Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Better Prospect Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, or RG3?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Prospect
Matthew Stafford
64%
 64%  [ 49 ]
Sam Bradford
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Robert Griffin III
19%
 19%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 76

brownie man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Better Prospect Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford, or RG3? Reply with quote

Stafford was on ESPN earlier today, and I got to thinking how everyone talks about how Luck is the best quarterback prospect since Manning and the easiest number 1 pick. Now scouts talk about how RG3 could potentially go above Luck so they have to at least be close in prospects and if Luck wasnt coming out RG3 would be the clear number 1 pick.

So that got me thinking how does RG3 compare to other number 1 picks at QB.

Everyone compares him to Cam Newton, but what about Stafford and Bradford.

I think athletically RG3 is head and shoulders above Bradford and I think hes an overall better prospect. Even though both played in the Big 12 I think RG3 was more dominate especially playing the lesser talent around him.

With Stafford I think Stafford was the best out of the three I was a huge Stafford fan because I loved his arm, playing in the SEC, and his winning mentality.

so I go Stafford>RG3>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradford
TD_Tommie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Sam Bradford. People on here actually weren't very high on Stafford and there was a lot of hate on him.

Same goes with Bradford but it was credited to his system and weak arm (which aren't negatives to me, because there have been several good qb's coming out of the spread now, and his arm isn't really bad).

RGIII has me super excited and am a big fan of his, but I don't know if I'd draft him. Too much of a high risk - high reward player.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Matthew Stafford
2. Sam Bradford
3. Robert Griffin

I actually wasn't a big fan of Stafford but I'd still take him as a prospect over Bradford and Griffin. From what I've seen of Griffin (and I'm not going to pretend I'm as familiar with him as others are), I really think most of his hype is due to the success of Newton. Not to say that one thing means another is guaranteed but has any quarterback out of the Air Raid offense in college actually found any success in the NFL?

I think he has a lot of potential but I wouldn't be surprised if he saw a large fall in the draft compared to where he is usually slated to go.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthew Stafford was better than both Bradford and Griffin III as a prospect by a long shot.
Falastine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford was one of the most underrated 1st overall picks I had ever seen. Aside from being 6'4 or 6'5, he was the complete package at QB as a prospect.

Meanwhile, I had Bradford and have Griffin III rated as 2nd round picks. I'll take Staff here, and by two miles.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford>Bradford=RGIII

If not for the injury concerns, I would say Bradford>RGIII...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
All IN 14-0!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
Stafford was one of the most underrated 1st overall picks I had ever seen. Aside from being 6'4 or 6'5, he was the complete package at QB as a prospect.

Meanwhile, I had Bradford and have Griffin III rated as 2nd round picks. I'll take Staff here, and by two miles.

That "title" will forever be worn by last years #1 pick. Go back and read this forum at this time last year. Everyone else is a distant second to Cam when it comes to criticism of a top pick.

I agree that it was hard to understand why some people didn't believe in Stafford. His tools were as good as any QB prospect since Elway. Peyton was more advanced mentally, but not physically.
Falastine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All IN 14-0! wrote:
Falastine wrote:

That "title" will forever be worn by last years #1 pick. Go back and read this forum at this time last year. Everyone else is a distant second to Cam when it comes to criticism of a top pick.

I agree that it was hard to understand why some people didn't believe in Stafford. His tools were as good as any QB prospect since Elway. Peyton was more advanced mentally, but not physically.

I said "one of".

And Stafford was extremely advanced mentally. Mark Richt let him call his own plays and make his own pre snap reads/adjustments as a true freshmen. That's rarely seen in college.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order of the poll by far.

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

Okay.

Sacramento is a finals team now folks. Laughing

yeah so? Would anyone here disagree?
Mich_fan20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford by far. I had Bradford around 15. RG3 around 5-7.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
All IN 14-0! wrote:
Falastine wrote:

I said "one of".

And Stafford was extremely advanced mentally. Mark Richt let him call his own plays and make his own pre snap reads/adjustments as a true freshmen. That's rarely seen in college.

Wasn't meant as a shot at Stafford. I don't think any QB, ever, was as mentally prepared as Peyton.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford by a fair margin.

Deadpulse on the sig
Spartan300

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Stafford
2) Bradford
3) RG3
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford is the best imo. Bradford's injury had alot of people worried

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stafford easily. Followed by RGIII, with Bradford next.

Bradford was a late riser, if most of you remember. It wasnt until later that the Bradford #1 to the Rams hype train started (fueled by Schefter). I feel he was one of the lesser top 5 QB prospects in the past decade.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: