Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just put on Our Website About Howard

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gatorboy


Joined: 07 Mar 2005
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Just put on Our Website About Howard Reply with quote

Just wanted to let the Saints Fans who haden't heard that a trade is heating up greatly with my beloved Cowboys. Saints send Howard and a third round pick for Our 2nd 1st rd pick, #20. What do you think??
_________________
Here come my Boys and my Gators
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armyscout


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 291
Location: Ft Polk, LA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again .... we hear from Dallas on a trade rumor that is completely one sided.
Why do you think we will give up the best Defensive player on our team and argueably of the team and a # 3 Draft pick to get a late first round draft pick.
Please come out of your hazey bubble and breathe some oxygen.
I'll tell you what? I will not laugh hysterically at this smoke screen, if you can tell me someone that Dallas can draft at #20 who can start and produce numbers like 50 tackles and 10-12 sacks.
Oh yeah.... and why would we cave in and give away Howard for virtuallly nothing 1 day before the draft when we have said NO to all the other nonsense offers from the Cowboys front office.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boys


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armyscout wrote:
Once again .... we hear from Dallas on a trade rumor that is completely one sided.
Why do you think we will give up the best Defensive player on our team and argueably of the team and a # 3 Draft pick to get a late first round draft pick.
Please come out of your hazey bubble and breathe some oxygen.
I'll tell you what? I will not laugh hysterically at this smoke screen, if you can tell me someone that Dallas can draft at #20 who can start and produce numbers like 50 tackles and 10-12 sacks.
Oh yeah.... and why would we cave in and give away Howard for virtuallly nothing 1 day before the draft when we have said NO to all the other nonsense offers from the Cowboys front office.


Your the one who is in the haze. Saints have zero offers only speculation and if you keep him are going to take a significant hit with your cap. He's 29 years old and is asking for big money. The reaction of the other teams speaks volumes. Now I suggest you put aside your personal feelings and think business.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bnthall


Joined: 03 Mar 2005
Posts: 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before we all become offended by the offer, let's rationally consider the pro's. Yes, on the surface the Cowboys gain quantity however I beg to differ on quality. I personally grade this draft as a good 2 1/2 rounder with the real value appearing in the middle of the first thru late-to-early third. With that said, the Saints can, ineffect, make the trade and trade the pick for a lower 1st or high 2nd plus add'l picks; maybe even parlay it into a future 1st. Also, this is their best chance to get an elite LB (Burnet, Crowder), DT Castillo, or QB (Campbell, Adrian Peterson, Ogligriskey) to groom behind Brooks. Whatever the case, the trade can unintentionally turn into a homerun for the home team.

Without question, Howard alone is worth a high 2nd, but if you want to become a contender deals like this is 'the price of admission'. Plus this coerces the Saint's scouts to get in 'right' in a hurry or get out quick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boys


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnthall wrote:
Before we all become offended by the offer, let's rationally consider the pro's. Yes, on the surface the Cowboys gain quantity however I beg to differ on quality. I personally grade this draft as a good 2 1/2 rounder with the real value appearing in the middle of the first thru late-to-early third. With that said, the Saints can, ineffect, make the trade and trade the pick for a lower 1st or high 2nd plus add'l picks; maybe even parlay it into a future 1st. Also, this is their best chance to get an elite LB (Burnet, Crowder), DT Castillo, or QB (Campbell, Adrian Peterson, Ogligriskey) to groom behind Brooks. Whatever the case, the trade can unintentionally turn into a homerun for the home team.

Without question, Howard alone is worth a high 2nd, but if you want to become a contender deals like this is 'the price of admission'. Plus this coerces the Saint's scouts to get in 'right' in a hurry or get out quick.


Good points and I think it is in the best interest of the participating teams to get it done so they know who to draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armyscout


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 291
Location: Ft Polk, LA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you think that Dallas is the only offer? and that is why we have to give Howard away for nothing?

I am not gonna argue w/ that kind of blindness. Dallas is the only team in the NFL w/ a need for a great DE. please!!!

The only legitimate argument, which is not even an argument b/c we have the cap room, is that he will cost to much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LSUSAINT


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 10319
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Saints send Howard and a third round pick for Our 2nd 1st rd pick, #20. What do you think??


There are rumors about the Redskins trading their newly aquired #25 pick for Howard, straight up. There have alos been rumors of the Eagles trading theird first round pick. I know its hard to fathom but the Cowoys arent the only team in the trade talks. Don't expect the Saints to fall to the feet of the Cowboys organization and beg them to take Howard!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boys


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armyscout wrote:
So you think that Dallas is the only offer? and that is why we have to give Howard away for nothing?

I am not gonna argue w/ that kind of blindness. Dallas is the only team in the NFL w/ a need for a great DE. please!!!

The only legitimate argument, which is not even an argument b/c we have the cap room, is that he will cost to much.


Dallas never offered anything for Howard it is pure speculation. Dallas would never trade a 1st rounder away. Yes we need a DE but we have two 1st rounders to take care of that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boys


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSUSAINT wrote:
Quote:
Saints send Howard and a third round pick for Our 2nd 1st rd pick, #20. What do you think??


There are rumors about the Redskins trading their newly aquired #25 pick for Howard, straight up. There have alos been rumors of the Eagles trading theird first round pick. I know its hard to fathom but the Cowoys arent the only team in the trade talks. Don't expect the Saints to fall to the feet of the Cowboys organization and beg them to take Howard!


Dallas never contacted the Saints jnor made an offer so how in the world are we going to rip you guys off. The deal is dead and will never happen.

Take a look at the talent that has been traded recently. There have been plenty of Pro Bowl players and not one of them has earned a 1st round pick. Howard will be a Saint next year or you will bend some team over but I assure you it will not be the Dallas Cowboys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammymvpknight


Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Posts: 3399
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heck no!!!

it is either howard for your second 1st rounder...or your 2nd rounder and DAT. that is the deal...take it or leave it. There are plenty of teams out there that like Howard...so you can take that offer and shove it up your ......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babby


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 85
Location: arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a cowboy fan i will give you a 2nd for howard, and i would give you dat too. but no first round pick for howard. PERIOD.
_________________
i love the cowboys with a passion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group