Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you think?!?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about my mock draft?
A. PERFECT DRAFT
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
B. VERY GOOD, BUT NEEDS SOME CHANGES
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
C. OK, SOME PICKS ARE GOOD OTHERS SUCK
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
D. ONLY A COUPLE OF THESE PICKS ARE WORTHY
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
F. THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

gbpackerfn04

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: What do you think?!?!?!? Reply with quote

I dont know how we would do it, but here is a list of players that i would like to see the packers pick up in the draft. It might just be possible to get them all. Obviously, there are others out there that i might prefer but not attainable at a certain position, but this would be some what realistic with maybe some minor trading.

First Round: DeMarcus Ware, DE, Troy, 6'4 255lbs., runs a 4.57 40yd, 4.07 short shuttle, and a 6.83 three cone drill. He is fast and a spectacular speed rusher from the outside which is what Bates' scheme calls for. getting a stronger pass rush for a team that ranked near the bottom of the league in sacks is essential in helping out the secondary. Option if he is not available at number 24 would be to trade down and get Justin Tuck, who is the next viable option for same type of player.

Round Two: Barrett Rudd, MLB, 6'21/2 241 lbs., runs a 4.75 40yd, 3.94 short shuttle (third fastest among LB's.) (great short line speed and change of direction speed!), 7.27 three cone drill. He has above average intelligence which is proven by his high wonderlic score and has great football instincts. Quick to the ball and solid tackler, but not known for his bone jarring hits. Great leadership qualities. Won't be a hall of famer, but should be a solid starter for many years. he may not be available at number 51 so we may have to trade up, hmm hopefully using a pick from next year as we need all of our picks this year for a last run for Favre.

Round Two: Josh Bullocks, FS, 6'0 207lbs, runs a 4.55 40yd. He is a ball hawk and is great playing center field in a zone coverage. He also is good in man coverage. Not afraid to help against the run and a good tackler, but not great. Would be the 2nd coming of Sharper when he was young. also may not be available at 58.

Round Three: Gerald Sensabaugh, SS, 6'0 1/2 214lbs., runs 4.45 40yd, 3.96 short shuttle, 6.80 three cone, and an amazing 46" vertical jump. has amazing upside potential. will be unbelievable on special teams immediately and a great SS in the future. plays tough against the run. good kick and punt blocker. probably not ready to start this year, but can sit behind little and freeman for a year and learn.

Round Four: Richie Incognito, OL, 6'3 305, runs 4.89 40, 29 bench presses. has had off the field issues or would be a possible 1st round pick. well worth the risk here. i listed as OL because he can play anywhere on the line. played LT for 2yrs at nebraska and then was set to play center this year before getting the boot from the team. has a nasty streak to bring to the game. can pull well so he would be an awesome replacement for wahle at LG. very quick and solid pass and run blocker. can also deep snap so we can save a roster spot.

Round Five: Jonathan Welsh, OLB, 6'3 244, runs a 4.50 40, 39 1/2" vertical jump, ambidextrous!, i listed as a OLB because of size and speed, but some list as a DE and he played right side DE for Wisconsin. bigger and faster than all the top OLB prospects. would make a great blitzing backer and special teams player until he learns the nuances of playing OLB full time. knows how to get to the passer, but can get engulfed by huge OL so he needs to play backer.

Round Six: Frank Gore, RB, 5'9 217lbs. runs a 4.66 40. Has had numerous knee injuries, but has presevered. can sit on the bench for a year ala willis mcgahee and rest up, heal, and recover and hopefully be a big steal in the draft next year if green leaves via FA.

let me know your feelings or your thoughts for changes. draft picks would have to fall right for us to get these picks. i realize this, this is a perfect scenerio draft imo.

Last edited by gbpackerfn04 on Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
packernation5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like the mock draft a lot, one of the best I have seen.....please we all need to take in to consideration of a QB!!!. I love Favre, my favorite player of all time....and Nall showed hope against the Bears however, there are a group of 2nd or 3rd rounds QB's that will be good, mainly Frye and McPherson. If we got McPherson in round 2 or 3 I think my heart would start pounding so hard full of green and gold blood that it migh explode with joy. Oh, and 1 more thing in your later rounds a WR would be a nice option, Dante Ridgeway WR Ball State?
marshpit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good in depth mock...Not to be a bias Vikes fan; however, I hear Damarcus Ware is moving up the draft boards of many teams. I don't think he will be there @ the 24th.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ware will probably be there because of his size, but Gore won't fall past round 3.

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love to argue with marshpit but for once i agree with him ware won't make it to 24, i like the emphesis on defense, although i am not sold on incognito and gore, they are both overcoming injuries, but if we get them lower and they work out and stay healthy it would be great, not getting my hoopes up though
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
gbpackerfn04

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your input. I didn't have the packers picking a qb at all in the draft because they have Nall and O'Sullivan. I think we should give both of them a chance in preseason. I think Nall is getting better and better every year and O'Sullivan is supposed to be very good himself, according to ESPN he will be a hot commodity on the FA market next year if we dont sign him long term. I also think that if Favre retires next year we go after either Brees or Rivers, whoever is their odd man out. Plus McPherson has a very small hand. It measured at just barely over 9 inches. May seem irrelevant, but in the cold weather in GB the larger your hand the easier it is to hold onto a frozen football. Favre has one of the larger hands in the NFL.

Demarcus Ware may or may not be there at 24 and thats why i optioned for Justin Tuck, heck maybe even Erasmus James. Someone is going to fall, they always do and there is a good pool of DE in this years draft. One of those three would be the type of DE we need.

Incognito and Gore have both had injuries. Gores are more serious than Incognito's and with the good depth at rb combined with his injuries is why i projected him to drop this far. If he is not here at that pick there are a couple of other rb's or maybe wr or even te's that would be the best pick.

Incognito's injury was reported as only a sprained knee at the combine so he should be fine. Besides we wont have to count on him until next year and by then he will have had plenty of time to rehab and recoup.

Welsh and Sensabuagh are two of the favorites in this draft. Both are extremely athletic. Welsh played DE in college and would be an awesome blitzing OLB. With his size at 6'3 244lbs. and speed at 4.50 in the 40 and his good agility he would be a huge force in a couple of years after Diggs is gone. Rudd, Barnett, Welsh would be a great LB core. Sensabaugh could go much higher in the draft because of his physical talents and will make one of the best SS out of this draft if not the best.

Please give me more feed back. If you bash my draft though just give me insight on why, please. Otherwise any comments are appreciated.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of picks that need to be changed.

~Mozilla on the sig~
gbpackerfn04

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont just say that there are a lot of picks that need to be changed. Please, at least try to explain why you feel that way. Dont worry i can handle the criticism and i would apprciate your opinion. Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: