Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Colts 5 round mock...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: My Colts 5 round mock... Reply with quote

Only mocking 5 rounds because frankly I don't know enough about the later round guys to make a decent choice in the 6th and 7th rounds. I have given alternates to each pick.

1) Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 'nuff said.
plan b: It's still Andrew Luck. RGIII may be plan C.

2) Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia - This may seem like a reach, but Irvin is a great fit here. He isn't just a workout warrior- his speed and change of direction translates to the field. His natural pass rushing instincts are the best I've seen out of any of the 3-4 pass rushers this year, and he was misused at West Virginia with his hand on the ground. Strong work ethic and desire to keep improving after working his way up the hard way- Pagano will love this kid, and so will we after a year of seasoning. I think we're a perfect fit for him.

Alternates: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford or Mychal Kendricks, ILB, Cal

3) Mike Martin, NT, Michigan - There are two brands of effective NT's- behemoths, and the undersized masters of leverage. Martin falls into the latter camp, and has the wrestling accomplishments to prove it. Martin could bring consistency and excellent all-around athleticism to the position and would likely work best in a rotation to prevent him from getting worn down. I think the third round is the right spot for him.

Alternates: Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama or BPA out of the remaining corners.

4) Orson Charles, TE, Georgia - Charles playing his college ball for a team called the bulldogs couldn't be more appropriate. A tenacious blocker, good athlete, and a classic H-back/TE kind of player. Luck loves to utilize players like that and our run game could use him, too. His DUI means there's a good chance Charles slips to us here.

Alternates: Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas or WR Devon Wylie, Fresno State

5) Derek Wolfe, DE, Cincinatti - Wolfe projects to the 5 tech we'll need for the 3-4 and really put it all together his senior year after a disappointing junior campaign. The measurables and production are there, and the film backs it up. He could well be gone in the third, but there is a chance he falls here.

plan b: Draft Wolfe if he's there in the fourth, address WR/KR situation here with Adams or Wylie.

Last edited by The Cryptkeeper on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My Colts 5 round mock... Reply with quote

Looks good. Can't say much since I don't really know the prospects this year but we need a CB badly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My Colts 5 round mock... Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Looks good. Can't say much since I don't really know the prospects this year but we need a CB badly.

Yeah we do, unfortunately its tough for me to assess them well enough to know who's good outside of the obvious ones like Claiborne. I have an easier time with the front 7, which works well this year since we could use more talent on all three levels of D.

The main player I want (outside of Luck) is Irvin...I think with Pagano's pedigree we can develop him into a star.

The rest is just missing pieces I know we'll need as we transition to the 3-4. And it's high time we got a return game that was less than horrible so that's why I'm thinking Adams or Wylie would be a good mid-round option. Laughing
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a 6th rounder!

reckless123 wrote:
I would love to see this go back and forth but its unlike Harden to get defensive.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
We have a 6th rounder!

You're right, my bad. I forgot we only swapped 6th rounders with Philly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: