Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Study on pass rushing 3-4 OLBs: 3-Cone Drill; Vert and Broad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoLdRuSh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this post makes me want to see how this years OLB perform during the combine. I expect crazy #'s from Bruce Irvin. He looks really explosive at times; although I think his strength will hinder him in the pros.
BoomWeddle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
CharlieKelly wrote:
Glad to see Hali is the statistical anomaly, just amazing how well hes made the transition. He'll beat you with speed, power or moves and wont stop till the game is over, love how he plays the game.

Also Houston is coming around on the other side, and looks like an ideal compliment to Hali.

Houston has ALL of the coverage assignments, when Hali is in the game. When they take Hali out, blitz, or go with a 2 man DL, Houston gets his chances. Put him in an all ahead role, like Hali, and he gets 15+ sacks.

I agree that it is not surprising that Hali is anoutlier. His tenacity is becoming proverbial.

J

Houston is the new utility OLB, much like Mike Vrabel.

Imagine if he and Hali were both rushing the QB every play.

But Houston plays better in space, which is why he is used the way he is.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone needs to mention Waldo's work in this area. IF I missed it, I appologize. He hit on Miller Acho and Houston. His other top names, Moch and Gabe Miller.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

J

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
Great study. Thanks for sharing.

After seeing Cam Wake's numbers I'm shocked he wasn't drafted. Those are ridiculous numbers. 45 inch vert? Shocked

But you have to remember that though he has explosiveness, he was a 225 lb defensive end coming out, so those numbers are from when he was the size of a SS. Its still insane, but those numbers would be VERY different if you tested him now.

But with Hali, his burst/explosion is incredible and I have no idea why that didn't show through in the tests. Suggs is another interesting case. He would be another guy that would be an anomoly if he decided to do the tests. But guys like that get buy with freakish motor and power that doesn't show through in drills

Hali also uses his hands as well as any pass rusher in the NFL...

This is basically the biggest thing for Hali. If you pay any attention to him, it's almost impossible not to notice this. He is one of the quickest and most effective at getting an OL's hands off of him.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Someone needs to mention Waldo's work in this area. IF I missed it, I appologize. He hit on Miller Acho and Houston. His other top names, Moch and Gabe Miller.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

J

Crazy thing is Houston, Mark Anderson, and Connor Barwin all had big years this year, and they were the only misses and one of last years rookies on Waldo's last list.

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

J

Going to be hard to judge Moch. He was out the majority of the year with severe migraine issues. Hopefully he can get that manageable like Harvin did...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

Hali also uses his hands as well as any pass rusher in the NFL...

If I had to choose one word to describe Hali's style it would be: VIOLENCE.

Houston could learn a thing or two from Hali, because my only gripe with him is he has a tendency to not use his hands which stonewalls him at the POA.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

Going to be hard to judge Moch. He was out the majority of the year with severe migraine issues. Hopefully he can get that manageable like Harvin did...

Gabe Miller is the other rookie. He was on IR the whole season, and a lot of raters did not have him in their top 300. If he pans out (5th round pick) then we know something.

J

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

Gabe Miller is the other rookie. He was on IR the whole season, and a lot of raters did not have him in their top 300. If he pans out (5th round pick) then we know something.

J

I think it has validity whether Gabe Miller turns out to be a good pass rusher or not. No formula is going to be perfect, so having 1 or 2 failures would be perfectly acceptable

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
CharlieKelly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:

I think it has validity whether Gabe Miller turns out to be a good pass rusher or not. No formula is going to be perfect, so having 1 or 2 failures would be perfectly acceptable

Miller actually showed some pretty good stuff in training camp, I think he played all 4 Linebacker positions at one point during a pre-season game IIRC.

He got put on IR, but I heard his injury really wasn't that severe and that we just "redshirted" him. His pass rushing opportunities will be limited with Hali/Houston on the edge but he has potential if he can stay healthy.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to place my bet now that Miles Burris from San Diego State will fit intoo at least 2 of these categories.

Jamison on the sig
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice research. I'm a year late, but its still nice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: