Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign CB Perrish Cox
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XsA MainEvent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: 49ers sign CB Perrish Cox Reply with quote

via Maiocco Twitter

RT @JosinaAnderson Source: Former Broncos CB Perrish Cox has signed a 2-year deal with the 49ers.

goodbye Carlos Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers sign CB Perrish Cox Reply with quote

XsA MainEvent wrote:
via Maiocco Twitter

RT @JosinaAnderson Source: Former Broncos CB Perrish Cox has signed a 2-year deal with the 49ers.

goodbye Carlos Sad

Looking that way. Wasn't he just on trial for sexual assault? Or am I thinking of someone else?

mike23md doin work on the sig!! ^^
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roto stating it is a 2 yr deal... interesting. Definitely gonna have some competition at the #3 or #4 spot... depending on Rogers.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football/?rw=1

___
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers sign CB Perrish Cox Reply with quote

RedNGoldinSoCal wrote:

Looking that way. Wasn't he just on trial for sexual assault? Or am I thinking of someone else?

roto

Quote:
Free agent CB Perrish Cox was acquitted on charges of sexual assault in a Douglas County court on Friday.

Cox could have faced two years to life if found guilty of raping a drunk woman and impregnating her. Instead, the 25-year-old cornerback was found not guilty for lack of evidence. According to the Denver Post's Mike Klis, "at least one team" has interest in Cox, a first- or second-round talent who fell to the fifth round of the 2010 draft due to previous off-field woes. Mar 2 - 2:00 PM

___
RedNGoldinSoCal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 49ers sign CB Perrish Cox Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
RedNGoldinSoCal wrote:

roto

Quote:
Free agent CB Perrish Cox was acquitted on charges of sexual assault in a Douglas County court on Friday.

Cox could have faced two years to life if found guilty of raping a drunk woman and impregnating her. Instead, the 25-year-old cornerback was found not guilty for lack of evidence. According to the Denver Post's Mike Klis, "at least one team" has interest in Cox, a first- or second-round talent who fell to the fifth round of the 2010 draft due to previous off-field woes. Mar 2 - 2:00 PM

There seems to be a trend of us buying low on character issue guys...not sure I like it. Only a matter of time till this blows up on us... Shame on you

mike23md doin work on the sig!! ^^
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This signing doesn't sit well with me...at all. Cox had a history before he ever left Stillwater. I'm hoping they have allowed for that in the contract and have a way out if he has not mended his ways... Confused
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't necessarily mean we don't re-sign Rogers as we still need depth even with him. Maybe the organization doesn't feel confident with Brock being the 4th CB? Who knows, but the Rams are interested in Rogers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there was no chance we'd even look into this guy. It has to be a low-risk contract, with his public image being so low.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand some disapproval over the character issued signings... but neither will we be putting that much reliance upon. We will still has receiving options and secondary options. No worries...

___
rudyZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
This doesn't necessarily mean we don't re-sign Rogers as we still need depth even with him. Maybe the organization doesn't feel confident with Brock being the 4th CB? Who knows, but the Rams are interested in Rogers.

Yeah, I think he's in to battle with Brock, and he's likely to be an early cut, in my opinion. It doesn't impact Rogers in any significant way, I think.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
49ers4life52

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Cox had the potential to be a good corner in the NFL. He has all the tools but needs to keep his head straight and if not show him the door.

^Kempes^
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be surprised to hear this but you guys are going to get a steal, IF he keeps his head on straight. Thats a big IF though. While in Denver, he made an instant impact. Perrish was a stud his rookie year stepping in for an injured Champ Bailey and even supplanted veteran Andre Goodman at the end of the year in the starting role opposite Champ.

Hes a very technical man-to-man cover CB, is physically gifted, and is a real playmaker. The one thing always holding him back, when in Denver, was his $.10 head. IF he can someone figure it out and focus on football this kid can be a VERY GOOD player in this league.

Overall, this is a good fit. Hes changing scenery and moving to a team with a lot of veteran players that can show him how hes supposed to conduct himself. Hopefully after these rape charges he'll be able to grow up a little and start to play football. Hes got all the talent in the world to play as a starting CB in the league, now its just up to him to put it together.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
You may be surprised to hear this but you guys are going to get a steal, IF he keeps his head on straight. Thats a big IF though. While in Denver, he made an instant impact. Perrish was a stud his rookie year stepping in for an injured Champ Bailey and even supplanted veteran Andre Goodman at the end of the year in the starting role opposite Champ.

Hes a very technical man-to-man cover CB, is physically gifted, and is a real playmaker. The one thing always holding him back, when in Denver, was his $.10 head. IF he can someone figure it out and focus on football this kid can be a VERY GOOD player in this league.

Overall, this is a good fit. Hes changing scenery and moving to a team with a lot of veteran players that can show him how hes supposed to conduct himself. Hopefully after these rape charges he'll be able to grow up a little and start to play football. Hes got all the talent in the world to play as a starting CB in the league, now its just up to him to put it together.

Thanks for your insight. I remember Niners fans wanting this kid in draft... 2nd or 3rd rd even at one point. Supposed to be a good K/P return option also, if I recall correctly. We'll see if he makes the final 53... if not, no big deal. Gotta trust that Baalke did his homework and really feels that Perrish has matured and can be of use.

___
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“We are pleased to add Perrish to our team,” 49ers general manager Trent Baalke in a statement. “As an organization, from ownership on down, we have done our due diligence and are confident that Perrish will be a positive contributor to the 49ers, as well as our community.”

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-sign-CB-Cox-to-two-year-deal?blockID=668850&feedID=5936

___
49ers_52

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really liked him coming out of college but the guy needs to get his priority's straight. We have the staff to do that. Not sure if money was released but should be a good deal. I'm happy... some info on him

Guy had a ton of talent coming out of Oklahoma State but went in round 5 because of his off the field issues. In 3 years, 6 ints, 21 passes broken up, 2155 kick return yards with a 25.1 average, 4 tds with a long of 96, 98, 90 and on punt returns (2 years) he had 1 td 496 yards with a 12.1 average and long of 63 and 67. One year he was 3rd in the nation in kick return average at 29.83.

As for the nfl:
http://www.nfl.com/player/perrishcox/494265/careerstats

Looks like his return (kick and punt) yardage wasn't great but only had 12 returns total. Had 58 tackles, 14 passes defensed, and 1 int. Think he only played 2010 and was cut before 2011 (says due to football reasons but I doubt that).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: