Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Superbowlbounds REVISED mock... new thoughts??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Superbowlbounds REVISED mock... new thoughts?? Reply with quote

Current Jets Salary= $126, 667,039
Carryover from 2011= 8,391,247
2012 NFL Salary Cap= ???

Restructures:
(1) Mark Sanchez-Current Cap Hit=14.2 mil, Takes a MAJOR pay cut for this season. His cap hit of 14 mil is simply unacceptable at this point.

(2) Calvin Pace- Current Cap Hit=7.3 mil, his 7 mil cap hit is something which needs to be corrected.

(3) D’Brickishaw Ferguson- Current Cap Hit=11.6 mil, I’m hoping the jets can maybe restructure his salary so his cap hit will reduce by several million this season

(4) Bart Scott- Current Cap Hit= 5.9 mil, He is too expensive to cut (only saves us 1.25 mil towards the cap and would equate to over 7 mil of “dead money” owed to Scott) and not worth 6 million towards the cap. Scott is a “team” guy so I hope the jets can work something out with him.

All in all I’m hoping the Jets can wring out around 12 million or so. Mark’s substantial pay cut (hoping for a cap hit that would drop from 14 down to 10), with Calvin Pace’s cap hit cut down to around 5 mil, D’Brick maybe saving us 2 mil, and Scott saving the jets around 3 mil we should create around 11 mil hopefully. (4+2+2+3=11)

Cuts: (around 4 mil saved)
- Eric Smith, S= Saves 2 mil
- Gerald Alexander, S= Saves around 1 mil
- Matthew Mulligan, TE= Saves around 1 mil

Therefore 11+8+4= 23 mil in Cap Room

We must also subtract the price of the draft (i.e. draft pick salaries). That should take up around 5 million or so (is this correct? I’m not sure with the new rookie wage scales) therefore the Jets should have around 18 mil to spend on Resigning players and in Free Agency.

Re-signings:
- Sione Pouha, NT, 3 years 15 million (Cap hit of 4 mil)
- Jim Leonard, S, 1 year 1 million (cap hit of 1 mil)

RFA’s:
- This section is simply annoying. I don’t factor these guys into the cap situation b/c for the most part I feel the majority of guys will sign 1 year deals equal to what they were already been paid. We don’t have any very attractive RFA’s so I doubt we have to worry about them being poached (we get draft pick compensation anyway).

Free Agency:
**Note, with the resigning of Pouha and Leonard the jets only have room for around 13 mil in free agents**

(1) Reggie Nelson, FS, 3 years 12 mil

(2) Jarrett Johnson, OLB, 2 years 6 mil (Johnson is not a pass rusher, but probably one of the top coverage 3-4 OLB’s in the league)

(3) Vernon Carey, RT, 2 years 5 mil

(4) Chad Henne, QB, 2 years 3 mil

(5) Jerome Simpson, WR, 2 year 5 mil

Trades:
Jets trade 4th +5th--> Green Bay for 3rd rounder

NFL Draft:

Round 1: Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama

Round 2: Mark Barron, S, Alabama

Round 3: Mitchell Schwartz, RT, Cal

Round 3 (via GB): Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian St.

Round 5 (via Jax): Jonathon Massaquoi, DE/OLB, Troy

Round 6: Goerge Iloka, S, Boise St

Round 6 (comp): Dunte Page-Moss, DE/OLB, UNC

Round 7: DC Jefferson, TE, Rutgers

Round 7 (comp): Antoine McClaine, OG, Clemson

UDFA’s:
- Jenzen Jackson, FS, McNeese St.
- Armond Armstead, DE/DT, USC
- Chris Pantale, TE, BC
- Lance Dunbar, RB, North Texas
- Kyle Martens, P, Rice
- Damarlo Benjamin, WR, Indiana

2012 Depth Chart:

Free Agents= BROWN
Rookies= GREEN
UDFA's= ORANGE

**Note on the Depth Chart**
This is simply showing where potential important players are located and how our team will look or could look. I will include the UDFA's i think that would have a solid chance of making the team:

QB: Mark Sanchez, Chad Henne
RB: Shonne Greene, Joe Mcknight, Lance Dunbar
FB: John Conner, Josh Baker
LT: D’Brickishaw Furgeson, Robert Turner
LG: Matt Slauson, Antoine McClaine
OC: Nick Mangold, Evan Baxter
RG: Brandon Moore, Vladimir Ducasse
RT: Vernon Carey, Mitchell Schwartz
WR1: Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, Patrick Turner
WR2: Jerome Simpson, Brian Quick, Danarlo Benjamin
TE: Dustin Keller, Jeff Cumberland, DJ Jefferson

CB1: Derelle Revis, Kyle Wilson
CB2: Antonio Cromartie, Marquice Cole
LOLB: Calvin Pace, Jonathon Massaquoi, Dunte Page-Moss
LILB: Bartt Scott, Audie Cole, Nick Bellore
RILB: David Harris, Josh Mauga
ROLB: Courtney Upshaw, Jarrett Johnson, Aaron Maybin
RE: Muhammad Wilkerson, Marcus Dixon
NT: Sione Pouha, Martin Tevaseau, Kendrick Ellis
LE: Mike DeVito, Ropati Pitoitua
FS: Reggie Nelson , George Iloka, Jenzen Jackson
SS: Jim Leonard, Mark Barron

Last edited by superbowlbound on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That DeVito trade is awful, and why to Tampa?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Got a friend in the bucs office, just a feeling. Devito is a good player but he can be upgraded. He'll be a free agent next year but his only value is being a run stopper. The jets value him yes, but if they can sign Kendall Langford there will be no need for a 2 million backup DE when the Jets are already really high on Dixon and Ropati.

It was simple, I'd rather Kendall Langford than Mike DeVito and it doesnt pay to keep both
Rich51

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry not a fan.

I don't want to trade Devito

I think you changed some of your picks as i was writing this so i have to look again
123 Dominate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt trade devito, he's worth a 2nd to us, maybe not others but to us he is

dont want a wideout in the first

turner and hunter and a 3rd rd pick cant play RT as a trio, we're gonna run the ball heavy and it seems like you dont like that phylosophy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the effort on the cap numbers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:

Got a friend in the bucs office, just a feeling. Devito is a good player but he can be upgraded. He'll be a free agent next year but his only value is being a run stopper. The jets value him yes, but if they can sign Kendall Langford there will be no need for a 2 million backup DE when the Jets are already really high on Dixon and Ropati.

It was simple, I'd rather Kendall Langford than Mike DeVito and it doesnt pay to keep both

Where is he playing in Tampa? He's a 3-4 DE not a Tampa 2 DT.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jetsfan4life51"][quote="superbowlbound"][quote="jetsfan4life51"]That DeVito trade is awful, and why to Tampa?[/quote]

It was simple, I'd rather Kendall Langford than Mike DeVito and it doesnt pay to keep both[/quote]

Where is he playing in Tampa? He's a 3-4 DE not a Tampa 2 DT.[/quote]

All I know is he's seen as a viable 2 down dt... Even in a 4-3, run stopping is run and Tampa wants more run stuffersas far as I know...
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Spencer is not what we need on defense. Hes the same as Calvin Pace. We need a pure pass rusher. A guy who is a threat to get to the QB on every play. Thats not spencer. Also the DeVito to Tampa makes zero sense as JF4L pointed out and id rather keep devito then pick up tampas 4th. And you seem to be under the assumption we can just backload everything. Thats why were in the mess that were in.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Anthony Spencer is not what we need on defense. Hes the same as Calvin Pace. We need a pure pass rusher. A guy who is a threat to get to the QB on every play. Thats not spencer. Also the DeVito to Tampa makes zero sense as JF4L pointed out and id rather keep devito then pick up tampas 4th. And you seem to be under the assumption we can just backload everything. Thats why were in the mess that were in.

Yes Spencer isnt the answer I already stated but who would you rather have opposite pace? Mario Williams? Too expensive. Aahmad Brooks? No way he makes it to fa...cant have a superstar at every position. We have no other olb capable of starting so ues, Spencer is a cheap starter to get in fa
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

Yes Spencer isnt the answer I already stated but who would you rather have opposite pace? Mario Williams? Too expensive. Aahmad Brooks? No way he makes it to fa...cant have a superstar at every position. We have no other olb capable of starting so ues, Spencer is a cheap starter to get in fa

draft one.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Davey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind signing Spencer as a replacement for Bryan Thomas, but the idea has to be similar to what the Jets did in '08. We signed Calvin Pace, but a pass rusher was still a top priority in the draft. It doesn't solve the pass rusher need, but gives the Jets the "complete" complement that we have at the moment but can't take for granted as we won't be having it very soon.

As for free agency, Tyvon Branch is NOT a free safety and he's not a "great cover safety". He's a strong safety, and a good traditional one, but doesn't offer the Jets the type of player they need and thus not worth the investment.

There's no need to trade DeVito either and he's the type of player the Jets should be holding onto given he's a good, young, high motor player that's homegrown as an undrafted free agent.
BlaZeN37

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy hell, that is my dream draft. I love the entire mock, especially the draft.

Good job.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just shocked that you have George Iloka falling to the 6th round.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I'm just shocked that you have George Iloka falling to the 6th round.

George iloka has amazing size and speed... But according to walterfootball.com hea
projected to go in the 6th but the combine could change that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: