Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders College Football Scouting Report Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
You guys were right Maehl has been really good tonight, he would be a good pick up if we was there in the 5th

But he's too slow for Al.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
I have been checking out prospects but am far from an expert. Wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on the following players as to whether they would be a good fit for the Raiders and what round they would likely be picked in.

Curtis Brown CB Texas Late 2nd-3rd
Marcus Gilbert OT Florida 3rd-early 4th
Jason Pinkston OT Pittsburgh 3rd
Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton No idea

Any help/comments appreciated.

And i'm no expert either. I actually like Gilbert for us in the 3rd. I'd rather get Orlando Franklin but if he's gone, Gilbert would be a good option. Both are huge, strong guys but seem athletic enough to fit any scheme. Gilbert might actually be more athletic.

2nd - Johnny Patrick CB Louisville
3rd - Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
4th - Rashad Carmichael CB VT (could be long gone though)
5th - Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Andrew Datko at LT. 6'6, 305 of almost pure muscle. Has great footwork and technique, probably one of the only good LT prospects in the draft. Know as a leader at FSU as-well. Three seasons starting at LT also helps him some. He might not declare though, which makes sense as he should be a first round pick next year. Great prospect though.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curtis Marsh CB/KR 6'0 193 Utah State. Projected 4th round.

He has only 2 years of experience at CB, was a RB before that, so he needs a bit of polishing on his skills. Played in a mostly bump and run D. Should have good numbers at the combine (around 4.4). Looks like the kind of project Al davis would draft. He'll be at the Senior Bowl, so look out for him during the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DwCYgqHWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9PKj1XvJc
early43

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Marcus Gilbet still projected to go in the 3rd round? Or has he shot up draft boards?
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Is Marcus Gilbet still projected to go in the 3rd round? Or has he shot up draft boards?

Higher i have seen him is mid 2nd. Lower is early 4th. 3rd sounds about right.
early43

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
early43 wrote:

Higher i have seen him is mid 2nd. Lower is early 4th. 3rd sounds about right.

Great news! Hope we land this guy cuz I've been calling for him all offseason with our 3rd round pick.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the Raider's roster is essentially set and college football is about to begin, this is an early (way early!) look at future Raiders. I love mocks because I'm always introduced to players that I may have missed and enjoy watching them progress and dream about their contributions to the Raiders. Here are some of my favorite prospects:

Round One

Vontaze Burfict l OLB l Arizona State l ht: 6’3” l wt: 252lbs l 40: 4.67
Although Burfict doesn’t appear to be a physical specimen with his shirt off, Burfict possesses uncanny football instincts and vicious closing speed. A fiery emotional leader Burfict does have a tendency to play out of control to the point of hurting his team. Questions about his ability to play in control should put Burfict within the Raiders draft range. Prototypical Raider size/speed ratio in a 250lb+ package with California ties makes Burfict an easy sale to fans and his persona makes Burfict a perfect Raider. This acquisition not only continues to make the Raiders front 7 one of the heaviest in the league but also makes Goethel a quality backup at all 3 LB spots.
Outlook: Replacing 2012 Free Agent OLB Quentin Groves ( 27yrs old)
Alternative Pick(s): QB Luck, Landry, Barkley, CB Morris Claiborne or Dre Kirkpatrick

Round Two (TRADE )
I don’t want to project exactly how this trade will happen as any suggested offer will be deemed unrealistic. Rather, I think the Raiders will definitely be looking at a QB late 1st – middle 2nd.

Dayne Crist l QB l Notre Dame l ht: 6’4” l wt: 235lbs l 40: 4.68
Coming out of high school Crist was ranked higher than Andrew Luck. In an upset, Crist signs with Notre Dame over a number of West coast schools specifically to be under the tutelage of Charlie Weiss who has a reputation of developing NFL ready prospects. Weiss is fired and a couple of knee injuries later and Crist is not as highly heralded. Crist possesses an excellent mix of size, mobility, and experience in a pro-set. Despite Crist’s experience in a Pro-set he will be characterized as spread-option system QB when he finds success in Brain Kelly’s spread offense this season. Although Crist will need to tweak his accuracy it doesn’t need major work. The Raiders will attempt to capitalize on the unfortunate set of circumstances that have beaten down Crist’s stock. HueJax will fall in love with Crist’s prototypical NFL size and leadership skills but will wait until the 2nd to maximize the value of this pick.
Why this will FINALLY work:
o Continuity: HueJax has the rare combination of deference to Al Davis & energy to remain in Raider Nation long enough to see the development of a rookie QB through
o Protection: The #1 reason rookie QBs fail is shell-shock. Somehow the Raiders will acquire a premium OT to form mammoth bookends to protect a rookie QB’s flanks.
o Top TE – More and more I am starting to take to the idea of Kevin Boss as the outlet for a QB trying to become acclimated to NFL coverages. Boss’ run blocking ability will allow him to stay on the field more often as an extra blocking OT in heavy packages.
o Strong running game – HueJax maintains that he wants to build a “bully”. A physically imposing OL built around a running a strong running game will shelter the Raiders new signal caller. Not being the 1st option offensively will allow the Raiders rookie QB to use play action to loosen up NFL secondarys.
Outlook: Replacing: 2012 Free Agent QB Jason Campbell (30 yrs old)
Alternative Pick(s): Possible trade with 49ers for QB Colin Kaepernick (if the 49ers are in position to draft Luck) or SD QB Lindley

Round Three

JerMarcus “Yoshi” Hardrick l OT l Nebraska l ht: 6’7” l wt: 330lbs l 40: 5.32
Hardrick, who has freakish long arms, has all the tools of an elite OT. Lack of exposure, splitting time at LT and a brief resume suppresses his draft stock.
Outlook: Replacing 2012 Free Agent OT Stephon Heyer
Alternative Pick: NT Dontari Poe

Round Three (Compensation →CB Nnmandi Asomugha)

Janzen Jackson l CB l Tennessee l ht: 6’0” l wt: 190lbs l 40: 4.43
Janzen Jackson has the speed, agility and ball skills to easily make a full-time conversation to CB in the mold of Nnamdi Asomugha. Jackson is physical despite his lack of prototypical safety size, which also suggests a conversion to CB. Legal woes (armed robbery) and personal problems that caused him to temporarily leave the team will suppress his draft stock.
Outlook: Replacing 2012 Free Agent CB Chris Johnson (32 yrs old)

Round Four

Jason Campbell l QB l Auburn l ht: 6’6” l wt: 295lbs l 40: 4.70
This pick was dealt in a 2010 trade w/ Washington
Outlook: Resigned as QB2

Round Four (Compensation → OG Robert Gallery)

Ronnie Wingo l RB l Arkansas l ht: 6’3” l wt: 231lbs l 40: 4.52
Wingo possesses excellent agility in addition to Raider prototypical size/speed ratio. While Wingo does have physical attributes that grade higher than the 4th round, the logjam at RB at Arkansas will suppress his draft stock. Wingo won’t have a huge body of work by which to be judged entering the 2012 draft. Excellent CoP compliment RB prospect.
Outlook: Replacing 2012 Free Agent RB Michael Bush (28 yrs old)

Round Five

Josh Gordon l WR l Baylor l ht: 6’3” l wt: 220lbs l 40: 4.43
Gordon, who has prototypical Raider size/speed ratio, has recently been suspended indefinitely by Baylor for violating unspecified team rules. Eventually, Gordon will find a Div II school to finish out his college career before entering the draft. Character concerns will chase away many of his suitors as he is a multiple offender. However, there is a point where value exceeds risk and taking a 5th round flier on Gordon becomes well worth the risk. Gordon’s plummeting stock and dismissal from Baylor will be the wake-up call he needs to mature.
Outlook: Replacing 2012 Free Agent WR Chaz Schilens (26 yrs old)

Round Five (Compensation→ TE Zach Miller)

Antoine McClain l OG l Clemson l ht: 6’5” l wt: 330lbs l 40: 5.34
#12th ranked 2012 OG. Historically the 5th is approximately around where this type of prospect is drafted. 3rd team All-ACC. Lead the team with 69 knock-downs. Won team strength training award. Average blocking grade 76%
Outlook: Replacing 2012 Free Agent OG Cooper Carlisle

Round Six

Ray Polk l FS l Colorado l ht: 6’1” l wt: 215lbs l 40: 4.48
Center-fielder with Raider size/speed ratio. A project with upside but a lack of production.
Outlook: Replacing 2012 Free Agent SS Tyvon Branch

Round Seven

Mikhail Marinovich l DE l Syracuse l ht: 6’4” l wt: 245lbs l 40: 4.69
His father played for the Raiders, his brother played for the Raiders, so to shall Mikhail play for the Raiders. The sense of legacy will be too strong for Mr. Davis to pass up.
Outlook: Replacing 2012 Free Agent DE Trevor Scott
LevR85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if he going to come out this year, if so I wouldnt spend the 1st on him, but if he comes out the following year, what are thoughts on ASU QB Brock Osweiler with a 3rd or 4th Pick
mo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sammy Watkins WR Clemson is a freaking boss.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyvann Mathieu the CB/FS/playmaker for LSU is filthy. He is a sophmore so if we have a 1st in 2013 we should go hard at him.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm absolutely shocked my favorite college prospect Alabama OL Barrett Jones returned to school. I'm not surprised Osweiler came out. I think he will develop into an excellent career backup similar to TJ Yates or Tui.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Brockers l DT l LSU l ht: 6’5” l wt: 306lbs l 40: 4.95

I'm going to put this here. Brockers might be the best value in the upcoming draft and my latest favorite prospect. Initially he was projected as a 2nd rounder and has immediately shot up to a top 15 selection. The Raiders have NO shot at this guy. Brockers could easily be a cornerstone 3-4 DE.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld.com wrote:
Alabama NT Josh Chapman played the final eight games of his senior season with a torn ACL and meniscus in his left knee.

"Dr. (Lyle) Cain said he's never seen a guy that can have a torn ACL and still stay that stable," explained Chapman. The 2011 second-team All-SEC pick and Senior Bowl invitee finally underwent reconstructive surgery on Tuesday and will probably begin his rookie career on the PUP list. Chapman still intends to do the bench press at the Combine and interview with teams.

Thats pretty impressive. I have watched Champman extensively at Bama and I honestly believe that this guy will be one of the top 3-4 NTs in the NFL. The injury will probably hurt his draft stock. I hope we can land this guy in the fourth or fifth round and let him heal up before we unleash him.

Note I think he could be an excellent DT in a 4-3 as well, but he wouldnt put up flashy numbers. I want this guy regardless of what scheme we run next season.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to start randomly listing and giving information about 2013 prospects I feel that will be possible positions of need (CB, S, OT, TE, RB, LB, QB) and guys that I can see the Raiders going after. I'll list players projected to go anywhere from round 1 to round 7.

Jonathan banks, CB Mississippi State

6-1 188
Senior
Projected round: 1-2

Quote:
Jonathan Banks*, Mississippi State, CB (6-1, 185): Banks doesn't receive the national fanfare of his SEC brethren, but his game is certainly on par with his counterparts. He is silky smooth in coverage, displays exceptional ball awareness and is a legitimate playmaker in the clutch. Factor in his underrated blitz skills, and there is a lot to like about Banks' game.

Quote:
#13 CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State - Long lean frame, with long arms. Perfect build for a CB - Active in run support, doesn’t shy away from contact - Struggled to get off block, which lead to rushing TD - Rarely is thrown at, WF very cognisant of where he is at all times - Good timing on the CB blitz, aggresive at the LOS - Has played in mostly as zone today, but has the ability to play all coverages

Banks is a very good coverage corner. He basically shut down one side of the field against Wake Forest. He has very good size and length for a CB, something valued Tachighly by NFL scouts right now. One of the most active CB in run support I have seen this year. Banks is a versatile CB who is used on blitzes. I think Banks could excel in press man, off and zone coverages. It will be interesting to compare him to Vanderbilt CB Casey Hayward who I am scouting next game.

If Banks declares he is firmly in the second round with the ability to move up the board. Certainly his combination of size, speed and the ability to return kicks will be highly attractive to the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW1sc2_HxFk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yov4uFzbLes

Stats: 2011
Tackles: 66
Solo: 43
Assist: 23
Sacks: 3.0
INT's: 5
int yards: 26
pass deflection: 9
TDs: 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: