Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With 106th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select: Robert Turbin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: With 106th pick, the Seattle Seahawks select: Robert Turbin Reply with quote

Robert Turbin, RB Utah State

5'10, 223 pounds

Quote:
OVERVIEW
Turbin has been a productive back, consistently rushing for over 100 yards per game. Good size. He remains a bit of an unknown, but should excite throughout the pre-draft process with his athletic ability and could go as early as the second round.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Turbin is very athletic. Has the size to be a thumper inside, but moves more like a shifty, quick back. Has very quick feet that he employs to stop and start instantaneously out of the backfield. Has a big frame that gets to full speed fast. A classic downhill runner who can run through linebackers and carry the pile. Was a threat throughout his career in the pass game. Has the speed, athleticism, and durability to wear down an NFL defense for an entire game.

WEAKNESSES The only thing that could keep Turbin off the field for an NFL offense early is his pass blocking. At Utah State, Turbin would whiff on blockers at times. The problem is his technique; he tends to get off balance and blown back into the passer. Cut blocks were an issue for him as well.

Quote:
Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ywX06YgAA

don't see how you don't get excited

Interview with Wagner and Turbin, coincidence Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3BBCZN7izg

discuss

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Last edited by imani on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid pick. Homer in me wanted Polk though.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this pick. I told my dad yesterday, "Hope the Seahawks or Saints pick this guy up, I'd love to cheer for him."

Love it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guy is juiced like thomas jones and plays similar IMO, should be solid for us. Love power backs. Wagner gets his teammate as well

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Shazor4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pick. If Lynch were to get injured, Turbin would have no problem carrying the load while still bringing a physical style something a change of pace back wouldn't have been able to do.

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His biceps are bigger than my house.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this pick. Will be a great backup behind Beast Mode and may even turn into Beast Mode Jr. This team is really starting to look great.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the pick. Both Leon Washington and Justin Forsett are smaller shiftier guys so it's nice to have a bigger back that can be a 4-minute drill guy.

I haven't seen a lot of tape of him - does he catch the ball well? I like his running style from the limited game film I saw on him though - should learn a lot from Lynch and how to run with power.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
imani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ywX06YgAA

don't see how you don't get excited

Interview with Wagner and Turbin, coincidence Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3BBCZN7izg

wwhickok wrote:

Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pissed we missed out on Miller and took Mighty mouse. But Turbin is exactly the type of back we need to back up Lynch. He is a violent runner and will give Bowman, Willis, Laureitus nightmares after they get to meet him officailly.

B+ pick

PS utah state isnt known for developing NFL talent. lets hope seattle knows what they are doing.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
pissed we missed out on Miller and took Mighty mouse. But Turbin is exactly the type of back we need to back up Lynch. He is a violent runner and will give Bowman, Willis, Laureitus nightmares after they get to meet him officailly.

B+ pick

PS utah state isnt known for developing NFL talent. lets hope seattle knows what they are doing.

I know Utah St isn't a football powerhouse I like Turbin's size and speed. Also - why would be want Miller? We already have two small capable backups in Forsett and Washington. Miller but be a little speedier but he's so dreadful in PP and is pretty one-dimensional.

I'm not a big Miller fan - I just think he went to a big school and got alot of ink because of it.
imani

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

B+ pick

I know Utah St isn't a football powerhouse I like Turbin's size and speed. Also - why would be want Miller? We already have two small capable backups in Forsett and Washington. Miller but be a little speedier but he's so dreadful in PP and is pretty one-dimensional.

I'm not a big Miller fan - I just think he went to a big school and got alot of ink because of it.

forsett isn't a seahawk

wwhickok wrote:

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I really love about Turbin is the thing he shares with Marshawn Lynch.

He doesn't go down, you have to make him go down. He fights for every inch when he's carrying the ball and I love that in a back. I think we're really going to wear down defenses on the ground.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

B+ pick

forsett isn't a seahawk

I guess not technically - he's a FA. I dunno - just counting him because he's still on the teams official roster online and i haven't heard anything about him going anywhere else. I guess Miller makes sense but I really don't like him as a liability in pass protection. Just go get Chris Rainey is you want a speedy guy who will get you 2 yards most of the time but 60 yards some of the time.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
The thing I really love about Turbin is the thing he shares with Marshawn Lynch.

He doesn't go down, you have to make him go down. He fights for every inch when he's carrying the ball and I love that in a back. I think we're really going to wear down defenses on the ground.

He also has better hands than Lynch and shows that 2nd gear, that Lynch lacks. Lynch is more powerful and has better drive, but Turbin is quicker and more versatile. Love the pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: