Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

169th Pick - Asa Jackson
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty nice site. Somebody has a lot of time (and money probably) invested in it.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
That's a pretty nice site. Somebody has a lot of time (and money probably) invested in it.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Asa Jackson made the site himself. I mean, if I were a small school football player that had dreams of making it to the NFL and I wanted to get my name out there... I'd definitely think about making my own website. You're not going to win the award for most hyped player, so you'd be dependent on enough buzz registering to maybe get your foot in the door. A website would help to spark that buzz. A scout hears the name Asa Jackson, decides he wants to look at him online to see if he has any video available, check his stats... what better way would there by to do some quick research then to visit a site that has all of those things? Your searching would possibly lead you to the site.

The website didn't look too complicated, probably didn't take much to create. Probably just bought the domain name. And then probably chose from a template.. or made a simple website design. The domain was probably the most expensive part... and then the effort had to be immense to put everything together and maintain it with any kind of consistency.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was made by Jackson. Looks like he hired a design company for it. Have to love the ambition he has. Cool
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
There's actually an AsaJackson.com. Who the hell did we draft?

When he intercepts QB's, they thank him for the opportunity to compete.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pick should spell the end of David Reed KR/PR era in Baltimore. I think Asa Jackson come work out since he looks from his videos like a playmaker on special teams for us. Love the emphasis on special teams this year in the draft. Imagine how great our O will be if they didn't have to always start at the 20 yard line. Laughing
nevermore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark ops wrote:
Imagine how great our O will be if they didn't have to always start at the 20 yard line. Laughing

Wait, that's not mandatory?

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
Dark ops

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant that for once they would get a good return and start off with good field position. LOL that is mandatory to start at the 20, but give us a good return and better field position more often than not.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Dark ops wrote:
Imagine how great our O will be if they didn't have to always start at the 20 yard line. Laughing

Wait, that's not mandatory?

Cool Cool Awesome!

@sp6488: Awesome as well!

Asa Jackson is, the NFL's most interesting man!

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Yeah it was made by Jackson. Looks like he hired a design company for it. Have to love the ambition he has. Cool

I agree and that's part of what I wanted to get across above. I LOVE that ambition and that will that he had. Some small school guys would just "hope" but this guy did all he could to get things done and to chase his dream. I think Asa Jackson, while I was disappointed that we couldn't get Keshawn Martin as a returner... I think Asa Jackson could turn out to be another Lardarius Webb type of small school steal. He doesn't have the same athletic tools at his disposal to become as good, but a guy with this kind of will to succeed... it certainly wouldn't surprise me if in a few years after we revisit this draft we're looking at Asa Jackson as one of the best values we got.

Also... I have to say, last draft was better and all, but this draft has been very easy in producing nicknames. I mean Kelechi Osemele = K.O. ... how awesome is that... Touchdown Tommy Streeter = gravy... and now we have Asa Jackson with both "Ace" and "The Most Interesting Man (T-Mim)"... last year we even had to devote countless threads and countless hours trying to develop the nicknames, this year... it's been incredible easy. Time to grave-dig for the nickname thread...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: