Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2012 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 4/25 ***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: *** 2012 NFL Mock Draft - 1 Round - Updated 4/25 *** Reply with quote

Round 1:

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB

The Colts announced this pick is official.

2. Washington Redskins (From St. Louis) - Robert Griffin III, QB

This pick is also a lock.

3. Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil, OT

I think ultimately the Vikings will go with Kalil here.

4. Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson, RB

If the Browns decide to stay with McCoy for one more year, they need to give him playmakers to work with. Drafting Trent Richardson would definitely take some pressure off McCoy.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne, CB

If Claiborne is on the board I think he's the pick. The wonderlic score means nothing.

6. St. Louis Rams (From Washington) - Fletcher Cox, DT

Fletcher Cox's stock is flying right now. The Rams need a DT so they could consider taking him.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Justin Blackmon, WR

The Jags #1 priority this offseason is getting Gabbert some weapons. They do that here with Blackmon. If he's on the board, I think Jacksonville takes him.

8. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill, QB

The Dolphins need a QB. They weren't able to get their hands on any of the FA's or players available for trade. I think they'll take Tannehill here if he's still on the board.

9. Carolina Panthers - Stephon Gilmore, CB

His stock is skyrocketing right now. Before the season he was projecting as a top 20 pick so it's not a complete surprise that he's shooting back up the boards.

10. Buffalo Bills - Michael Floyd, WR

The Bills don't have any WR options besides Stevie Johnson. If Floyd is available I think they may take him.

11. Kansas City Chiefs - David DeCastro, G

The Chiefs need offensive line help. The Chiefs might have their choice of a few players at this pick.

12. Seattle Seahawks - Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB

The Seahawks need help rushing the passer. They could consider addressing that issue with this pick.

13. Arizona Cardinals - Riley Reiff, OT

Offensive tackle is one of their biggest needs. If Reiff makes it to them, I think he's the pick.

14. Dallas Cowboys - Mark Barron, S

The Cowboys might look to upgrade their secondary. Barron will probably be drafted in this range.

15. Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Brockers, DT

The Eagles may be looking to replenish the interior of their defensive line. Brockers could do that for them.

16. New York Jets - Luke Kuechly, LB

The Jets are always looking to reload with defenders even if that means they take someone at a position they don't need as much as other positions.

17. Cincinnati Bengals - Cordy Glenn, G/T

Guard is one of the Bengals' biggest needs since they need two of them. They should probably consider taking Cordy Glenn their first first round pick since he probably won't make it to their second one.

18. San Diego Chargers - Chandler Jones, DE/OLB

The Chargers need help rushing the passer.

19. Chicago Bears - Quinton Coples, DE

I think Coples might fall a bit. The Bears might consider taking him if he makes it to them though.

20. Tennessee Titans - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB

The Titans just lost Cortland Finnegan to the Rams in FA. Plus you can never have too many talented corners.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Stephen Hill, WR

The Bengals just lost Jerome Simpson to FA. Other than AJ Green, they don't have any good receiving options. Since they have two first round picks, they can afford to take a player at a position of lesser need.

22. Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta) - Jonathan Martin, OT

The Browns need help at RT. Martin would pair nicely with Joe Thomas. The Browns also need help at WR, but they may like Martin more than Kendall Wright.

23. Detroit Lions - Dont'a Hightower, LB

The Lions always seem to surprise on draft day. They never take players based on their needs, instead they sit at their pick and take the BPA. They could do that again this year.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Amini Silatolu, G/T

I've had Dont'a Hightower here for months. But in this mock, he's not available. The Steelers need help on the offensive line. Silatolu has flown into the first round.

25. Denver Broncos - Kendall Wright, WR

The Broncos need to provide Peyton with receiving options other than Thomas.

26. Houston Texans - Alshon Jeffery, WR

The Texans have literally no other good receiving options than Andre Johnson. This was apparent when Johnson was out for all those games. If they want to help Arian Foster by taking some pressure off the running game, they will need to get another WR.

27. New England Patriots (From New Orleans) - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB

The Patriots need help on defense. They have to address the defensive side of the ball in this draft.

28. Green Bay Packers - Shea McClellin, DE/OLB

The Packers don't have too many needs but they could use a rush linebacker to play opposite of Clay Matthews.

29. Baltimore Ravens - Peter Konz, C

I think the Ravens will take Peter Konz if he's available.

30. San Francisco 49ers - Coby Fleener, TE

The 49ers don't have a lot of needs so they can afford to take a luxury pick like Fleener.

31. New England Patriots - Harrison Smith, S

The Patriots never do what anyone expects them to do. Most likely they'll trade this pick to a team looking to jump up to grab someone at the end of round 1 for a first rounder next year. If they stay here they could and should take a defensive player. Their defense was atrocious last year.

32. New York Giants - Doug Martin, RB

The Giants usually just stay at their pick and take the best player available to them. That might be Martin in this case.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
zacapr22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like Glenn in this draft anymore and Hill isn't worth that high of a pick to me. Give us Coples and Wright/Martin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zacapr22 wrote:
Don't like Glenn in this draft anymore and Hill isn't worth that high of a pick to me. Give us Coples and Wright/Martin.

You don't think Hill is worth #21 but you think Wright is? And Coples worthy of #17? I'd beg to differ.

Best scenario would be Kirkpatrick and Hill there, though this is a very unideal board for us. Coples will not be the pick, and I can all but garauntee we won't take Glenn at #17.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PERFECT

Adopt a JAGUAR

Laurent Robinson-

Marcedes Lewis-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: