Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers re-sign TE Randy McMichael

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Chargers re-sign TE Randy McMichael Reply with quote

Quote:
Looks like I'm going back to Diego. #bolt up

http://twitter.com/randymac81/status/181112781737701378

Despite been a back-up to Antonio Gates, McMichael caught 50 passes 492 yards and 2 TDs over the past two seasons as Gates missed some time with injuries.

McMichael, once a Pro-Bowl level TE, will continue to provide insurance for the Chargers.

Tom Brady Tribute
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not glamorous at all, but still a good move. Now it's time to go get a guy to groom.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
lakeroy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Not glamorous at all, but still a good move. Now it's time to go get a guy to groom.
I think Ladarius Green in the 4th round would be a good guy to groom behind Mcmichael and Gates
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so happy with this signing. Gaither was my #1 and McMichael was my #2. I'd really like to see both Gates and McMichael on the field at the same time so we can force teams to play man on us. Let Meachem run the 9 meanwhile we impose our will with Mathews and McClain.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A signing that I think most expected, and another really good one in my opinion. He will likely still be used a lot as a blocker, but he can still provide a good target when he is asked to.

I think Garay is next, and then maybe another guy or 2 will wrap up one of the busiest free agencies I can remember for the Chargers.
The-Beast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I am so happy with this signing. Gaither was my #1 and McMichael was my #2. I'd really like to see both Gates and McMichael on the field at the same time so we can force teams to play man on us. Let Meachem run the 9 meanwhile we impose our will with Mathews and McClain.
McMichael couldn't force coverage if his life depended on it. There's absolutely no reason for your opinion to be so high of him. In fact Sperry felt like more of a threat.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMichael caught 30 balls last year and is significant in the run game. I'm ecstatic to have him back. 30 balls from a backup te is amazing production.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
The-Beast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 balls a game for a starter is impressive to you? Anyone can be the backside dump off, and most can do it with more speed and better blocking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: