Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects: Bucs Showing Interest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PR says don't slept on Quintin Coples:

Quote:
The first of which is that he was recruited by and played for Butch Davis, who is now Tampa Bay’s defensive consultant. Davis knows Coples intimately and could be talking him up at One Buccaneer Place the way Raheem Morris talked up quarterback Josh Freeman, who he saw firsthand every day at Kansas State in 2006.

Second, Coples was awfully productive at North Carolina. He had 24 sacks, 40.5 tackles for loss, 144 tackles, five forced fumbles and four pass breakups in his college career. He had 10 sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss inside at defensive tackle in 2010, and then had 7.5 sacks and 15 tackles for loss as a defensive end last year.

And finally, at 6-foot-6, 284 pounds, Coples can play multiple positions along the defensive line. The physical freak turned heads by running a 4.78 in the 40-yard dash at the combine and his experience at both tackle and end make him a very versatile and valuable defensive lineman.
speak, I for one would love the move
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://twitter.com/ChrisLum12/status/191159153388027905

Quote:
On the plane to Tampa for my last workout to showcase myself... #excited!

The runner-up for the Walter Payton Award this past season, Chris Lum put together the best single season for a QB in Lehigh's history. Playing out of the spread he completed 65.9% of his passes for 4,378 yards and 32 TDs. He's not the biggest guy, but he's mobile in the pocket and he's accurate with the football. We are only two deep at the QB position with Josh Johnson and Rudy Carpenter gone. We could be looking for a QB to develop on the practice squad.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

Quote:
The first of which is that he was recruited by and played for Butch Davis, who is now Tampa Bay’s defensive consultant. Davis knows Coples intimately and could be talking him up at One Buccaneer Place the way Raheem Morris talked up quarterback Josh Freeman, who he saw firsthand every day at Kansas State in 2006.

Second, Coples was awfully productive at North Carolina. He had 24 sacks, 40.5 tackles for loss, 144 tackles, five forced fumbles and four pass breakups in his college career. He had 10 sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss inside at defensive tackle in 2010, and then had 7.5 sacks and 15 tackles for loss as a defensive end last year.

And finally, at 6-foot-6, 284 pounds, Coples can play multiple positions along the defensive line. The physical freak turned heads by running a 4.78 in the 40-yard dash at the combine and his experience at both tackle and end make him a very versatile and valuable defensive lineman.

We're gonna draft Mohammed Sanu too, right?

Coples isn't elite, nor is he at a position of need. Only way we take him is if we trade down, and even then he probably wouldn't be the first choice.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Quote:

Coples isn't elite, nor is he at a position of need. Only way we take him is if we trade down, and even then he probably wouldn't be the first choice.

So how isn't a pass rushing DE not a position of need when we were 2nd to last in sacks? Charm me with that one
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Quote:

So how isn't a pass rushing DE not a position of need when we were 2nd to last in sacks? Charm me with that one

Spending your last 5 top picks on the defensive line is absolutely stupid, and bad business. Clayborn looks like a stud, and Bowers really looked good when they finally started playing him at the end of the year. Plus, the book on Coples is awfully familiar...amazing physical tools, bad work ethic and no desire. No thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Quote:

We're also really bad at almost everything else at this point and we already have spent picks on the DL. Charm me on how picking defensive lineman with our 1st rounder every year is supposed to improve our whole team.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT is more of a need than people think, but DE I'm sure we're set. It'd be stupid to invest 3 HIGH picks in 2 years on DEs, especially since Clayborne and Bowers [played very well for us last year and we have Bennett, who was very good on his own as well.

DT I can see us going after early. Last year, that position was still garbage. When McCoy went down, so did the rest of the line. Price and Miller weren't very good. They were owned by opposing interior O-lines, dominated. The Addition of Okoye helps and brings in another rotation, but we don't have that big body DT.

All I'm saying is, if Claiborne and Richardson are off the board, don't be surprised if we move down and take Brockers, Poe, or another DT.

Or don't be surprised if we invest a 2nd or 3rd round pick in one either.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCoy will play all 16 games this year.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

Willing to make a bet on that?
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DT is more of a need than people think, but DE I'm sure we're set. It'd be stupid to invest 3 HIGH picks in 2 years on DEs, especially since Clayborne and Bowers [played very well for us last year and we have Bennett, who was very good on his own as well.

DT I can see us going after early. Last year, that position was still garbage. When McCoy went down, so did the rest of the line. Price and Miller weren't very good. They were owned by opposing interior O-lines, dominated. The Addition of Okoye helps and brings in another rotation, but we don't have that big body DT.

All I'm saying is, if Claiborne and Richardson are off the board, don't be surprised if we move down and take Brockers, Poe, or another DT.

Or don't be surprised if we invest a 2nd or 3rd round pick in one either.

If we move down and take Poe I'd be really, really angry.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

You do realize he won't have another bicep tear, right?

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

You do realize he missed 3 weeks with a high ankle sprain as well last yera right?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

You do realize he missed 3 weeks with a high ankle sprain as well last yera right?

Yup. I'm not worried about his health. What landed him on IR the last two years will never happen again.I believe he will play all 16 games, which means a lot to our defense.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Yup. I'm not worried about his health. What landed him on IR the last two years will never happen again.I believe he will play all 16 games, which means a lot to our defense.

NEVER SAY NEVER Wink .

They didn't say it couldn't happen again, but after tearing the biceps once, it's rare that they could tear again.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's doing everything he can to make his body sustainable throughout the season... if you haven't watched his offseason workout video, do it. He puts almost as many, if not more hours in the gym than most of us put in at work or school.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: