Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Alshon Jeffery's deep speed underrated?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
B_wolf84


Joined: 17 Apr 2008
Posts: 1466
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always felt he was the best receiver in the draft, I think lack of any constancy at QB throwing to him. If Garcia didnt go crazy and played to his potential coming out of HS I think Alshon would be rated a lot higher then he is. He probably just wanted to get out of USCe as soon as possible.
_________________
FB: b.wolf84, PSN: b-wolf84
Its good to be a Florida Gator!!!
Go Pack Go!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 25014
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alshon Jeffery is going to be a steal for a team in round 2. He should be one of the first players selected on Friday night. I would be ecstatic if he fell to the Panthers second round pick.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12982
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Cut on the tape, poor separation...


Actually, not at all true but your opinion on him probably comes from a few youtube clips.


Judging his speed on the football field in full pads from youtube clips against defensive backs that will never play a down in the NFL is more in tune with reality than making a thread based upon his speed in the underwear olympics. Laughing I'll be here waiting for you in reality when you get back.

How about NO. This post has so much fail. How about we judge him from game breakdowns on youtube where he's shredding the likes of an Alabama secondary that will be producing two 1st round picks...

Alshon Jeffery has deceptive speed and I've been saying it all along, I'm glad jrry32 and his Jeffery man crush were able to coincide and produce this incredible evidence.

Now in the end, it's probably more important to have incredible burst, simply because burst = initial separation and your OL having to block for less time, but there is no doubt that Jeffery is a intermediate/deep threat and he would be perfect in a vertical offensive system that allows him to capitalize on those strengths as a prospect.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32410
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Alshon Jeffery is going to be a steal for a team in round 2. He should be one of the first players selected on Friday night. I would be ecstatic if he fell to the Panthers second round pick.


I couldn't agree more with you buddy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12982
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Alshon Jeffery is going to be a steal for a team in round 2. He should be one of the first players selected on Friday night. I would be ecstatic if he fell to the Panthers second round pick.


I couldn't agree more with you buddy.

Newton to Jeffery and Smith, Lafell in the slot?! Shocked

Is that even possible? The space/time continuum could be disturbed on some level.. somehow.. this needs to not happen for the universe's sake. This is 2012...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Cut on the tape, poor separation...


Actually, not at all true but your opinion on him probably comes from a few youtube clips.


Judging his speed on the football field in full pads from youtube clips against defensive backs that will never play a down in the NFL is more in tune with reality than making a thread based upon his speed in the underwear olympics. Laughing I'll be here waiting for you in reality when you get back.

How about NO. This post has so much fail. How about we judge him from game breakdowns on youtube where he's shredding the likes of an Alabama secondary that will be producing two 1st round picks...

Alshon Jeffery has deceptive speed and I've been saying it all along, I'm glad jrry32 and his Jeffery man crush were able to coincide and produce this incredible evidence.

Now in the end, it's probably more important to have incredible burst, simply because burst = initial separation and your OL having to block for less time, but there is no doubt that Jeffery is a intermediate/deep threat and he would be perfect in a vertical offensive system that allows him to capitalize on those strengths as a prospect.


What's your ultimate point? So you are just another person that believes that Alshon Jeffery is an NFL deep threat that will get separation. Why did you have to quote my post from several days ago? Why couldn't you just be WRONG in your assessment without quoting me? Just be wrong on your own. I'm not banking on Alshon keeping the weight off, and it seems the rest of the NFL decision makers feel the same way because there is no buzz about Alshon being a 1st round pick right now. So this is a thread about hyping a non first round pick back to his pre 2011 season status which excluded the beer belly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
onejayhawk


Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Posts: 5693
Location: Waco, Tx
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am seriously considering for Chicago at #19.

Comments?

J
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12982
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Cut on the tape, poor separation...


Actually, not at all true but your opinion on him probably comes from a few youtube clips.


Judging his speed on the football field in full pads from youtube clips against defensive backs that will never play a down in the NFL is more in tune with reality than making a thread based upon his speed in the underwear olympics. Laughing I'll be here waiting for you in reality when you get back.

How about NO. This post has so much fail. How about we judge him from game breakdowns on youtube where he's shredding the likes of an Alabama secondary that will be producing two 1st round picks...

Alshon Jeffery has deceptive speed and I've been saying it all along, I'm glad jrry32 and his Jeffery man crush were able to coincide and produce this incredible evidence.

Now in the end, it's probably more important to have incredible burst, simply because burst = initial separation and your OL having to block for less time, but there is no doubt that Jeffery is a intermediate/deep threat and he would be perfect in a vertical offensive system that allows him to capitalize on those strengths as a prospect.


What's your ultimate point? So you are just another person that believes that Alshon Jeffery is an NFL deep threat that will get separation. Why did you have to quote my post from several days ago? Why couldn't you just be WRONG in your assessment without quoting me? Just be wrong on your own. I'm not banking on Alshon keeping the weight off, and it seems the rest of the NFL decision makers feel the same way because there is no buzz about Alshon being a 1st round pick right now. So this is a thread about hyping a non first round pick back to his pre 2011 season status which excluded the beer belly.

How about I break this down for you.
1. You state Jeffery you judge Jeffery by youtube clips.
2. You state that in said clips, the corners he lines up against won't play an NFL down.

3. I state, he went up against Alabama secondary producing 2-3 first rounders.

Therefore your point about him torching corners without NFL talent is made irrelevant. This is what one refers to in internet vernacular as "FAILING" or possessing "FAIL". Which your post possessed.

Also to your above point about pre-beer guy and pre-junior year... he shredded Alfonso Dennard for over 100 yds in a little over a half of play against Nebraska... he was named his team's most valuable player... for just a little over a half's play. This happened in some bowl game during his junior season... can you please explain to me this one? Because last time I checked, "during" usually follows after "pre"... or is this some sort of logical fallacy on my part?... perhaps your analysis was simply wrong.

Also using NFL talent evaluators as proof of reasoning means incredibly little in the grand scheme of things. Tom Brady went where again? How about we keep this strictly on deep threat receivers... I can't remember for the life of me where Mike Wallace went (was it the 3rd), I think Antonio Brown went late in the draft (had to be the 6th), and that Torrey Smith fellow didn't go in the 1st round (2nd round, I think) either, right?

Only if the best players were always drafted in the 1st and there were never a such thing as a top round bust would your point hold any merit. Draft steals happen for a reason....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16795
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
What's your ultimate point? So you are just another person that believes that Alshon Jeffery is an NFL deep threat that will get separation. Why did you have to quote my post from several days ago? Why couldn't you just be WRONG in your assessment without quoting me? Just be wrong on your own. I'm not banking on Alshon keeping the weight off, and it seems the rest of the NFL decision makers feel the same way because there is no buzz about Alshon being a 1st round pick right now. So this is a thread about hyping a non first round pick back to his pre 2011 season status which excluded the beer belly.


If a team was interested in Jeffery in the first wouldn't they want to keep the buzz down? Confused
_________________
Hokie wrote:
Yall remember that one time Burifict made a tackle and didn't have to leave the game? Good times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
What's your ultimate point? So you are just another person that believes that Alshon Jeffery is an NFL deep threat that will get separation. Why did you have to quote my post from several days ago? Why couldn't you just be WRONG in your assessment without quoting me? Just be wrong on your own. I'm not banking on Alshon keeping the weight off, and it seems the rest of the NFL decision makers feel the same way because there is no buzz about Alshon being a 1st round pick right now. So this is a thread about hyping a non first round pick back to his pre 2011 season status which excluded the beer belly.


If a team was interested in Jeffery in the first wouldn't they want to keep the buzz down? Confused


That's flawed because the same thing could be said about a prospect that's widely considered to be a 7th round pick. Since that "7th round pick" is receiving no 1st round buzz then he stands a good chance of being selected in the 1st round because teams are so quiet about their desire to draft him in the 1st round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Cut on the tape, poor separation...


Actually, not at all true but your opinion on him probably comes from a few youtube clips.


Judging his speed on the football field in full pads from youtube clips against defensive backs that will never play a down in the NFL is more in tune with reality than making a thread based upon his speed in the underwear olympics. Laughing I'll be here waiting for you in reality when you get back.

How about NO. This post has so much fail. How about we judge him from game breakdowns on youtube where he's shredding the likes of an Alabama secondary that will be producing two 1st round picks...

Alshon Jeffery has deceptive speed and I've been saying it all along, I'm glad jrry32 and his Jeffery man crush were able to coincide and produce this incredible evidence.

Now in the end, it's probably more important to have incredible burst, simply because burst = initial separation and your OL having to block for less time, but there is no doubt that Jeffery is a intermediate/deep threat and he would be perfect in a vertical offensive system that allows him to capitalize on those strengths as a prospect.


What's your ultimate point? So you are just another person that believes that Alshon Jeffery is an NFL deep threat that will get separation. Why did you have to quote my post from several days ago? Why couldn't you just be WRONG in your assessment without quoting me? Just be wrong on your own. I'm not banking on Alshon keeping the weight off, and it seems the rest of the NFL decision makers feel the same way because there is no buzz about Alshon being a 1st round pick right now. So this is a thread about hyping a non first round pick back to his pre 2011 season status which excluded the beer belly.

How about I break this down for you.
1. You state Jeffery you judge Jeffery by youtube clips.
2. You state that in said clips, the corners he lines up against won't play an NFL down.

3. I state, he went up against Alabama secondary producing 2-3 first rounders.

Therefore your point about him torching corners without NFL talent is made irrelevant. This is what one refers to in internet vernacular as "FAILING" or possessing "FAIL". Which your post possessed.

Also to your above point about pre-beer guy and pre-junior year... he shredded Alfonso Dennard for over 100 yds in a little over a half of play against Nebraska... he was named his team's most valuable player... for just a little over a half's play. This happened in some bowl game during his junior season... can you please explain to me this one? Because last time I checked, "during" usually follows after "pre"... or is this some sort of logical fallacy on my part?... perhaps your analysis was simply wrong.

Also using NFL talent evaluators as proof of reasoning means incredibly little in the grand scheme of things. Tom Brady went where again? How about we keep this strictly on deep threat receivers... I can't remember for the life of me where Mike Wallace went (was it the 3rd), I think Antonio Brown went late in the draft (had to be the 6th), and that Torrey Smith fellow didn't go in the 1st round (2nd round, I think) either, right?

Only if the best players were always drafted in the 1st and there were never a such thing as a top round bust would your point hold any merit. Draft steals happen for a reason....


What's your obsession with youtube clips? You act as if ENTIRE GAMES are not available online.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 2644
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Cut on the tape, poor separation...


Actually, not at all true but your opinion on him probably comes from a few youtube clips.



You probably do the same thing Laughing


If memory serves me right, jrry goes to the South Carolina football games.


I remember jrry32 berating my pick of South Carolina DB Chris Culliver in the 3rd or 4th round of FFMDII last year. Gave it something like a D-.

Early days, but it seems I got you there bud!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RedGreenShow


Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1674
Location: Nati
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the most important thing for Jeffery is to stay in perfect shape. If he can sign a contract that demands he plays at around 215-220, i think he is going to be a beast. The kid can flat out play. He's got the "IT" factor to his game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22870
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Cut on the tape, poor separation...


Actually, not at all true but your opinion on him probably comes from a few youtube clips.


Judging his speed on the football field in full pads from youtube clips against defensive backs that will never play a down in the NFL is more in tune with reality than making a thread based upon his speed in the underwear olympics. Laughing I'll be here waiting for you in reality when you get back.

How about NO. This post has so much fail. How about we judge him from game breakdowns on youtube where he's shredding the likes of an Alabama secondary that will be producing two 1st round picks...

Alshon Jeffery has deceptive speed and I've been saying it all along, I'm glad jrry32 and his Jeffery man crush were able to coincide and produce this incredible evidence.

Now in the end, it's probably more important to have incredible burst, simply because burst = initial separation and your OL having to block for less time, but there is no doubt that Jeffery is a intermediate/deep threat and he would be perfect in a vertical offensive system that allows him to capitalize on those strengths as a prospect.


What's your ultimate point? So you are just another person that believes that Alshon Jeffery is an NFL deep threat that will get separation. Why did you have to quote my post from several days ago? Why couldn't you just be WRONG in your assessment without quoting me? Just be wrong on your own. I'm not banking on Alshon keeping the weight off, and it seems the rest of the NFL decision makers feel the same way because there is no buzz about Alshon being a 1st round pick right now. So this is a thread about hyping a non first round pick back to his pre 2011 season status which excluded the beer belly.

How about I break this down for you.
1. You state Jeffery you judge Jeffery by youtube clips.
2. You state that in said clips, the corners he lines up against won't play an NFL down.

3. I state, he went up against Alabama secondary producing 2-3 first rounders.

Therefore your point about him torching corners without NFL talent is made irrelevant. This is what one refers to in internet vernacular as "FAILING" or possessing "FAIL". Which your post possessed.

Also to your above point about pre-beer guy and pre-junior year... he shredded Alfonso Dennard for over 100 yds in a little over a half of play against Nebraska... he was named his team's most valuable player... for just a little over a half's play. This happened in some bowl game during his junior season... can you please explain to me this one? Because last time I checked, "during" usually follows after "pre"... or is this some sort of logical fallacy on my part?... perhaps your analysis was simply wrong.

Also using NFL talent evaluators as proof of reasoning means incredibly little in the grand scheme of things. Tom Brady went where again? How about we keep this strictly on deep threat receivers... I can't remember for the life of me where Mike Wallace went (was it the 3rd), I think Antonio Brown went late in the draft (had to be the 6th), and that Torrey Smith fellow didn't go in the 1st round (2nd round, I think) either, right?

Only if the best players were always drafted in the 1st and there were never a such thing as a top round bust would your point hold any merit. Draft steals happen for a reason....


What's your obsession with youtube clips? You act as if ENTIRE GAMES are not available online.


Are you going to address any other piece of his post? Or just hang onto the youtube clip part and ignore his actual argument?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47609
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Cut on the tape, poor separation...


Actually, not at all true but your opinion on him probably comes from a few youtube clips.



You probably do the same thing Laughing


If memory serves me right, jrry goes to the South Carolina football games.


I remember jrry32 berating my pick of South Carolina DB Chris Culliver in the 3rd or 4th round of FFMDII last year. Gave it something like a D-.

Early days, but it seems I got you there bud!


I don't see how you got him there. I go to nearly every home game. I saw Culliver many times. He was complete garbage in college especially his final year at SC. Any SC fan will tell you that. 49ers did a great job coaching him up because Culliver was getting torched often last year.

That all said, I won't be a bit surprised if Culliver starts getting torched again if SF plays him outside on a regular basis.

I also gave Melvin Ingram a bad grade this year because I don't think he's as great of a prospect as he's hyped up to be. I could be wrong or I could be right. I guess we'll see.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group