You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the Season

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qball8001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Rest of the Season Reply with quote

Predictions?
Who Starts?

I say we go 2-9 for the rest of the season with a miracle win against the cards, and against the Bills, just because I want to beat the Bills more then any other team this year. Maybe we beat the Fins at home on thanksgiving?

But I see DanO in soon. Franchise QB.
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know what to think about this time right now. Today was a perfect example of how inconsistent they've been. They played a great first half, and then just fell apart the second half. The run blocking was terrible. When the pass blocking was good, the receivers couldn't get open downfield. When they were open downfield, the pass blocking was bad. I think the playcalling was terrible in the second half by Martz, especially on the second to last drive. Everyone knew the Vikings were blitzing hard but he never called a play that allowed Kitna to get rid of the ball after at most 3 steps. And what's with all the injuries all of a sudden? It seems like someone was being helped off the field every other play today. I can't seem to figure out why I sit down every Sunday and watch terrible performance after terrible performance only to get excited every off season and then see the same crap the next season...
Oades88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Our offence showed how bad we can stuggle without Roy in the line up. I know loosing Woody was huge too, but Roy has that speed, and size. I think when VERBA comes back, if he ever comes back, We'll be much better. Our D looked Decent today, well good enough to give us a win, when our O plays as it should/can.

I still think we can win atlease 5 games this season, but who really knows..
qball8001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you seeing 5 games?

We stopped the pass by not allowing 300 yards again, but then again we gave up 154 yards to the running back... We are just too incomplete
Oades88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure when the wins will come.... maybe i am a little too optamistic. 5 just seemed do-able , but I guess we should have also won a few games by now.. so i suppose 5 is a bit of a stretch.
Lions16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll go 3-13 with win against SF, Dolphins, and (suprise) ATLANTA!!!- yes thats right im calling it!!!... we'll also have the 3rd pick in the draft behind oakland and Tennessee
LionsRoar17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Rest of the Season Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
But I see DanO in soon. Franchise QB.

Lions fans dont really agree on Dan very much...Some people think he's going to be the franchise QB, some just think he'll be a backup...I really think he'll be the Franchise, along with QBall...He defenetly is mentally the QB you want. He has a great arm, and he's working under Mike Martz...But I still say you shouldnt count out Josh McCown.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are 0-8 throw Dan O in and let the rest of the season just ride.
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:

Won't happen. Marinelli is too keyed up on teaching them the right way and not giving up. If he gives up on the season, so will the rest of the team.

And the QB position is not the problem. The fact that the Lions have three offensive linemen on the disabled list is a problem. The fact that the Lions haven't drafted a quality cornerback in the past 10 years (really, even in my lifetime) is a problem. The fact that the linebackers are both injured and not fitting into the system is a problem. Kitna isn't perfect, but he's not killing the team, either.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laimbrane wrote:
qball8001 wrote:

Won't happen. Marinelli is too keyed up on teaching them the right way and not giving up. If he gives up on the season, so will the rest of the team.

And the QB position is not the problem. The fact that the Lions have three offensive linemen on the disabled list is a problem. The fact that the Lions haven't drafted a quality cornerback in the past 10 years (really, even in my lifetime) is a problem. The fact that the linebackers are both injured and not fitting into the system is a problem. Kitna isn't perfect, but he's not killing the team, either.

I agree with everything you said, and if you look at Orlovsky's stats as a Lion, that dosen't lead you to believe that he can be our savior.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oades88 wrote:
I still think we can win atlease 5 games this season, but who really knows..

So basically, you think this team can "turn on the switch" and go 5-6...

Sorry, It's just a difference of opinions. I just don't know where you are coming from on that one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just throwing this in cause i saw a few posts about playing Dan O instead of Kitan.

Why play Dan O.? What is wrong with McCown. He is the better QB by far, and has 4 years experience prior to this season. He is only 26 years old, its not like we are going with a guy with no future! The ONLY reason there was a competition for 2nd string QB in training camp was becasue McCown couldn't get the offence, but now he does, so there is no question Josh is the better guy for the job now and the future. (That is IF Kitna gets benched)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: