Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sergio Kindle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Excessive8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Sergio Kindle Reply with quote

Hey guys I was just wondering how my Longhorn Sergio Kindle is doing after his rookie season injury and DUI incident. I haven't heard much about him and was wondering what the Ravens thoughts have been on his future...

(btw don't tell anyone but the Ravens have always been my 2nd favorite team... shhhhh Shhh )

^Thanks To LOTO.Tailback For this DIRTY SIG^

Adopt-A-Bill:
Aaron Williams- 32 Tackles 5 PDs 1 FF 1 INT
Scott Chandler- 38 Rec 389 Yds 6 TDs
Bravensfan52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That injury might have done more damage than we thought he might never be what he was a UT it hard for him to remember the play book,he's now deaf in one ear, and still has a slight inner ear issue.

I want him to be great but it seems like everything is working against him. I can't call him a bust due to a freak accident that could have happen to anyone. But i can seem him never being the play we drafted ever again.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravensfan52 wrote:
That injury might have done more damage than we thought he might never be what he was a UT it hard for him to remember the play book,he's now deaf in one ear, and still has a slight inner ear issue.

I want him to be great but it seems like everything is working against him. I can't call him a bust due to a freak accident that could have happen to anyone. But i can seem him never being the play we drafted ever again.

I'm fairly certain both of those statements are wrong. He lost some hearing in one ear, not all of it, and there hasn't been anything said about him having trouble with the playbook or any kind of memory issues.
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Bravensfan52 wrote:

I'm fairly certain both of those statements are wrong. He lost some hearing in one ear, not all of it, and there hasn't been anything said about him having trouble with the playbook or any kind of memory issues.

You're right that he has some hearing, but he has said that he has trouble hearing with a helmet on.

As for the second point, he did have trouble remembering the playbook such that Ted Monachino had to spend extra time with him and come up with a different method of teaching the playbook so that Sergio could remember it, but I don't know if that (digesting a playbook) was a problem before the injury or not.

Both things are addressed in this blog post on the Ravens official site:
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/01/26/kindle-catching-up-mentally/

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
DanFS#7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we disregard the hearing loss and the inner ear issue (something he just use as an excuse to explain why he can't walk straight and seem drunk because his balance is [inappropriate/removed] Smile )

He looked promising in pre season, but whoav do I think he sucked when he saw playing time. He had 1 decent play and the rest just looked bad. He just leaned into linemen or was blocked away hard. I might be a little tough on him, but thats what comes with being a second round pick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he may need another year of work, but I think the OTAs and TC will do him a LOT of good. We must remember that the guy hasn't had a real off-season yet in his NFL career with losing one due to injury and the other due to the lockout.

I think he actually surprises a lot of people this year because his natural ability to rush the passer is something we've missed. I could see him being a spot pass rusher this year much the same way we used Kruger last year. Remember, before last season, we all said somewhat similar things about Paul Kruger as well and now most of us want him as a starter.

Just my 2 cents.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
Nucky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

If I were Ozzie I'd continue as if Kindle isn't there.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
If I were Ozzie I'd continue as if Kindle isn't there.

It seems as though he already is. I think most in the organization think anything that Kindle can offer is just a bonus, but they're not relying on him.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

outkasts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindle will be on the field this year.He will have more sacks than T.sizzle !
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outkasts wrote:
Kindle will be on the field this year.He will have more sacks than T.sizzle !

Who scheduled us to play the Chicago Bears practice squad for 16 games?!

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from a chat today on the Ravens website:

Quote:
Kevin Byrne:
Sergio has not had an offseason with us, and he needs that. He's one we hope will benefit greatly from being in this building beginning next month.

I guess I knew that but it never fully sunk in.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
This is from a chat today on the Ravens website:

Quote:
Kevin Byrne:
Sergio has not had an offseason with us, and he needs that. He's one we hope will benefit greatly from being in this building beginning next month.

I guess I knew that but it never fully sunk in.

Yep. He missed all of his off-season and regular season stuff in 2010 and last year didn't have an off-season so he was learning on the fly in practices in very limited reps.

He's still very much in development.

outkasts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double k,kindle & kruger will get it done Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: