs)... After starting only 15 college games, Osweiler is far from a refined pro prospect, but there are 2 things about him that are tantalizing to scouts: He is 6-7 and has a high ceiling -- and that's not a joke. It means his potential boggles the minds of some scouts. Osweiler has exceptional athletic ability.


That was written after his workout for teams... Who cares if 8 out of 9 teams thought Osweiler was a 4th round prospect? A ton of that was due to him starting 1 season and being only 21 years old. Which would make him the youngest QB in the league... I wonder what the other 24 freaking teams had to say about Osweiler.

I'll trust our front office over you who is basing his facts on a PFT article. Laughing ... I'll also trust me eyes who got to see him play 5 times this season.


You trust your eyes over a former GMs (Casserly) and call out BP for giving his opinion and trying to sarcastically say he knows more than your front office? Pretty contradicting! Also you laughed at him for using an article, but in your rebuttal you posted two articles (articles that basically prove his point). Don't throw stones if ya live in a glass house bud.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
b_rent87


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 2294
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lets look here.

1. Derek Wolfe C = Interior pressure, but won't provide as much as any on this board believe. He is not an elite athletic player, and he will get worked over by many C's/OG's physically. He has hustle though, but will take time to develop against the run. There were better players available

Rookie Stats= 37 Tackles 2.5 sacks 4 TFL 1 FF 1 FR

2. Brock Osweiler C = Talented, confident, large, but raw. I like this pick more than most, but would have preferred it in the 3rd or 4th. May not have been there however. With time and coaching has all the skills. Please fix that delivery point though

Rookie Stats= 8/15 106 yds 1 TD 2 INT

3. Ronnie Hillman B= This kid can play. He has a chance to be special but will split time, rightfully so. Not a number 1 back but provides Denver with a spark in three phases of the game. The three R's and not recycling. (Running, Receiving, Returning) May have been better picks here but we shall see when time comes along.

Rookie Stats= 97 Car 413 yards 4 TD's 12 Rec 89 yards 1 TD 2 F

4. Omar Bolden C= The kid was injured, and I was never impressed before. I've watched the tape and Ive seen lazy play. Should be a better tackler for his size and strength. I do not expect anything special here. I sure hope I am wrong. I believe he will be serviceable and may start but will never be as good as most on this board believe.

Rookie Stats= 32 Tackles 2 PD 0 INT

5. Phillip Blake B= He can play, and yes he is old which keeps this from an A, but he will be better than Walton. And as long as he plays 6 or 7 years he is worth the pick here in the fourth.

Rookie Stats= 7 Starts

6. Malik Jackson C+= Depth player here, who could push for time. Could become like a poor man's Justin Tuck at best which would be pretty solid for the fifth round. Here's hoping for the best.

Rookie Stats= 24 Tackles 1 Sack 1 FF 5 TFL

7. Danny Trevathan B= He makes tackles all over. He isn't big, he isn't super athletic but he has instincts and stuck his nose in there in the SEC. Similar to Woodyard although less athletic I like this pick a lot.

Rookie Stats= 28 Tackles 3 TFL 1 INT

Ill give us a C.
_________________


Props to Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18511
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Your ignorance is beyond hysterical.

Just shut up. You look stupid.

dbronx42 wrote:
So again Palooka. Your look stupid. As Always

dbronx42 wrote:
I forgot Palooka watches every single college and NFL game known to man... Laughing


big_palooka wrote:
You're such a child, I love it. Not going to start up with you. You've already become his biggest homer.

If you can't see how your babble would in fact be a mentoring role, then you are blind.

You, a homer of the highest caliber, honestly will buy the 'studying under Manning' crap shelled out.

We will all laugh in your face when Osweiler is the latest 6'8 lurch of a prospect to be incapable of playing on this level.

big_palooka wrote:
Good day homer!

big_palooka wrote:
The funny part is, I get PM'd by member of THIS forum about how big a joke you are. You're own fan base laugh in your face with me. But if you think I care about maintaining my 'internet' status and credibility you're mistaken. Also, you forgot to mention I nailed my prediction in 2010, so I am 50%. Not bad.

big_palooka wrote:
I respond, because I love little homer rants. There are many members I have respect for and value their opinions and banter. Posters like yourself simply amuse me with simple minded name calling and homer posts.

big_palooka wrote:
Unlike yourself, I'm not a homer fan who's life revolves around my favorite sports team.

Don't bother responding. I've got my fill of you and had a good laugh with a couple CO Bronco friends who post here. Life is good.


Good grief you two.

Both of you have a right to your opinions but reasonable people can disagree. There's no need for a pair of veteran members like yourselves to go ruining good threads like this by taking personal shots at one another.

I know I've told both of you before, just a few months ago in fact, to stop fighting like cats and dogs with one another and destroying what was a thread with a lot of good football talk.

So now I have no choice but to issue official WARNINGS to both of you.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
elliot878


Moderator
Joined: 03 Feb 2007
Posts: 10658
Location: Connecticut
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hard to find the rule violations. I'm handing out official warnings this Broncos vs Raiders gangin up on each other crap isn't going to be tolerated.


Everyone mentioned in this post do yourselves a favor and read the forum rules before making another post.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9338

OakRaiders3828:

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Laughing

Owned


Webmaster wrote:
9. Anyone caught posting garbage or one word posts to boost their post count, may receive a permanent ban.


Webmaster wrote:
3. Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.


OakRaiders3828 wrote:


You trust your eyes over a former GMs (Casserly) and call out BP for giving his opinion and trying to sarcastically say he knows more than your front office? Pretty contradicting! Also you laughed at him for using an article, but in your rebuttal you posted two articles (articles that basically prove his point). Don't throw stones if ya live in a glass house bud.


Webmaster wrote:
3. Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.


You see things getting out of hand and then you make a point to further stir the pot. Oakraiders3828 I don't see you in here much but I have no problem handing you an OFFICIAL WARNING for flaming, and post padding.


Dbronx42:

dbronx42 wrote:
Just shut up. You look stupid.


Webmaster wrote:
2. Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed.


dbronx42 wrote:
You are a joke, and this forum knows it.


Webmaster wrote:
2. Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed.


dbronx42 wrote:
We all know you don't watch every college game... I am making fun of you. It's comical how you always have all this game tape of seemingly every prospect in the draft. Did i mention you also manage to see every single Broncos game as well? All while running your super successful business might i add. Laughing You are a joke, and this forum knows it. Your predictions for the Broncos last season made you lose any credibility you had left.

You resort to calling people homers when you don't have a point ALL THE TIME. You are the biggest hypocrite i have ever come across in my life... I love how in every thread you say how "your not going to start up with me." Or " Your just a homer, your opinion is invalid." But like clockwork you respond back every single time.

Shall i bring up the posts where you start roasting people in Colorado because of how they dress...? Or when you told me to go cow tipping...? Do you realize how often you result to personal insults, or are you really that stupid?

Every single year you feel the need to pretend you have more knowledge and tape on prospects than scouts, and analysts like Kiper, Mayock, McShay etc... Just shut up.

Have fun being last in the division this year... 11 years and counting without the playoffs. Pretty embarrassing ... Applause


Webmaster wrote:
3. Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.


Webmaster wrote:
2. Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed.


dbronx42, you're killing me, and not in the "I'm laughing hysterically" way. That whole inal post was trolling, had nothing to do with Broncos football and everything to do with you and Palooka's ongoing argument. You need to learn to choose your battles better and keep your guns in their holsters when Palooka or anyone else irritates you.

dbronx42 I am giving you an OFFICIAL WARNING for your numerous rule violations.

Big_Palooka:

big_palooka wrote:
You, a homer of the highest caliber, honestly will buy the 'studying under Manning' crap shelled out.


Webmaster wrote:
2. Personal attacks, name calling, and threats to other members are not allowed.


big_palooka wrote:



Correct. So I have a free time, money and no attachment to an office. You'd be amazed how much you can accomplish. Oh and the best part, I've got clients that have worked at all level of sports, football, basketball, hockey.

Football is a passion of mine. Couldn't play it, watch a ton of it.

The funny part is, I get PM'd by member of THIS forum about how big a joke you are. You're own fan base laugh in your face with me. But if you think I care about maintaining my 'internet' status and credibility you're mistaken. Also, you forgot to mention I nailed my prediction in 2010, so I am 50%. Not bad.

I respond, because I love little homer rants. There are many members I have respect for and value their opinions and banter. Posters like yourself simply amuse me with simple minded name calling and homer posts. I love to rile them up and watch their panties bunch so I can see posts like this. Thanks for humoring me. Killed some down time on a Sunday.

Colorado? Nope, just guys like you. I have nothing but love for Colorado. Some of my best friends live their and post in this forum and agree with me regarding the type I described. I call myself a cow tipper. I'm from rural Wyo originally. Don't take it to heart. Sorry I struck a nerve and described you to a tee with the dress comment. Wish I could prove it, because I know it's true.

I'm wrong all the time. Never pretend anything. It's in all in how you choose to digest it. In typical homer fashion, you overreact and get heated because my views don't conform to your perfect homer vision.

Unlike yourself, I'm not a homer fan who's life revolves around my favorite sports team. If the Raiders lose, better luck next year. No sweat off my back. I'm not paying for season tickets where I live. I hope the Broncos are super successful this year however so it helps you overcome whatever it is that ails you in life that make the Broncos such a driving force in all you do. Don't bother responding. I've got my fill of you and had a good laugh with a couple CO Bronco friends who post here. Life is good.


Webmaster wrote:
3. Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.


big_palooka you are OFFICIALLY WARNED as well for your involvement and continued trolling in this thread and with dbronx42.

I suggest the two of you drop your feud as it has led to consistent rule violations and warnings. You both failed to talk football in any way in your last few posts. Keep on topic, keep it friendly.

The constructive discussion about our draft in this thread has come and gone, so I will be locking it up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group