Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jacoby Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope Rick Smith continues to assert his authority over the checkbook over Kubiak (see also Winston, Brisiel, Dreessen) as bringing Jacoby back at all was thinking with our hearts, not our heads. $10.5 million was nuts considering similar Packers enigma James Jones got $9.4 for much more production and that's AFTER they drafted Randall Cobb in the 2nd. There were far better / cheaper options out there in FA including Malcolm Floyd, Lance Moore, Steve Breaston and decent options in the 3rd and 5th round that we bypassed (Hankerson, Vincent Brown, Denarius Moore, Jeremy Kerley, etc). Now we set $3 million in much needed cap space on fire to finally admit that him again being a significant contributor to multiple losses in a season (Oakland and Balt) was not worth the occasional flashy return or leaping catch. I wanted him flat cut after the Oakland game as one of the most pathetic displays of ability, awareness, and effort I have ever seen at the position and cemented his role as QB killer. Never in my life have I seen more excuses made for a player that was still treated like a rookie 5 years into his career.

Now I guess we get hit the reset button and determine if DaVier Posey, Lestar Jean, Dwight Jones can be the next guys to impress Kubiak with their ability to jump high over DBs and catch tough balls once in a while, while being too slow to get open against a teams worst DBs, cut off routes too early, and not be able to catch passes that hit them in the hands. Can someone please remind Kubiak that in order to run after the catch, they have to be able to get open and catch it! I swear Kubiak is just looking for excuses to keep Kevin Walter at #2 by having nothing but unreliable projects or retirees behind him. Personally I suspect Walter must be Kubiak's spooning buddy like Quagmire/Peter in this weeks Family Guy.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
jch1911

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Personally I suspect Walter must be Kubiak's spooning buddy like Quagmire/Peter in this weeks Family Guy.

Giggity!

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Personally I suspect Walter must be Kubiak's spooning buddy like Quagmire/Peter in this weeks Family Guy.

Giggity!

Perfect! If Lois were Ed McAffery, Kubs would be in heaven.

DaleGribble

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they say old people dont like Family Guy..

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaleGribble wrote:

Yes, and half of the young whippersnappers here were actually watching Pokemon on Cartoon Network when FG launched in 99 after the Broncos/Falcons Super Bowl. Someday, I'll put one of you on my knee and tell you the story about Super Bowl party I was at the night Family Guy launched. Was a "Clubhouse" prelude to the 2nd wildest party I've even been to in my life later that year after the Stars won the Stanley Cup (Vinnie Paul's house, bottles of Crown lined up like beers at an ice house - hired "talent" everywhere - and ultimately Guy Carbonneau tossing Cup into pool - and missing). Yep, sometimes I feel sorry for you guys growing up in the "everybody has a camera on them 24/7" era as even minor celebrities have to be so insulated from the public in the really fun situations.

kenney

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Yes, and half of the young whippersnappers here were actually watching Pokemon on Cartoon Network when FG launched in 99 after the Broncos/Falcons Super Bowl. Someday, I'll put one of you on my knee and tell you the story about Super Bowl party I was at the night Family Guy launched. Was a "Clubhouse" prelude to the 2nd wildest party I've even been to in my life later that year after the Stars won the Stanley Cup (Vinnie Paul's house, bottles of Crown lined up like beers at an ice house - hired "talent" everywhere - and ultimately Guy Carbonneau tossing Cup into pool - and missing). Yep, sometimes I feel sorry for you guys growing up in the "everybody has a camera on them 24/7" era as even minor celebrities have to be so insulated from the public in the really fun situations.

Silly old guy, Pokemon aired only on WB. Cartoon Network didn't acquire the rights to air episodes of it until the early 2000s!
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Silly old guy, Pokemon aired only on WB. Cartoon Network didn't acquire the rights to air episodes of it until the early 2000s!

Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
kenney wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

On a salacious post featuring Pantera, Crown, strippers, hockey players, and the Dirty Bird Super Bowl, the Pokeman reference is the one that caught your fact checking attention? All I remember about WB is that it was really popular with teenage girls and sensitive kenney types who loved this guy Wink

BTW - can I nominate this thread for the hijacked thread of the year award? Interesting fact: Seth MacFarlane was booked on Flight 11 from Logan but was hungover and got to the airport too late to board .

PS - I figured once of Jacoby's possible destinations would be New England, but I saw they went back to the Jabar Gaffney well. The only person that loves slow receivers more than Kubiak is Belichick. (see what I did there)

Last edited by Apollo Stallion on Thu May 03, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

2003-04 2006-present on cartoon network.

I remember going to the movies (Pokemon 2000 IIRC) and getting a special edition holographic mew card!.. Depressing how they brain washed me at that time.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
kenney wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

I remember going to the movies (Pokemon 2000 IIRC) and getting a special edition holographic mew card!.. Depressing how they brain washed me at that time.

Servant, you must remove that Winnipeg Jets sig right now if Pokemon is the interesting part of this thread. But then again, what would a Winnipeg fan know about the Stanley Cup? Probably about as much as a Cubs fan knows about the World Series...

I wonder if Jacoby would be a fit on the New York Jets? Maybe a guy who cuts off all of his routes short is exactly what Sanchez and Tebow need since they bounce so many balls to their receivers anyway...

ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
kenney wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Servant, you must remove that Winnipeg Jets sig right now if Pokemon is the interesting part of this thread. But then again, what would a Winnipeg fan know about the Stanley Cup? Probably about as much as a Cubs fan knows about the World Series...

I wonder if Jacoby would be a fit on the New York Jets? Maybe a guy who cuts off all of his routes short is exactly what Sanchez and Tebow need since they bounce so many balls to their receivers anyway...

As much as a Baylor fan would know about winning I suppose.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney - my goal is to keep this thread going until I get to 5,000 posts. Think we could find something else about Baylor & A&M to fight about?

You see my boy Ireland grab Jeff Fuller as a UDFA to pair with Sherman and Tannehill? I didn't like Jeff as a Texan as I saw Jacoby run that same sideline streak Fuller specialized in at A&M with little success. Was a tad surprised as my impression was that both Ryan and Sherman had soured on him by the end of the year, but I guess everyone gets to call a bit of a mulligan on last year (still shocked that Frederick got drafted but Judie didn't). If Fuller comes into camp in good shape with his head on straight I think he has a great opportunity to step in and be another UDFA success story for them like Bess, except that Fuller is their only receiver with any size right now.

BTW - Tip to store away for your fantasy season this year. Watch out for Clyde Gates down there as Ireland and Sherman have him pegged for the Ryan Swope role.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
kenney wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Football - #12 + Heisman
Men's Basketball - #8 (2 Elite 8's in 3 years)
Women's Basketball - #1 (first 40-0 season ever in NCAA basketball)
Baseball - #3 (18-0 in Big 12)
Top 2011-2012 NCAA Athletic Performance BY FAR
maybe our boy Trey Wingo can push ESPN to sub the Bear network in for the Longhorn Network

and while we're at it, how are my St. Louis Cardinals looking? A Dozen Championships has a nice ring to it!

BTW - I'll go ahead and provide you the proper Jets comeback as I'm also a lifelong Blues fan. 24 straight playoffs made and no Cup. Of course, I was loving this year with Hitch and Langenbrunner reminding me of my years in Dallas but those stupid Kings are going to ruin it.

ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
ServantofYHWH wrote:
kenney wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
DaleGribble wrote:

Football - #12 + Heisman
Men's Basketball - #8 (2 Elite 8's in 3 years)
Women's Basketball - #1 (first 40-0 season ever in NCAA basketball)
Baseball - #3 (18-0 in Big 12)
Top 2011-2012 NCAA Athletic Performance BY FAR
maybe our boy Trey Wingo can push ESPN to sub the Bear network in for the Longhorn Network

and while we're at it, how are my St. Louis Cardinals looking? A Dozen Championships has a nice ring to it!

BTW - I'll go ahead and provide you the proper Jets comeback as I'm also a lifelong Blues fan. 24 straight playoffs made and no Cup. Of course, I was loving this year with Hitch and Langenbrunner reminding me of my years in Dallas but those stupid Kings are going to ruin it.

First year as the Winnipeg Jets. Really? Even before that they were the Thrashers since 1999. The Blues are boring and are going to be swept by the Kings. They have a stupid mascot too.

You really brought up women's basketball? UCONNs historic run barely carries any weight. Your first heisman and the most it could get you is number 12 and it's the best Baylor has been since the Southwest conference. Nothing compared to my Longhorns. A little bit of recent succes has your ego bursting at the seam.

I'll concede the Cardinals and don't have much bad to say as most of their fans are classy. (you of course being the exception) But unless your a Boston Celtics fan like me, my NBA team > yours.
jargin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
All I remember about WB is that it was really popular with teenage girls and sensitive kenney types who loved this guy Wink

This is exactly how I have pictured Kenney from the very beginning. Its nice to finally put an image to the name.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: