Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cornerbacks in the draft for the Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea your definetly right. With Dyson and Law still available in FA and Surtain and Woodson on the trading block its defeintly a possibility.
mic79e

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saints, Cardinals and Redskins are all in the hunt for corners as well.

But you're right... never say never.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe in the Baltimore Sun a couple days ago Newsome said that if he saw what he felt was a top player falling into the middle of the draft that he would go up and get him if he tought it was worth it. The Sun then went on to mention only Mike Williams and Pacman Jones which i found interesting.
mic79e

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little surprised about Adam Jones being mentioned (not saying he isn't great, just didn't realize that theyd like him enough to move up), but Williams, Ive had a feeling since January that we might go get him. If he gets past the Titans then I think wed give it a lot of thought, even though it would take quite a bit to move into the top ten. I just think Ozzie would love to add a young guy for Boller with that much natural ability. Mike Williams and Clarence Moore could be scary for the future, and throw in Derrick Mason, wow!!
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im only a proponent of Jones at 20+. Im not sure we should lose picks for a guy who, if things go as planned, will only be a nickel for us and couldnt provide competition at FS. I would love to get him though
mic79e

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie Newsome on taking a CB in the first round wrote:
"You shouldn't be surprised if we decide to go that route," Newsome said. "To have a No. 1 pick at corner, and he can only play special teams for the first six games, then all of a sudden, one of our guys gets dinged up. Guess what? Our No. 1 pick is starting for us. That could be a good thing."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.1ravensside21apr21,1,3259824.story?coll=bal-sports-football&ctrack=1&cset=true

Amen!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: