Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What I'd like to happen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbLiege_95

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: What I'd like to happen Reply with quote

Only a couple days left so here's what I think

*Green Bay trades #24 to the Eagles for #31 and #77

#31 Barrett Ruud-LB- I don't think the Packers need to move Barnett, but I think Ruud is the best LB after Johnson because of his size, speed, character, and instincts. Some others may have slightly better intangibles and could be better down the road but Ruud will help immediately.

#51 Brandon Browner-S- With the additions of Freeman and Little, safety is no longer the #1 priority. However, neither are long term solutions and I believe that Browner has the size and speed to be a great safety. Also, as a converted cornerback, his coverage skills would make him excellent for Bates' defense.

#58 Justin Tuck-DE- Personally, I would rather have Matt Roth but I think he will be gone and Tuck is still a good pick. He and KGB could eventually form a pass rushing combo close to what Bates had in Miami with Taylor and Ogunleye.

#77 Evan Mathis-G- Most of the guards in the draft are big, slow guys but the Packers Offense needs quicker guys to pull out to run block. Mathis has great athletic ability for his size and would be a good pick to replace Wahle.

#89 Ronald Bartell-CB- In the NFL today, you can never have enough cover men. Bartell is from a smaller school and would need a little more time to adjust but has very good size and speed and could develop into a good corner.

#125 James Grigsby-LB- Packers haven't had very good depth at LB recently and Grigsby could immidiately improve that. He also comes from a smaller school but I think he has the size and speed to play all three positions and could eventually challenge for a starting job.

#143 Dante Ridgeway-WR- We need a better #4 receiver than Chatman. He did alright when we also had all our top three but when he was forced to play because of an injury, he didn't get it done. Ridgeway has good enough size, speed, and hands to be a good #4 this year and later move up the depth chart.

#180 Jim Leonard-S- I'm a Wisconsin fan so I got to see a lot of Jim Leonard. He is a little small but he is one of those guys that you always want on your team. He always works hard and it seems he is always around the football.

Agree? Disagree? Indifferent?
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really know who to take in the first I'll have to wait until draft day, but I love Justin Tuck at 58 and Jim Leohnard will be the Packers starting safety down the road if we take him just wait and see Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: