Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HELP WITH MOCK DRAFT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sportboy86 wrote:
Of the DTs, only 3 (Justin Smith, Robert Geathers, and Duane Clemons) are sure to make the roster.

I meant "Of the DEs"--Sorry

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who starts along side the relatively (NFL-wise) unproven Askew then?
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Askew won't start, at least not at the beginning of the season...

John Thronton and Bryan Robinson will start. Matthias Askew will be given a great chance to see some playing time this year while being broken in to the NFL game. Langston Moore will also be a part of the rotation (he showed that he can be a pretty good, high-energy run stopper with 41 tackles while starting only 1/2 the season), and Carl Powell will also see some time at both DT and DE (he's mainly a pass-rushing DT). That's a 5-man rotation. There are only so many plays in the game.

Thornton started 16 games last year, Moore had 8 starts, and Robinson started a lot for Miami. Maybe every game--correct me if I'm wrong.

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson is not a relaible player, let me tell you that. First off, he was the 4th abckup at DT but played DE most of the time for us. We needed him when Chester and Boowens got injured at DT. The reason we had either one fo the 5 worst run Ds int he league was thanks to him mostly. If he is one of your best DTs, then you have an issue. As you can see, hes gone because of his poor play.

Most 4-3 teams run a 3 or 4 man rotation at DT. My question is, when Robinson, a poor starter, Thornoton, a poor starter, Akew, and unproven starter but could be good, and two other fill ins are key to your strrategy, an upgerade could be had.

I think the Dolphins should upgrade and they have Chester, Bowens, and Zgonnina, but they can be better. There coems a time where you have to realize that average/solid isnt enough and try to make it good, and DT is not that in Cincy. Robinson, btw, was a DE for us before the injuries, so he might play there for you guys as well. But, eh didnt even start there over David Bowens...
Cantstop85

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: