Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What about Shawne Merriman?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dailyshop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: What about Shawne Merriman? Reply with quote

Why aren't the Texans interested in this guy? This guy can play defensive end and outside linebacker. I've heard about DeMarcus Ware and that okay about him but Merriman has versitility to play both positions well. He could also be a future replacement for Gary Walker while splitting time with Antwan Peek for the Right Outside Linebacker job. I sure hope they get this guy in the 1st.
texansfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, the texans are definitely considering this guy. He is perfect to play OLB in the 3-4, and played for only one of the two colleges that actually play that defense. If he's available he may be hard to pass up.
Bullred

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! I think if he is there we would take him.

I am one who thinks we need a pass rusher more than a receiver. I was listening to John McClain on the radio the other day and he was saying the most dominating 3-4 defenses have linebackers on both sides that can get to the quarterback. I know Atwan Peek has looked good at times, but I don't know if the coaches think he is a full time player for whatever reason. Besides it wouldn't hurt for some depth in our linebackers. After our 4 starters there isn't much.

That being said IMO WR is our second biggest need, and if we got Troy Williamson I would be happy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: