Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFL Thread (Peyton leaning DEN)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23959
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Around the NFL Thread (Peyton leaning DEN) Reply with quote



Ok, so a lot of other forums have these, and they are useful so the rest of the forums dont get cluttered with big news.

I guess this would be the place to discuss where your beloved Peyton ends up....

Here's all the info on the Peyton - Broncos meeting

GO!

Other News;

Redskins get HIGH, and trade their future for RGIII

For some insane reason the Jets EXTEND Sanchez

Broncos LB and two other suspended
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him


Last edited by ianlewis16 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23959
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously, WHAT are the JETS thinking. they not have eyes?
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4139
Location: []_[]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
seriously, WHAT are the JETS thinking. they not have eyes?


That was my immediate reaction when I heard the news on ESPN. Dumb move.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23591
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez has looked good at times, he looked pretty good against the Colts in the playoffs 2 years ago. Unfortunately we won't be back there for a little bit.

Last night after hearing about the Rams/Redskins trade I posted this on Facebook

me wrote:
Thank You Washington Redskins!!!! The pressure on Andrew Luck will be non-existent compared to what Robert Griffin III will have to face. Three first round picks and a second? Good Lord.


Watching this Six Nations Rugby match between Wales and Italy, I'm seeing better tackling then the NFL. Too bad I have no clue whats going on in this match. I see some similarities between American Football and Rugby especially when you consider the NFL prior to the inclusion of the forward pass.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23959
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ there are some basic similarities there. the tackling in rubgy is much better as it is solely based around the process of getting someone to the ground, rather than looking for a big hit
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23959
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning stayed overnight in Denver, Archie flew in today.

It's looking real people
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4139
Location: []_[]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Manning stayed overnight in Denver, Archie flew in today.

It's looking real people


Eh, it doesn't mean too much. Logically, it doesn't make sense to only visit two places when he had 3 places in mind to travel to. Even if he liked Denver A LOT, he should still make a visit to I think ARI? was the other place just to evaluate it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stallyns


Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Posts: 23591
Location: 414
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was meeting with Elway, and Fox for almost 6 hours and didn't get done until nearly 7:15 PM (9:15PM EST) so staying overnight isn't really a big deal. Plus Tom Condon wasn't in Denver with him.
_________________
Colts draft picks:
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23959
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
He was meeting with Elway, and Fox for almost 6 hours and didn't get done until nearly 7:15 PM (9:15PM EST) so staying overnight isn't really a big deal. Plus Tom Condon wasn't in Denver with him.


off to Arizona now, i really didn't think he'd leave Denver. maybe he is going to do the full rounds after all
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 8258
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
^^ there are some basic similarities there. the tackling in rubgy is much better as it is solely based around the process of getting someone to the ground, rather than looking for a big hit


Is the tackling better...........or are the ball carriers much more willing to go down, considering there is just a continous possession, not 4 downs.
Not to mention the continuous action makes everyone more tired, which would lead to making guys easier to tackle once you get to them.
_________________
2014 draft prediction:

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23959
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
^^ there are some basic similarities there. the tackling in rubgy is much better as it is solely based around the process of getting someone to the ground, rather than looking for a big hit


Is the tackling better...........or are the ball carriers much more willing to go down, considering there is just a continous possession, not 4 downs.
Not to mention the continuous action makes everyone more tired, which would lead to making guys easier to tackle once you get to them.


very good points, its definitely a combination of both. i think they spend a much larger proportion of their time learning to tackle than football players do still
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23959
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast M0de wrote:
Quote:
Vic Lombardi of CBS 4 Denver reports that the Broncos are now "95 percent sure" they will sign free agent Peyton Manning after he reached out to the team late Sunday night.



http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229454/report-95-chance-broncos-sign-manning

_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4139
Location: []_[]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
Beast M0de wrote:
Quote:
Vic Lombardi of CBS 4 Denver reports that the Broncos are now "95 percent sure" they will sign free agent Peyton Manning after he reached out to the team late Sunday night.



http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229454/report-95-chance-broncos-sign-
manning


God I hope not. I hate Denver.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ianlewis16


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 23959
Location: Proud Eagles Forum First Ballot HOF Member
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
Beast M0de wrote:
Quote:
Vic Lombardi of CBS 4 Denver reports that the Broncos are now "95 percent sure" they will sign free agent Peyton Manning after he reached out to the team late Sunday night.



http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229454/report-95-chance-broncos-sign-
manning


God I hope not. I hate Denver.


i find the whole thing really odd. it just seems like all three of the other teams would be a better fit. eh, what do i know
_________________
Kempes wrote:
There's Eastern Time, there's Greenwich Mean Time and then there's ianlewis time.

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4139
Location: []_[]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:
ianlewis16 wrote:
Beast M0de wrote:
Quote:
Vic Lombardi of CBS 4 Denver reports that the Broncos are now "95 percent sure" they will sign free agent Peyton Manning after he reached out to the team late Sunday night.



http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229454/report-95-chance-broncos-sign-
manning


God I hope not. I hate Denver.


i find the whole thing really odd. it just seems like all three of the other teams would be a better fit. eh, what do i know


Yeah, if I were Manning, even if a team wasn't pursuing me, I'd still try to reach out to them. I honestly would want Manning to go to SF or KC.....I think they're the best fits in general.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group