Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DRD's Last Mock Before the Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: DRD's Last Mock Before the Draft Reply with quote

1. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
If there is one thing that the Browns with Heckert have proven, itís that they are completely unpredictable. Trent Richardson could very well go to Cleveland, but I think that the Browns are going to surprise people and go with Justin Blackmon. Maybe itís because I want Richardson in Tampa. I donít knowÖ

TRADE: With Mike Adams still on the board, and the Browns picking directly behind us the Bills decide to move up and secure their LT of the future. Demetress Bell left for the Eagles and the Bills donít have an heir apparent. To move up the Bills trade the 41st overall pick along with the 124th overall pick.

2. Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
Boykin may not have ideal size, but heís scrappy. His fills hard in run support (17.5 TFLs over the last 2 seasons) and heís a great athlete. One of Schianoís biggest sticking points is winning the turnover battle and forcing turnovers. Boykin has a knack for big plays. His ability to return kickoffs is a nice plus as well.

3. Mike Martin, DT, Michigan
Let me explain myself here before you guys kill me for this pick. We have been dominated in the run game over the last 3 years. Brian Price at this point may be damaged goods, Roy Miller has been terrible over these last two seasons (and he is on the last year of his deal), and McCoy/Okoye canít play NT. After really thinking about it, I have changed my tune. As much as it pains me to say it, we need to address the DT position. Mike Martin is a relentless bowling ball that you can plug into the middle of your defense and get results in the run game. He never stops moving, and as a 1-gap NT in this scheme I think that he can do some great things.

4. Markelle Martin, FS, Oklahoma State
Tanard Jacksonís release may have been needed in order for Schiano to make a statement to the guys in the locker room, but in the short run we have a serious need at safety. Martin has battled through some injuries over his career, but when he has been healthy he has been a difference maker.

5. Miles Burris, LB, San Diego State
I really like Miles Burrisí game. He can blitz, heís aggressive at the LOS and he is a ridiculous athlete. Playing in SDSUís 3-3-5 defense he was moved all over the place and he made a ton of plays. The WLB position is completely wide open. Burris should be able to compete for the starting job.

6. Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincinnati
K2ís knees arenít going to hold up that much longer and Luke Stocker has shown very little thus far. Long-term, the TE position is a concern. Adrien Robinson is definitely raw, but he is an exceptional athlete that can create some serious match-up issues down the field.

7. Ryan Davis, DE, Bethune Cookman
I donít expect this pick to be popular either. Despite our investments in the DE position in recent years we havenít seen much return. Ryan Davis is a local kid that broke out this past season in a big way. I like his potential, and given our limited depth at the position he could carve out a role as a sub-package DE.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
BBando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Martin and Miles Burris are both really underrated. Especially Martin. I really like him. I don't really know much about the last two kids though. Good job.

garbage

Last edited by BBando on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
96BucsBallin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the DT pick, but just not this year. Too many other holes on the team. We have McCoy, who I am officially calling a bust, and Price who is decent. Okoye/Miller are just backups at this point, although I would love to see Okoye develop into a starter by the end of the year.
Here comes the greatest comeback in Monday night football history. The beginning of the beginning.
Its Thursday
#itsabucslife
KGBauer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we got Miles Burris...
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway that we end up with Trent Richardson in this draft im fine with. Instant all pro, time to stop settling for good players that fall....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRD,

I like your confidence that Cleveland will pull something stupid and pass on Richardson.

However, I don't like BRandon Boykin that early. To me, I didn't see a very good CB and think he's just being a fast riser during the off-season due to workouts.

I'm glad you agree and me and you on the same page for a DT early. Price and Miller aren't what they were expected to be and Price and Okoye are solid guys as a 3rd man rotation.

In round 2, give me Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington. He's a beast and space eater next to McCoy that will help shore up the run game.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DRD,

I like your confidence that Cleveland will pull something stupid and pass on Richardson.

However, I don't like BRandon Boykin that early. To me, I didn't see a very good CB and think he's just being a fast riser during the off-season due to workouts.

I'm glad you agree and me and you on the same page for a DT early. Price and Miller aren't what they were expected to be and Price and Okoye are solid guys as a 3rd man rotation.

In round 2, give me Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington. He's a beast and space eater next to McCoy that will help shore up the run game.

Not sure what you mean. Boykin got injured during the Senior Bowl and as a result he was unable to participate during the combine. He wasn't able to help himself with workouts.

Boykin is surely not a late riser. He considered going pro last year, but he didn't get the grade he wanted from the advisory committee so he came back for his senior year. He has been on the radar for a while.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Boykin, wouldn't mind getting him in the 2nd. You're right about DT
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good draft. I just don't think Tampa is that bold enough to not address the LB position within the first 3 picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: