You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Opening day Starters?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Opening day Starters? Reply with quote

Projected Opening Day Starters (rounds 1, and 2 guessed)

OFFENSE:

QB - Carson Palmer
HB - Rudi Johnson
FB - Jeremi Johnson
WR - Chad Johnson
WR - TJ Houshmanzadah
TE - Matt Schoebel
LT - Levi Jones
LG - Eric Steinbach
C - Rich Brahm
RG - Bobby Williams
RT - Wille Anderson

DEFENSE:

RE - Justin Smith
DT - John Thorton
DT - Travis Johnson
LE - Duane Clemons
OLB - Brian Simmons
ILB - Landon Johnson
OLB - Kevin Hardy
CB - Tory James
CB - Deltha O'neil
FS - Madieu Williams
SS - Ernest Shazor

Not too different from last year, but Johnson and Shazor would help sure up the defense, and I think Madieu will thrive at FS this year. I would start Landon Johnson over Webster, even if Webster is healthy, and frankly I would have to think about the Bengals releasing Webster. The offense should grow with the continuity from last year and a resurgesnce from a now HEALTHY offensive line.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take that lineup as one that, if everyone stays healthy, should get us to the playoffs. It would look better if there was a pass catching TE instead of Schobel but with Chad, Housh, Warrick (if healthy), Rudi and Carson the O is fine. Madieu should be a pro bowler in 2 years and our secondary will be better with better run D and hopefully a double digit sack total from J. Smith. Is he in a contract year? If so, you know what that means, he get 15 and get a good deal to go elsewhere. Love the Shazor pick. If T. Davis is too big and will play OLB, Shazor is the best S coming out.

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Thomas Davis, but two things may preclude that pick:

1. He is drafted before us
2. We can't pass on teh best pure DT in the draft in Travis Johnson

If we take T Davis, its going to be as a SS, we already have enough undersized LBs.

Cincinnati Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree. I was going on the assunption that T. Davis will be gone before we're up and the fact that Shazor might turn out to be a better SS because he is not as massive as Davis.

"I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing." -ERIC CANTONA
thesaxman727

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Thomas Davis next to Madieu for the next 5+ years! Right now, it's probably a 50/50 chance we get him at #17. Ernest Shazor, on the other hand, has too much talent to fall to us at pick number #48 in the 2nd round. We would have to trade up to get him and I don't see Marvin giving up any extra picks for one player with talent like Brodney Pool & Jamaal Brimmer available in the 2nd-4th rounds.

As far as Travis Johnson goes, I personally don't think we need a tackle in the 1st round after the signing of Bryan Robinson. Although he is in his 30's, along with John Thorton, Langston Moore (VERY explosive player) and Matthias Askew (would have been a 1st-2nd round pick if he didn't come out early last year), I think we are starting to look a little more stable at DT.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, and i'm starting to fall off the T. Johnson wagon the more I hear and look into him. My ideal guy is Thomas Davis at 17, but I think another viable SS will be there in round two as well. I really think Marvin is going to line up his draft board and go BPA for the first round pick. Hwever, I do think they should focus rounds 2-3 making sure that after the first day we have a new SS and C for the future. If we get a good C to learn behind Brahm for one year, that would be ideal. Brahm passing down all his knowledge and helping him come along, and maybe even signing Brahm to a one year again next year to back up newly drafted center and continue to mentor him for one more year.

Will_estep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems good to me...
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO BENGALS!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: