Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Prospects for the Ravens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mic79e

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Draft Prospects for the Ravens Reply with quote

This is a list of the prospects that I would most like to see the Ravens draft, and the stages in the draft I think they would be worth us taking them from.

Mike Williams WR USC (early 1st >>)
-- Hands, size and athletic ability should eventually make him a dominant player at the next level. One of the rare wide receiver prospects that is worth risking a high round draft pick on.

Antrel Rolle CB Miami (mid 1st >>)
-- He has an aggressive complete game for a cornerback and would give us three top cover guys. He’s definitely a corner but he could also play free safety if we wanted him to. If he falls out of the top ten he’d be worth trading up for.

Derrick Johnson OLB Texas (mid 1st >>)
-- If he fell to the middle of the first round, which he shouldn’t, I would have no problem with us moving up to draft him. He would make a great Raven’s Linebacker.

Marcus Spears LSU E (mid 1st >>)
-- Complete defensive end that could develop into a dominate player.

Carlos Rogers CB Auburn (1st 22nd >>)
-- He needs to improve his run support but he has excellent size, speed and coverage skills, and if he slipped to the 22nd pick then he would almost have to be the best player available. Rogers will become one of the top man-to-man coverage cornerbacks at the pro level.

Marlin Jackson CB/FS Michigan (late 1st >>)
-- Aggressive player who seems to be a better cornerback than free safety, but he still has potential to play that position as well. Like Antrel Rolle he would fit the mold of a Raven’s defender.

Brandon Browner CB/FS Oregon State (early 2nd >>)
-- Could fill two of our biggest needs, as either a corner in our nickel package, or competition for Will Demps to be the starting free safety.

Elton Brown G/RT Virginia (2nd 53rd >>)
-- Ideal size, strength, quickness and mobility, and would be very close to the best player available if he’s still there at the 53rd pick.

David Baas G/C Michigan (2nd 53rd >>)
-- Versatile and consistent interior lineman with the right attitude for the position. Like Brown, he would also be close to the best player available if he were still on the board at 53.

Eric Shelton RB Louisville (2nd 53rd >>)
-- Strong running back would be a nice fit in the Raven’s system.

Jeremy Parquet OT Southern Miss. (late 2nd >>)
-- Excellent Blend of size and athleticism. Good feet, long arms and a smart player who graduated early. Parquet would be a great pick for Baltimore because he is an experienced right tackle who also has the skills to play on the left-side in the pros. Parquet has as much potential as Alex Barron.

James Butler FS Georgia Tech (early 3rd >>)
-- Butler is a complete free safety (very good against both the run and the pass) who is also very smart and a hard worker. He would be a perfect fit alongside Ed Reed.

Jerome Mathis WR Hampton (early 3rd >>)
-- Complete wide receiver prospect, should be a second round pick but if he fell into the third he would be worth moving up for.

Courtney Roby WR Indiana (early 3rd >>)
-- Incredible speed like Mathis, but Roby has better hands. Unfortunately, also like Mathis, everyone knows about him after the combine. If he somehow lasts past the second round he would be good value for us.

Ray Willis RT Florida State (3rd 84th >>)
-- High Character, great run blocker, solid in pass protection and the perfect successor to Zeus. He would be a steal in the 4th, but is worth a higher pick if need be.

Darrell Shropshire DT South Carolina (3rd 84th >>)
-- Although only beginning to rise lately, after an impressive combine, Shropshire has already shown that he is a very good football player while at South Carolina. Will be effective against the run straight away, and would be a great pick for Baltimore.

Richie Incognito C Ex-Nebraska (3rd 84th >>)
-- Another favorite of mine who moved himself into the eyes of the mainstream and up draft boards with his workout at the combine. Classic Boom or bust prospect, he has all the skills and mindset to be one of the best centers in the game, but could just as easily end up in Jail. He is worth a 3rd round pick, but would be much better value in the 4th or 5th, because of the risk that comes with him.

Jamaal Brimmer S UNLV (3rd 84th >>)
-- He might not be a top prospect based on his works outs, but he is definitely one of the better football players in the draft. He can do everything on the field and has great instincts. Most people undervalued Ed Reed for the same reasons.

Adam Seward LB UNLV (3rd 84th >>)
-- Intense player, and will always give it everything he’s got. More of a factor against the run, a little like a young Randall Godfrey.

Chris McKenzie CB Arizona State (4th 124th >>)
-- Lightning speed, excellent strength and a physical style makes McKenzie one of the better cornerback prospects.

Karl Paymah CB Washington State (4th 124th >>)
-- Well rounded prospect who, at an absolute worst, should become a solid nickel cornerback, but could turn into much more.

Steve Subia G New Mexico State (7th 213th >>)
-- Massive prospect who I think could fit Edwin Mulitalo’s role in our offence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be happy with plenty of other selections, especially where prospects fall to certain positions (eg. if Jammal Brown fell to 22), these are just guys that I would really like to see us draft.

Of these players there are four that I really hope we get. They are FS James Butler, RT Ray Willis, DT Darrell Shropshire and CB Chris McKenzie, and all would fill needs for Baltimore.

Feel free to comment, or list prospects you’d like to see the Ravens draft.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i spent about 30 min creating a detailed list with explanations and for some reason my comp. screwed up and i lost it all so il just post the names.

Prospects i would want us to draft(i will not post the same ones as mic79e).

Cornerback:
Justin Miller, Clemson
Eric Green, Virginia Tech
Dustin Fox, Ohio State
Stanley Wilson, Stanford
Alphonso Hodge, Miami (OH)

Linebacker:
Barrett Ruud, Nebreska
Michael Boley, Southern Miss
Daryll Blackstock, Virginia
DeMarcus Ware, Troy
Alfred Fincher, UConn
Boomer Grigsby, Illionios State
Zac Woodfin, UAB

Defensive End:
Erasmus James, Wisconsin
David Pollack, Georgia
Matt Roth, Iowa
Bill Swancutt, Oregon State

Offensive Tackles:
Jamal Brown, Oklahoma
Pete McMahon, Iowa
Adam Snyder, Oregon
Doug Nienhuis, Oregon State

Guards:
Evan Mathis, Alabama
Dan Buenning, Wisconsin
Claude Terrell, New Mexico

Centers:
Chris Spencer, Ole Miss
Jason Brown, North Carolina
Scott Mruscowski, Bowling Green

Like is said thats an abriviated list.
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito is awesome. He is a frickin bulldozer. He broke the freshman record for most pancake blocks in a season with a 135 which was a big deal when they were a running team. He really isn't a risk to go to jail unless he's at the bar because liqour and him don't mix. But he is a rough neck that don't take $H!T from anyone thats why he always llocks horns with DLs. I also love Ruud, Washington and Bullocks, they're the last of the Blackshirt breed from NU and will be awesome in the NFL.
mic79e

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incognito is a risk, but I'd love us to draft him. He has more talent and ability than recent prospects like LeCharles Bentley and Jeff Faine, and if you could keep him clean and focused, then he would definitely be one of the best.

raven5255 wrote:
i will not post the same ones as mic79e

Post any double-ups... I'm interested to know which prospects people like as well.

And also any favorite's of mine that people don't like.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in addition to the list i already posted:
Chris McKenzie, however i think he might go a little later then the 4th round.
Richie Incognito
Ray Willis
Jeremy Parquet, altough i think he is more of a mid/late 3rd prospect
David Baas
Brandon Browner
Carlos Rogers
Marcus Spears
Derrick Johnson
Antrelle Rolle
Shawne Merriman
Mike Williams

I will post a refined list of who i would want us the draft in each round once we get closer to draft day.
mic79e

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really liking Jeremy Parquet. His feet, smarts, size and athletic ability give him all the tools to be a great offensive tackle.

I still love Ray Willis as our future RT, and I really hope we draft one of these two guys. It would set us up at one tackle spot, and give us a young guy who can take over from our oldest starter (Zeus).
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? No Chris Komeatu? As i posted in the Centers thread in NFL Draft forum, Komeatu is a big, strong, nasty Tongan who is also Maake's brother. He is a smashmouth guard built for the power running game - sounds like a perfect fit

I seriously think you should take him

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we took Chris Kemoeatu then I'd have no problem with it.

To re-cap, the players I really hope we end up with are:

Ray Willis RT Florida State
James Butler FS Geogia Tech
Chris McKenzie CB Arizona State; and
Darrell Shropshire DT South Carolina

plus any one of the top cornerbacks. My top 3 choices are:

1. Antrel Rolle (Miami)
2. Carlos Rogers (Auburn)
3. Marlin Jackson (Michigan)

Jackson is the most likely of those three, but if we get any of them I'll be ecstatic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: