Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns Mock v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like?
As beautiful as a new born baby
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Things could be a lot worse...
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Things could be a lot better too
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
I'll wait till the preseason to burn the stadium down
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 15

SnakeEyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

osufan87 wrote:
One word... HORRIBLE!

Towards what??
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnakeEyes wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
SnakeEyes wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
Problem 1: Colt McCoy is your starting QB

Problem 2: You drafted Weeden who is 3 years older than Colt to be his backup.

Problem 3: Colt McCoy is your starting QB.

Problem 4: Barkley is going to be a lot like Sanchez or Lienart or Clausen.

Problem 5: Any GM looking at next year's draft before the current draft should be looking for a new job.

Problem 6 - 10 see problems 1, 2 and 3.

I c u dislike Colt McCoy big time.. I c like 1 problem compare u stated 8 problems with 1 guy.. Someone needs to relax about this guy.. I think we get it that u don't like Colt.. I would laugh if he is still the Browns starter and the Browns didn't improve the position.. I wonder if I would c u back here or what.. LOL

I have been around for a while just chose not to post for about a year or so.

Anyhow we had trouble scoring points. So while a WR may be dynamic they only touch the ball 8-10 times a game. A RB 20-30. The QB every offensive snap.

Secondly I am not a fan of Floyd and at 7 is way too high for him (mid teens is about right).

Also going out and drafting a rookie QB that is 3 years older than your current starter doesn't make sense.

Finally because we had the 5th best defense with points allowed by adding all that to the defense we may drop to allowing 17 points per game.

How does that help us when we only score 13?

I like Bray but he is probably going 1 over all next year and Barkley is meh. Seen that story before and no thanks.

Do u ever think we hardly ever have any playmakers on this Browns team other than the QB situation?? Im not a McCoy fan but nobody isn't perfect to deserve that much hate IMO.. I think the Browns will maybe sign a free agent QB and sign playmakers or draft playmakers.. I don't think Colt had a fair shot but if the Browns think RG3 is the answer then I will support that decision.. Free agency will tell us what direction of the Browns might go.. If they don't sign a QB thru free agency then its either we draft RG3 or not.. Right now there going to be too many smoke to clarify what actually the Browns might do.. So many different ways that the Browns can do but eventually we will find out when that day comes..

Booya has come back very bitter. He will mellow.
RabidDawgs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnakeEyes wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
SnakeEyes wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

Problem 5: Any GM looking at next year's draft before the current draft should be looking for a new job.

I c u dislike Colt McCoy big time.. I c like 1 problem compare u stated 8 problems with 1 guy.. Someone needs to relax about this guy.. I think we get it that u don't like Colt.. I would laugh if he is still the Browns starter and the Browns didn't improve the position.. I wonder if I would c u back here or what.. LOL

Anyhow we had trouble scoring points. So while a WR may be dynamic they only touch the ball 8-10 times a game. A RB 20-30. The QB every offensive snap.

Secondly I am not a fan of Floyd and at 7 is way too high for him (mid teens is about right).

Also going out and drafting a rookie QB that is 3 years older than your current starter doesn't make sense.

Finally because we had the 5th best defense with points allowed by adding all that to the defense we may drop to allowing 17 points per game.

I like Bray but he is probably going 1 over all next year and Barkley is meh. Seen that story before and no thanks.

Do u ever think we hardly ever have any playmakers on this Browns team other than the QB situation?? Im not a McCoy fan but nobody isn't perfect to deserve that much hate IMO.. I think the Browns will maybe sign a free agent QB and sign playmakers or draft playmakers.. I don't think Colt had a fair shot but if the Browns think RG3 is the answer then I will support that decision.. Free agency will tell us what direction of the Browns might go.. If they don't sign a QB thru free agency then its either we draft RG3 or not.. Right now there going to be too many smoke to clarify what actually the Browns might do.. So many different ways that the Browns can do but eventually we will find out when that day comes..

To answer your question, no he doesn't. You can have the best carpenter in the world, but unless he has the tools to do his job (offensive team mates), and a good blueprint (coaching), he won't be able to build an outhouse. Thats the facts.
Onizuka

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:

I understand you hate McCoy...but can you elaborate why you think Barkley is going to be Sanchez, Lienart, or Clausen.... Think

Barkley will be entering his 4th straight year as USC's starting QB as compared to Sanchez's 1 year start for USC...QB talent wise...Barkley is better in every way including leadership..

Barkley isn't playing with Bush who completely dominated college ball...

Barkley actually beat quality opponents, makes accurate throws, and is actually the leader of that offense unlike Clausen who got a lot of attention just because of Charlie Weis and the type of offense ND ran...
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done and well thought out! Mario is not for us and I would prefer keeping 3-4 known players familiar with our system. Floyd is not #7 material and I would keep #4. I believe everyone sees the positions and upgrades that we need to address. The question is priority of needs and how to build the foundation per H&H plan. From the past interviews, I believe H&H will use two out of first three picks on D(choice of RDE, speed LB, FS). The QB issue is first and foremost as I have faith in Holmgren to find the right QB but the foundation needs to be in place regardless of QB. From my perspective, I see a flyer like Cousins/Lindley QB in 4th round and find out for sure about Colt without hindering the growth and foundation of team. Fix/upgrade both the lines with the draft and FA as well as speed, speed, and more speed.
pmk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onizuka wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

I understand you hate McCoy...but can you elaborate why you think Barkley is going to be Sanchez, Lienart, or Clausen.... Think

Barkley will be entering his 4th straight year as USC's starting QB as compared to Sanchez's 1 year start for USC...QB talent wise...Barkley is better in every way including leadership..

Barkley actually beat quality opponents, makes accurate throws, and is actually the leader of that offense unlike Clausen who got a lot of attention just because of Charlie Weis and the type of offense ND ran...
He is playing with Robert Woods and Marquise Lee who both catch everything in the state of California though. I'd take Robert Woods over Barkley any day. Dude is going to be a monster at the next level.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:

This whole mock is made under the following premise - Flynn signs *EDIT* elsewhere *END EDIT*, Luck is untradeable for, Redskins trade up to #2 with a 2012 #1 and #2 and a 2013 1st. If Griffin falls to 4 he's a Brown, but what if he doesn't?

Therefore, your option for obtaining a QB - give up both 1sts for Griffin, or draft someone else. I have Weeden a lot higher than Foles - he is competition for the starting job, not a pure backup. What would you do? Would you give up the 1sts?

BooyaCS wrote:

I'm not looking at next year's draft before the current draft, I'm looking at it in conjunction with it.

Any GM looking solely at 1 year should be fired immediately. If you have no knowledge of the strength and weaknesses of next years draft and FA class, your future contract situations, and the trends of the league, you have no long-term plan, and reactive rather than proactive GMs will never win championships.

Last edited by DrawABlank on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:

Okay, fair enough. When I watch Floyd, I see a slightly taller Hakeem Nicks - same sticky hands, same strong frame, same agility out of breaks, same deceptive long speed, same redzone threat and instincts to find the holes in zone coverage. Now Nicks was drafted at 29 (a bargain) but if you drafted again I bet he would go over Michael Crabtree (who reminds me of someone in this draft too)...

BooyaCS wrote:

Absolutely - if you are happy with your starter. I'm not entirely convinced (and I thought you weren't too?)

BooyaCS wrote:
Finally because we had the 5th best defense with points allowed by adding all that to the defense we may drop to allowing 17 points per game

I believe that the defensive results were partially due to teams not needed to put up vast numbers of points. Advanced stats like DVOA (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef) place it as middle of the pack. This would hopefully change that.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

osufan87 wrote:
One word... HORRIBLE!

Would love to hear a little more explanation if possible so I can improve it...
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdogsandiego wrote:
Well done and well thought out! Mario is not for us and I would prefer keeping 3-4 known players familiar with our system. Floyd is not #7 material and I would keep #4. I believe everyone sees the positions and upgrades that we need to address. The question is priority of needs and how to build the foundation per H&H plan. From the past interviews, I believe H&H will use two out of first three picks on D(choice of RDE, speed LB, FS). The QB issue is first and foremost as I have faith in Holmgren to find the right QB but the foundation needs to be in place regardless of QB. From my perspective, I see a flyer like Cousins/Lindley QB in 4th round and find out for sure about Colt without hindering the growth and foundation of team. Fix/upgrade both the lines with the draft and FA as well as speed, speed, and more speed.

To be honest, Usama Young was the only player I even considered keeping, and it is perfectly plausible (just don't sign Sanders). I just felt that a fresh face who has started for two winning teams (Patriots and Falcons) would be a nice add.

As to the others - Watson should retire - multiple concussions are not to be messed around with. Fujita and Brown have lost their speed and the defence as a whole needs it (as you stated). Tony Pashos is too expensive as a backup and too awful to start. And I have already made my feelings on Mitchell clear.

Floyd at 7 might be a stretch, but as above, if you end up with Hakeem Nicks then you'll forget all about it. I'm pretty sure that "reaches" like Aldon Smith, Andy Dalton and Chris Johnson have been forgiven by now...

Cousins is a possibility and the other QB I considered (would have taken the best DL in the 3rd and KC in the 4th). A QB (Lindley) who is so inaccurate he has never completed more than 58% of his passes (in college) is not going to be a viable NFL starter in a WCO.

Going Quinton Coples then Zach Brown in the 1st is possible (there are no free safeties worthy of a top 40 pick). However, until points starting going on the board, there isn't going to be much for the defence to work with.

Thanks for the feedback.
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onizuka wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

Barkley throws a freakin ton of dump off screens and bubble screens to his future NFL wrs and his deep balls float.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RabidDawgs wrote:
SnakeEyes wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
SnakeEyes wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

To answer your question, no he doesn't. You can have the best carpenter in the world, but unless he has the tools to do his job (offensive team mates), and a good blueprint (coaching), he won't be able to build an outhouse. Thats the facts.

The problem is when you have a QB that under throws every deep ball out there you cannot tell if it is the skill players or the QB. I have yet to see McCoy hit a receiver in stride where they can get RAC yardage. Most of the passes float and the WRs have to wait on them. Also because they float they are easy to jump.

Although since using logic doesn't help I don't know what to tell you.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

This whole mock is made under the following premise - Flynn signs in Cleveland, Luck is untradeable for, Redskins trade up to #2 with a 2012 #1 and #2 and a 2013 1st. If Griffin falls to 4 he's a Brown, but what if he doesn't?

Therefore, your option for obtaining a QB - give up both 1sts for Griffin, or draft someone else. I have Weeden a lot higher than Foles - he is competition for the starting job, not a pure backup. What would you do? Would you give up the 1sts?

BooyaCS wrote:

I'm not looking at next year's draft before the current draft, I'm looking at it in conjunction with it.

Any GM looking solely at 1 year should be fired immediately. If you have no knowledge of the strength and weaknesses of next years draft and FA class, your future contract situations, and the trends of the league, you have no long-term plan, and reactive rather than proactive GMs will never win championships.

You have no idea who is going to be available next year for the draft. Players can stay that you thought would declare. There could be injuries or they can fall off the radar. There are way too many variables plus you don't even know the strengths and weaknesses of your own team to make an assessment on where to focus the scouting for the next season.

So how does looking ahead actually matter?

Secondly Weeden is a 29 year old prospect that may only play for 5-6 years. Also there is the possibility of teams drafting 4 - 5 QBs in the first round

Luck
RG3
Tannehill
Foles
Osweiler

The next group includes Weeden but I don't think he goes till the third round at the earliest.

So you have Flynn signing with Cleveland. Again not a fan but wouldn't be overly disappointed. I would prefer to draft a QB.

Also 7 is much too high for Floyd. He is rated in the teens right now. Also if you are looking at next year thinking hmm who can I take high in the draft then your GM and entire coaching staff will be looking for a new job. That is the only way you get your QB if both Flynn and McCoy fail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: