Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chandler Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Chandler Jones Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7429/chandler-jones

Quote:
Both NFL Network's Mike Mayock and Michael Lombardi agreed on Path to the Draft Wednesday night that Syracuse DE Chandler Jones is the best defensive player in the 2012 draft.
"I'm gonna make a statement," said Mayock. "Three years from now, I'm gonna say Chandler Jones is the best defensive player to come out of this draft." Chimed in Lombardi, "I think what Mike Mayock said is right. He is the best defensive player in the draft." Mayock recently bumped Jones to No. 9 overall in his top-100 rankings, and to No. 1 among defensive ends. Lombardi went so far as to suggest Jones could be a top-ten pick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7429/chandler-jones

Quote:
Both NFL Network's Mike Mayock and Michael Lombardi agreed on Path to the Draft Wednesday night that Syracuse DE Chandler Jones is the best defensive player in the 2012 draft.
"I'm gonna make a statement," said Mayock. "Three years from now, I'm gonna say Chandler Jones is the best defensive player to come out of this draft." Chimed in Lombardi, "I think what Mike Mayock said is right. He is the best defensive player in the draft." Mayock recently bumped Jones to No. 9 overall in his top-100 rankings, and to No. 1 among defensive ends. Lombardi went so far as to suggest Jones could be a top-ten pick. Apr 25 - 8:16 PM

Is this our version of JPP?

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPP was a freak athlete...that comparison is SOOO off base

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is hard. But just think that Jon Bones Jones is not his brother. Believe me. You will think differently of him.

garbage
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy comes out of left field right before the draft and is proclaimed to be the best defensive player to come out this year?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
This guy comes out of left field right before the draft and is proclaimed to be the best defensive player to come out this year?

Played at Syracuse, so the recognition and publicity isn't very good.

I've heard the comparisons to Simeon Rice. I don;'t know a bunch on him, but I've seen some tape and anaylsis. People haven't done there homework it seems until now.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

I've heard the comparisons to Simeon Rice. I don;'t know a bunch on him, but I've seen some tape and anaylsis. People haven't done there homework it seems until now.

done my HW and liked him in the 2nd the whole time. This guy isnt the freak that JPP is...Everyone is seeing his brother and hoping he can become the next JPP...But JPP was a player at USF, just not developed. Who knows if he doesnt go to the Giants if he's the player he is today...Alot of people seem to forget that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

done my HW and liked him in the 2nd the whole time. This guy isnt the freak that JPP is...Everyone is seeing his brother and hoping he can become the next JPP...But JPP was a player at USF, just not developed. Who knows if he doesnt go to the Giants if he's the player he is today...Alot of people seem to forget that
Same. To me he is a 2nd-3rd.

garbage
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd-3rd round seems a bit extreme no?

Guess I should of worded it better, I didn't mean to compare him as a player to JPP, more of a situation comparision.

Word is Tampa was looking long and hard at JPP but we were scrade off, maybe to much of a gamble picking that high. Guy was thougth of as a raw rusher. Jones has been a "late" riser sure, given the chance, while it might be slim that Minny doesn go Claiborne, and Browns go Richardson, lots of people have been asking.... what do we do?

It has been stated by some that backer isn't "that" important in our new defensive scheme, dline and the backend guys are going to have more responsability. If that is the case, since Mark loves to follow the successful teams path, do we maybe go a NY route and try and make our dline one of the best in the league?

Again I don't see Minny selecting Claiborne, but with all of the rumors going around Blackmon this, Claiborne that, just thought I would throw this out there that there maybe is a slim chance we go with Jones.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: