Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Alshon Jeffery runs a 4.8 40...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does he get drafted?
Yes
97%
 97%  [ 80 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 82

Author Message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28819
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: If Alshon Jeffery runs a 4.8 40... Reply with quote

We'll see what happens at the Combine, but the rumors are swirling.

Quote:
Joe Everett @RookieDraft
now
WR Alshon Jeffery, #SouthCarolina is training at St Vincents here in Indy. Sources say he's weighing 249lbs + running a 4.88 Forty #NFLDraft


Quote:
Joe Everett @RookieDraft
53s
I also had to ask my guy again. That is NO typo. RT @JoshNorris Wait, 4.88? Really?


Of course, this is just one source (I happen to like Joe, he's a good guy.) But if Alshon Jeffery runs a 4.8, does he get drafted? I don't think so. He could end up going the way of Adarius Bowman, the highly-touted WR from Oklahoma State who sort of faded out of the picture due to slow timing.

UPDATE: Multiple sources disagreeing.

Quote:
Benjamin Allbright @NFLDraftMonster
·More
Alshon Jeffrey 4.88 time, is outright untrue. Hearing whispers its being floated from his camp, so he blows expectation away at combine.

_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.


Last edited by rabbisson on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thesickness89


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14387
Location: East Carolina University
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would get drafted, but he would have an epic fall
_________________


Judgement tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 34736
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends...there is always hope? Maybe if worse comes to worse, put on 10 pounds and move to Tightend?
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jyod21


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 1602
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he would still get drafted, but he would absolutely plummet down the boards.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13160
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch him until maybe the 6th round if ran a 4.88 and weighed 249lbs at the combine.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45269
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

249 pounds? Wow. If true, the weight issues have certainly been verified. That would be quite disappointing. I really like Alshon on the field but if this is true, he simply lacks the drive off the field to succeed.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28819
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
249 pounds? Wow. If true, the weight issues have certainly been verified. That would be quite disappointing. I really like Alshon on the field but if this is true, he simply lacks the drive off the field to succeed.


It's a shame, I know how much you like him Sad. And honestly I had been warming up to him a bit more as a prospect in recent months. But at 249...that's a little scary to me. He'd weigh more than the likes of Aaron Hernandez and Jermichael Finley.

Although, it COULD work as a split out tight end. Maybe. The issue there is that Dwayne Allen, Orson Charles, Michael Egnew, Coby Fleener will all run faster than him.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28819
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the credibility of the report is a BIT in question.

Quote:
Michael Schottey @Schottey
·More
Confirmed...Alshon Jeffery has been in Tampa since January 8th. IF he ran a 4.88 in Indianapolis, it was over a month ago.


Still doesn't take away the hypothetical. But there may be some hope for Alshon.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45269
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
249 pounds? Wow. If true, the weight issues have certainly been verified. That would be quite disappointing. I really like Alshon on the field but if this is true, he simply lacks the drive off the field to succeed.


It's a shame, I know how much you like him Sad. And honestly I had been warming up to him a bit more as a prospect in recent months. But at 249...that's a little scary to me. He'd weigh more than the likes of Aaron Hernandez and Jermichael Finley.

Although, it COULD work as a split out tight end. Maybe. The issue there is that Dwayne Allen, Orson Charles, Michael Egnew, Coby Fleener will all run faster than him.


I still have to see it to believe it. I just don't know how with all this money on the line, he'd let himself get so out of shape. I'd have a hard time drafting him before the 4th if this is true. And I don't know about TE because it's not muscle, it's fat.

But I guess we'll see if the reports are true or not.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45269
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Also, the credibility of the report is a BIT in question.

Quote:
Michael Schottey @Schottey
·More
Confirmed...Alshon Jeffery has been in Tampa since January 8th. IF he ran a 4.88 in Indianapolis, it was over a month ago.


Still doesn't take away the hypothetical. But there may be some hope for Alshon.


That makes me feel a little bit better. Might have gotten bad info. I'm hoping Alshon shows up to the combine at a cut and trim 230 pounds!
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8808
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32, don't back track now my friend. You were defending Alshon to the end. I called him slow, fat, and a bunch of other things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45269
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
jrry32, don't back track now my friend. You were defending Alshon to the end. I called him slow, fat, and a bunch of other things.


I'm not backing off anything. Until I see it, I'm not believing it.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JustisM


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 16601
Location: Hood River, Oregon
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing He looked fat even when he wasn't. If he's at 250 and runs that slow he could shoot out of the draft.
_________________
[quote="TytybearsFan21"]Drive off into the sunset, you brilliant bastard.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 25172
Location: 321
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd probably get drafted. There are teams who have a pattern of ignoring everything and drafting big names throughout the draft. Those are usually the teams that most people say had the best draft.
_________________


Free Ray Rice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23968
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing yes he'll get drafted but doesn't deserve it. Some1 who lets themselves get that big right before the combine and NFL draft obviously doesn't care .
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group