You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Seattle aiming to be a passing team or a running team?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Is Seattle aiming to be a passing team or a running team? Reply with quote

Seattle has made some interesting moves over the last few months. The signed Shaun Alexander to the richest RB contract ever, but also lost Steve Hutchinson.

They then used a 3rd round pick to get Nate Burleson from Minnesota.

Just a few weeks ago they sent a first for Branch. And if they haven't already, they will sign him longterm.

So now with 4 very productive receivers and a great runningback, what do you think is the future of this offense? It will be very dynamic for the next few seasons, but are there enough balls to get everyone there fair share?
basketguy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll see some bellyaching about who should or shouldn't get x amount of passes thrown to them. It's human nature to get one's nose out of joint when someone else arrives in the same position, but I feel that will pass in time and all things will work out.
As far as where we're headed?.....I wouldn't be surprised to see some offensive lineman(linemEn) ligned in the off season. Rounding out the team to win. I hope it's a trend at the Hawks HQ>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also expect the Hawks to get some offensive lineman, during the offseason. We miss Hutchinson.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are aiming to be more of a passing team for the time being. We've got guard issues at LG where Hutch was...everyone can see that. Not just that, but with the receivers we have now, teams aren't going to be able to cover every one of them on every play...someone will be open. Once shaun is back and Spencer becomes more comfortable at LG youll see more running...also getting Stevens back will add that extra dimension...and when hes in we are able to run and pass. Stevens coming back will change a lot i think...in a good way...get back to our old way more.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
BigBen7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But thinking about it having Branch, Jackson and Burleson all on the field at the same time will open up holes in the Defense as the threat of D-Jack and co on the field as the same time is quite big and I certainly wouldn't put 8 in the box with thise 3 guys on the field.

But I think the Seahwaks really need to find a guy that can come close to the production of Hutchinson.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Receiving core that the Seahawks have, combined with Shaun Alexander when he comes back from his injury, they have the potential to be the most BALANCED team in the NFL. Defenses will be in a situation where they have to pick their poison against this team. And after the Cardinals exposed a chink in the Bear's armor, that has to make 'Hawks fans feel pretty good about their chances once the playoffs roll around.

RIP Sean Taylor
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think is happening in Seattle is that Holmgren realized he can't use the running game to set up the passing game any more. Without Steve Hutchinson they haven't been nearly as effective running the ball. Therefore, if they pass first, that should keep players out of the box and allow them easier running since they no longer have Steve Hutchinson.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly...as of now we are easily using the passing game to set up the run

seahawks magic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now we're more of a passing team with Alexander out. We need you Shaun.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses Seahawks fans. I just found it really wierd that a year after Shaun won the MVP, and after the gave him a huge contract, they go out and sign Nate Burleson for a bunch of money and give away a 3rd, and then they trade a 1st for Dieon and sign him longterm.

Seattle might have to start restructuring contracts soon, because thats is a lot of money invested in 3 players.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well just to understand, burlesons contract (altho you see 7 year, 49 mill), its really a 4 year, 14.5 mill deal that will be restructed after those 4 years.

and since all the cap is gonna do is go up, i dont think we'll have to worry about restructuring too much.

#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passing team this week boys

Seattle Times: "The Seahawks used the shotgun formation in Sunday's game, the first in which they have tried it with Matt Hasselbeck at quarterback. Holmgren said Hasselbeck has the freedom to use the formation."

they are letting hass go for it

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2003313416_hawknotes20.html
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya...gives him more time to get away from that interior pressure.

im off to the game...go hawks!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: