Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Selects Russell Wilson with the 75th Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27056
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
What you have to understand SwiftTexan, is that some people on this board are lemmings. It doesn't matter what negative things, were said about any player before the draft. If we somehow end up taking one of those players, all of a sudden, it was a great pick and that guy is gonna be a star. I keep the same opinions of guys after the draft, that I had before the draft. If I didn't like a guy before he was chosen, I had a reason and I'm certainly not gonna sing his praises after he is chosen, just because my team drafted him. I'm gonna speak my mind. After all, this is America and we have the freedom to speak out against things we view as wrong. You sound like the same type of person and I respect that.
First of all, dramatic speech Osprey. I love how you managed to bring freedom of speech into the equation Laughing

But you're wrong. What most of us, what I am, are optimistic. You on the other hand, are incredibly negative. I'm not in love with Russell Wilson. He has a very good skillset however, and I'm going to give the guy a chance to prove to me he can break the trend. Believe it or not, there are trends broking every single year. Trends we can't discuss on this forum even. But trends are meant to be broken.


thats where i had to stop reading, what i load of BS. But that's just osprey being the skip bayless he is.

As far as i know, i'm the only one to make a complete u-turn on wilson. But everyone on this board should know me better than that, i don't just tag along with what the FO does. I have my reasons.

You just strike me as a person with severe issues with being wrong osprey, to the point where you'll just babble about nothing. You still don't have one point about wilson other than height, and that argument has been destroyed on numerous occasions that you haven't retorted to. So what happens? Back to the sensationalism and the "me against the world" complex....again. Nobody but shazor has said russell wilson WILL start, and he gets a pass IMO because that has always been his guy. Now you're trying to get swifttexan to team up with you against the "tyranny and oppression" of the other posters opinions....because they don't agree with you Rolling Eyes . Just have a different opinion, my god is it so hard? The fact that you brought FOS is a new low for you, it's actually the bottom...it's pathetic. You've shown your smarter than this crap, so get your ish together and come up with a better argument next time. Don't resort to this garbage excuse for a viewpoint

"Lemming", how disrespectful.
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
What you have to understand SwiftTexan, is that some people on this board are lemmings. It doesn't matter what negative things, were said about any player before the draft. If we somehow end up taking one of those players, all of a sudden, it was a great pick and that guy is gonna be a star. I keep the same opinions of guys after the draft, that I had before the draft. If I didn't like a guy before he was chosen, I had a reason and I'm certainly not gonna sing his praises after he is chosen, just because my team drafted him. I'm gonna speak my mind. After all, this is America and we have the freedom to speak out against things we view as wrong. You sound like the same type of person and I respect that.
First of all, dramatic speech Osprey. I love how you managed to bring freedom of speech into the equation Laughing

But you're wrong. What most of us, what I am, are optimistic. You on the other hand, are incredibly negative. I'm not in love with Russell Wilson. He has a very good skillset however, and I'm going to give the guy a chance to prove to me he can break the trend. Believe it or not, there are trends broking every single year. Trends we can't discuss on this forum even. But trends are meant to be broken.


+1
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21258
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
What you have to understand SwiftTexan, is that some people on this board are lemmings. It doesn't matter what negative things, were said about any player before the draft. If we somehow end up taking one of those players, all of a sudden, it was a great pick and that guy is gonna be a star. I keep the same opinions of guys after the draft, that I had before the draft. If I didn't like a guy before he was chosen, I had a reason and I'm certainly not gonna sing his praises after he is chosen, just because my team drafted him. I'm gonna speak my mind. After all, this is America and we have the freedom to speak out against things we view as wrong. You sound like the same type of person and I respect that.
First of all, dramatic speech Osprey. I love how you managed to bring freedom of speech into the equation Laughing

But you're wrong. What most of us, what I am, are optimistic. You on the other hand, are incredibly negative. I'm not in love with Russell Wilson. He has a very good skillset however, and I'm going to give the guy a chance to prove to me he can break the trend. Believe it or not, there are trends broking every single year. Trends we can't discuss on this forum even. But trends are meant to be broken.


thats where i had to stop reading, what i load of BS. But that's just osprey being the skip bayless he is.

As far as i know, i'm the only one to make a complete u-turn on wilson. But everyone on this board should know me better than that, i don't just tag along with what the FO does. I have my reasons.

You just strike me as a person with severe issues with being wrong osprey, to the point where you'll just babble about nothing. You still don't have one point about wilson other than height, and that argument has been destroyed on numerous occasions that you haven't retorted to. So what happens? Back to the sensationalism and the "me against the world" complex....again. Nobody but shazor has said russell wilson WILL start, and he gets a pass IMO because that has always been his guy. Now you're trying to get swifttexan to team up with you against the "tyranny and oppression" of the other posters opinions....because they don't agree with you Rolling Eyes . Just have a different opinion, my god is it so hard? The fact that you brought FOS is a new low for you, it's actually the bottom...it's pathetic. You've shown your smarter than this crap, so get your ish together and come up with a better argument next time. Don't resort to this garbage excuse for a viewpoint

"Lemming", how disrespectful.
Let's avoid attacking specific members. This is directed at both camps, the anti-Wilson's and pro-Wilson's.

As a whole, we're letting this get too personal.

_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly we should just settle this over fists and beer. Doesn't matter which order.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27056
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/64433/measuring-russell-wilson-by-height-more



ESPN Article on Russell Wilson, his height, and a video about the selection
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Reid-Assesses-QB-Picture/8ce1b7a9-afc8-4276-b2d1-1e5df0452181

Quote:
When Wilson, the opposite end of the spectrum from Foles size-wise at 5-11, was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks with the 75th overall pick, the decision was taken out their hands and the draft room was happy to have Foles still on the board 13 picks later.


For those that stated we could get Wilson in the 5th or even 4th round, the Eagles would have taken him over Foles according to this and the word around Philly.

So you guys can admit to being wrong about one part so far.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27056
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another profile on Russell Wilson

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/5/3/2989792/seahawks-russell-wilson-nfl-draft-qb-height


This is way too long to quote AND there is a part two.....this is a small book. This will tell you all you could possibly know about wilson and his chances from a football standpoint
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 487
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Reid-Assesses-QB-Picture/8ce1b7a9-afc8-4276-b2d1-1e5df0452181

Quote:
When Wilson, the opposite end of the spectrum from Foles size-wise at 5-11, was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks with the 75th overall pick, the decision was taken out their hands and the draft room was happy to have Foles still on the board 13 picks later.


For those that stated we could get Wilson in the 5th or even 4th round, the Eagles would have taken him over Foles according to this and the word around Philly.

So you guys can admit to being wrong about one part so far.


I can be wrong about being short not being a bad thing after what I saw yesterday. I heard a train close start to blow the horn and thought what the hell is that for? Then I saw a little dog between the tracks and thought oh no as it went under the train. And all of the sudden the dog jumps out between the wheels and runs off into the woods. What a relief!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Senior Bowl over again last night and Wilson didn't look great, but that doesn't mean he's not a good QB..I think because of this reason Osprey is cold on him- and understandably so. If I only watched that vido, i would be very sour. Wilson's biggest strength is his ability to understand and grasp offences and defences. In the Senior Bowl it would have been impossible to audible, and change the play. It'd be like saying, "Drew, go run this offense that you haven't run before and you can't change the play when you get to the line." He wouldn't be in the NFL. He's not in the NFL because he's got a rocket arm. He reads plays well, studies obsessively, steps up into the pocket and delivers accurate passes. Russel Wilson CAN be the same type player as long as he learns that his first instinct should be to step up into the pocket. I saw far to regularly that his first move was out instead of in. If he can fix that, a star is born- if he can't I don't believe he'll be more than a capable starter.
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3286
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Reid-Assesses-QB-Picture/8ce1b7a9-afc8-4276-b2d1-1e5df0452181

Quote:
When Wilson, the opposite end of the spectrum from Foles size-wise at 5-11, was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks with the 75th overall pick, the decision was taken out their hands and the draft room was happy to have Foles still on the board 13 picks later.


For those that stated we could get Wilson in the 5th or even 4th round, the Eagles would have taken him over Foles according to this and the word around Philly.

So you guys can admit to being wrong about one part so far.


I believe that the Eagles would have taken him - it makes a lot of sense. Vick is similar in some ways - he's not tall and he's athletic - he's also injured fairly often so it makes sense to have a back-up that is in a similar mold. Russell Wilson is more accurate than Vick was coming out of VT but Vick's arm is much stronger in my opinion and Vick's running skills impressed me more (although Wilson is an excellent scrambler). My point wasn't that we could have gotten Wilson in the 4th or 5th because no other teams would have taken him, my point was that I would have been more comfortable with him as a 4th or 5th round selection as we could have addressed other needs (see previous post - CB or TE) and just picked up a back-up QB prospect later. I just didn't think a back-up QB was a good value for this team in the third round. My point about the 3rd round was that I didn't think Seattle is in a position to take a flier on a QB with a team that is coming off two straight 7-9 seasons. It's a risky pick and I would have preferred if they added talented players at positions that will see the field. If we go 6-10 or 5-11 next year - how long is Pete going to be around for? I'm not saying he's on the hot seat - I love him as a coach - but after three straight losing seasons I'm sure you'll hear grumblings.

imani wrote:
Another profile on Russell Wilson

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2012/5/3/2989792/seahawks-russell-wilson-nfl-draft-qb-height


This is way too long to quote AND there is a part two.....this is a small book. This will tell you all you could possibly know about wilson and his chances from a football standpoint


Good article - I read the whole thing! Believe it or not the guy sounds like what I've been trying to convey. Cautiously optmistic. I hope Wilson succeeds because I'm a fan of the Seahawks and I'm going to root for our team. I want all of our players to stay healthy, perform to the best of their abilities and work as a team.

My final thoughts - I would compare Wilson (in the best case scenario) to somewhere between Vick and Brees. He's got better athleticism than Brees, although not at Vick status. His arm strength and accuracy is somewhere in between the two as well. The thing that I took from reading this is much like Brady is an anomaly for 6th round QBs. And Brees/Vick are anomalies for 6foot tall QBs. Just because Brady was a 6th round QB - doesn't make it smart to bank on getting your starter on Day 3. Just because Brees was successful doesn't make it smart to put your hopes on a guy that's under 6 feet tall. As I've said - if we look at the draft as a game of poker. Some cards have better odds than others. If you play only paint or high pairs - you're more likely to win in the long run because you're playing the odds. You might get your aces cracked once in a while but you should still play them. Jamarcus Russell is an example of aces that got cracked. It shouldn't deter teams from taking tall QBs with a rocket arm #1 overall. If you play rags out of position - you might win every once in a while and get lucky but it doesn't mean it's a good strategy. The draft is like that - you can try to defeat the odds but I prefer to play the strong hands and play the odds. Russell Wilson isn't pocket aces. He's got a chance but the odds are against him. The odds were against Brady and Brees as well but if you're looking to win on a consistent basis - you play the odds. Teams that are perennial playoff teams can afford to take a flier on a player like Wilson - I don't think we're that team. Maybe I just disagree with the draft strategy of Pete and John - not every team sees the draft like they do. Either way - I've been a Seahawks fan my whole life and that's not going to change because our back-up QB is shorter than my nephew.
_________________
The Ultimate Fantasy Football Challenge
FootballsFuture Fantasy Scrubs League
**1 Spot Left For New Owner**
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Swift Texan for almost everything posted above. I didn't quote because it's a longer post.

Russell Wilson is rags of the QB world, I agree 100%. I guess you can only hope that amongst the rags types of Bress, Brady that you are good enough to identify certain qualifies within each of them that actually doesn't make them rags, but rather aces.

From the surface, I don't disagree that Wilson should not be picked in the 3rd round, but what if JS and PC notice something that Wilson has that other guys who appeared to be nothing all shared.

That something I'm talking about is what Mike Mayock eluded to when we took him. He's a winner! I watched a bio on Tom Brady recently and one thing that struck me was even though Drew Henson tried to take over as #1, he was the better winner on the field. Even back then he had an uncanny ability to come from behind and win- that last minute drive. ONe thing that makes me excited about Wilson is that he possesses that same qualify. I watched a few videos where he led Wisconson to last minute drives. They eneded up not winning them because of 2 fluke hailmaries but that had nothing to do with him.

If Wilson ONLY had a good arm, good stats in college, and his athletiscm, I'd say..who cares, but that fact is Wilson is one of those unique competitors that just has IT. That same IT that Brees and Brady have. Their live revolves around being the greatest QB in the world. They are obsessive about the film room because the only thing that matters to them is winning - the intangibles are off the charts.

Sure, on the surface, if you take 100 QBs at 6'0 or less, only 1 of them is going to turn out so you can't play the odds on a normal basis. However, if JS and PC were able to identify those special qualities in Wilson that only a few other QBs in history have had...then sure a 3rd round pick is worth the risk for me.
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
highboy


Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 246
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Reid-Assesses-QB-Picture/8ce1b7a9-afc8-4276-b2d1-1e5df0452181

Quote:
When Wilson, the opposite end of the spectrum from Foles size-wise at 5-11, was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks with the 75th overall pick, the decision was taken out their hands and the draft room was happy to have Foles still on the board 13 picks later.


For those that stated we could get Wilson in the 5th or even 4th round, the Eagles would have taken him over Foles according to this and the word around Philly.

So you guys can admit to being wrong about one part so far.


Yeah, my Eagles would have, and as an Eagles fan, I'm pissed as hell you guys drafted him. Vick will be crippled by week 5 and despite what the nay sayers are spinning, Wilson could be a franchise QB. If it weren't for his height, almost every analyst concluded he was a first round talent. I'm with Mayock, the best talent evaluator in the business, when he says the height "issue" is totally overblown. You guys have talked about it ad nauseum it looks like, but unlike most athletic "running" QB out of college this guy doesn't just have athleticism and a big inaccurate arm, this guy is highly intelligent, can read defenses, and can throw short and intermediate throws with timing and accuracy. You don't see that from Newton/Mcnabb/Vick style athletes. He'll find the throwing lanes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd dig this thread up. Some members are going to be eating some serious crow. I love this kid. Already my favorite player...

He's the future, and I believe he will lead us to multiple deep playoff runs (and SBs).
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you guys can see that I actually AM a huge Wilson fan, despite the fact that I've been pulling for Flynn for the past few weeks.

SaveourSonics wrote:
You guys know Portis can hit the practice squad again, right? Laughing


Who knew we'd get so much attention for our 3rd round pick of a backup QB Laughing


Seriously though, I love Russell Wilson. One of the more elite skillsets of any QB in this draft.

You know he's gonna work his butt off as a Seahawk.

_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 487
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
I thought I'd dig this thread up. Some members are going to be eating some serious crow. I love this kid. Already my favorite player...

He's the future, and I believe he will lead us to multiple deep playoff runs (and SBs).


Kind of halarious in a way because SOME die hard Hawk fans that liked the pick back in April now or still have a tone that Flynn should be the starter and some like me are wondering if I had too many eggs in the basket for Flynn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group