Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm not a Colts fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Concrete Roy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: I'm not a Colts fan Reply with quote

I'm not a Colts fan but I would luv to see you guys replace Edgerrin James with Cedric Benson. I think that he would be a good fit in the Colts system.
andersong0857

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont get your hopes up on Colts.com Bill Polian said that edgerrin james is not going to be trade in the NFL draft unless pretty much a miracle happens and somebody offers him a huge deal. OH well I guess it looks like the Colts are going to be stuck with probably a huge contract with the Edge and they myswell just go sign a bunch of high school players because that is all they are going to be able to afford. Hey I not biased at all I am a diehard Miami Hurrican fan and if and I mean IF I could afford a runningback I would want the EDGE on my team but the Colts can't.

Sure now go ahead everybody go ahead and argue with me and tell me that the Colts are 8 million under the cap right now and go ahead and tell me we will be fine. Ok maybe we'll be fine THIS YEAR. what about next year when players like Dwight Freeney and such have there contracts up what are they going to do then? Come on now we have been saying for the start that the Colts cant afford the EDGE and when I read the news that Bill Polian is going to keep him I was defintely pretty down.

Ok My last and final hope that I guess I would be fine with is if the Colts just keep the EDGE for this year only and dont sign him long-term and trade him next offseason then maybe they can make one more run to the SuperBowl with the EDGE before they let him go next year. Again thats all I got to hope for now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
inkwell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they were not going to get any kind of value for trading Edge this year so they pretty much had to keep him. They CAN afford him, they arent going to sign a bunch of free agents but they resign their own and can sign their draft picks. They now have a year to find a replacement, maybe in this very draft. If they get a final deal on their stadium in Indy, they will sign Edge to a long term deal which lowers his cap hit. If not, he might even be released next year. Take a look at how high this team drafts a RB in this draft for a clue.
bigred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the words but frankly Benson would have been a horrible fit for our team. Can't catch and questionable attitude......about the most un-Colt-like RB we could take.

I'm glad EJ will be around at least one more year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: