Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.

http://www.joebucsfan.com/

Quote:
Dominik said after he snagged [Michael] Smith another team offered the Bucs a sixth-round pick in 2013 in exchange for Smith

Apparently he was a hot commodity.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PolarBucc06 wrote:
I know we have all talked about how great this draft has been and how great Dom has done moving around, but if you really look into how he has moved and leveraged picks it truly is amazing.

He has essentially turned a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th into a 1st, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 7th all by moving back two slots to start the draft. He literally turned that 3rd into a 1st. Amazing.
I think he learned that settling is just not a bright idea. This draft might be the best one he has had here but under Morris they seemed complacent most of the time. I know they traded up for Benn and Freeman but I don't ever recall them moving up into the first, into the late second to acquire first round talents. I tell you all one thing, I know for certain Roy Miller and Myron Lewis were settle picks. There were guys that went before them I thought we should've moved up to get and missed out. For an example, Brandon Spikes fell HARD in 2010 and we "loved" him so much only to miss out on him 4 picks over and we took Lewis. We take Spikes in 2010 your looking at a completely different defense. And then of course you have the DT run off that occurred in the third, and we missed Terrence Knighton by 8 picks. Glad we learned our lesson here in 2012. I really think David can be Beason good and will most likely be our best player next year on defense.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
PolarBucc06 wrote:
I know we have all talked about how great this draft has been and how great Dom has done moving around, but if you really look into how he has moved and leveraged picks it truly is amazing.

He has essentially turned a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 7th into a 1st, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 7th all by moving back two slots to start the draft. He literally turned that 3rd into a 1st. Amazing.
I think he learned that settling is just not a bright idea. This draft might be the best one he has had here but under Morris they seemed complacent most of the time. I know they traded up for Benn and Freeman but I don't ever recall them moving up into the first, into the late second to acquire first round talents. I tell you all one thing, I know for certain Roy Miller and Myron Lewis were settle picks. There were guys that went before them I thought we should've moved up to get and missed out. For an example, Brandon Spikes fell HARD in 2010 and we "loved" him so much only to miss out on him 4 picks over and we took Lewis. We take Spikes in 2010 your looking at a completely different defense. And then of course you have the DT run off that occurred in the third, and we missed Terrence Knighton by 8 picks. Glad we learned our lesson here in 2012. I really think David can be Beason good and will most likely be our best player next year on defense.

I'm in awe of how Dom manipulated the picks. He traded down to get a forth and get the guy he wanted. He then used that forth to get Martin and David, all the while keeping picks. Pure draft brilliance. Hopefully other teams didn't take notes.

IN DOM I TRUST!
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Trent Richardson - RB - Browns
According to SI's Peter King, the Bucs were "were never seriously interested" in acquiring the No. 3 overall pick.
Related: Buccaneers, Vikings
Source: Sports Illustrated Apr 30 - 10:05 AM
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
According to SI's Peter King, the Bucs were "were never seriously interested" in acquiring the No. 3 overall pick.

Kind of believe it. Minnesota played Cleveland saying we were hot for Richardson. I think Schiano and Dom had the better plan all along and getting a top tier starting Safety then getting Doug Martin, who isn't a bad consolation price to Richardson.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone wants a feed of the 2009 NJCAA game PM me. For the record, that game was the championship game that featured Cam Newton vs Lavonte David's team. I plan on watching the game sometime by the end of the week but I have a feed if anybody else wants to see what David did against him.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:

Kind of believe it. Minnesota played Cleveland saying we were hot for Richardson. I think Schiano and Dom had the better plan all along and getting a top tier starting Safety then getting Doug Martin, who isn't a bad consolation price to Richardson.

Minny did very well. People can bash the Browns all they want but they got their guy. The draft is one huge gamble/chess game. They got scared and out of it lost a 4th, 6th, and 7th round pick. When you say it out loud, giving up 4 draft picks for a back sounds crazy. He balls out and nobody will ever question the move though. If I were a Browns fan I probably would of felt better with a Blackmon, Martin first round. With their 2nd round pick grab Hill or Randle. I would be able to move the chains with those guys plus Little Very Happy

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:

Just like Schiano was our guy the whole time. Right? Laughing

Oh well. I'm stoked with our draft. I wouldn't change a thing.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:

It does sound a little farfetched but the more I think about it, the more I think it's true. Apparently we never had an interest in moving up to #3, and Dom had to know that Claiborne would not be there at 7. If we passed on him, with Ron Cooper as our DB coach, I have to believe they had something like this planned all along.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:

I would just like to say that I am extremely.. extremely happy that Chip Kelly turned us down. I am not a fan of his at all and I absolutely love the attitude and culture that Schiano has brought into One Buc. I highly doubt Kelly would have done that. In hindsight I guess anyone could say this but I was not too happy when I heard Chip Kelly would be our next coach. While that was the same about Schiano at first.. when I actually got to know a little about him and heard his press conference I felt very good with the hire.

Just kind of taking about old stuff but Im just very pleased with our whole offseason and HC hire from top to bottom.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, don't believe it. This staff is pretty obviously interested in Richardson, and I'm sure they kicked the tires and were at least a little interested in moving up. It just sounds better that we did exactly what we wanted to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Nope, don't believe it. This staff is pretty obviously interested in Richardson, and I'm sure they kicked the tires and were at least a little interested in moving up. It just sounds better that we did exactly what we wanted to.

There is no doubt we were interested in Richardson, and I do bet we contacted Minnesota for an asking price. However, I am willing to bet that RIchardson, to Dominik, wasn't worth that much more when he pulled off what he did. He saw the overall status of his football team.

Right now, I still don't think Cleveland, even with Richardson, contends for the division or Wild-Card spot.

We did the right thing. We have 3 RBs now that can do damage and stay fresh through 4 Quarters, with a dominate O-line, and still addressed the S and LB positions with day 1 starters and 1st round talent.

Dominik did a terrific job and he deserves credit for his last few drafts. He's gone out and produced in getting talent. This might be the 3rd stragith draft I've seen "A" grades. We just didn't have the right coaching staff in progress with Raheem and clowns.

Similar situation to the Niners once they fixed there coaching staff over-haul. Bucs are going to be tough team to play. Getting competitive and disciplined is the first step to becoming a winner. To me, they're on the right track.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to chase minnifield? undrafted?
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
What happened to chase minnifield? undrafted?

Signed with Washington I believe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

Jump to: