Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kampman resigned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaPack!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Kampman resigned Reply with quote

ESPN just reported that we officially matched the offer on Kampman. It sounds like we only matched the one year offer and did not bring in a longterm deal like many have been talking as a possibility. Do you guys like the move? Sucks that the Vikes jacked up his price, but he is a super hard working guy.
msmre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extension would not be part of the matching process, but rather an amendment to the contract. Could be done at a later time.
DaPack!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, that makes sense. Good move? Bad move?
packernation5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it. We could have drafted Ware or another Iowa kid like Roth. Kampman sucks, give me 1 productive thing he has done. Would not start on any other NFC North team.
msmre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is better than a 5th round pick. That is for certain. I think it gives flexibility in the draft and the knowledge that no matter what it won't get worse.
epackfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the flexibility it gives us in the draft. Now we can go after a good linebacker in rd 1. DE and S in Rds 2-4. Otherwise we'd be looking at DE in Rd 1 and those haven't been real good to us (Reynolds). We could still get a quality DE in rd 3 who can learn behind Kampman for a while.
msmre

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman was 2nd on the team in sacks and led the DL in tackles (6th overall). He was productive, but not flashy. He would be a great 3rd DE, but to say he wasn't productive shows is just plain wrong.
gbpackerfn04

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still think we draft a DE in the first or second round. a quick outside one gap pass rusher. ala ware or tuck or even james if available. kampman starts on difinite rushing downs and the new kid plays on passing downs. in a years hopefully the new kid plays full time.
hauschild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE FOLLOWING HAS ME MORE NERVOUS THAN A LONG-TAILED CAT IN A ROOMFUL OF ROCKING CHAIRS - IT'S FRESH OFF THE PRESSES:

"Green Bay likes Cal QB Aaron Rodgers and they've admitted that they're looking for Favre's successor during this Draft. They have this pick and two second rounders to shop so if the iron is hot, the Packers could strike a deal to move up. If not, they'll wait until round two (Charlie Frye or Kyle Orton) and spend a first round pick on Pollack. Pollack has been the SEC's best over the past three seasons and is fresh off winning the Lombardi Trophy."
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I hope we can end up getting Pollack, but I would be pissed if we went after Rodgers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Green Bay likes Cal QB Aaron Rodgers and they've admitted that they're looking for Favre's successor during this Draft. They have this pick and two second rounders to shop so if the iron is hot, the Packers could strike a deal to move up. If not, they'll wait until round two (Charlie Frye or Kyle Orton) and spend a first round pick on Pollack. Pollack has been the SEC's best over the past three seasons and is fresh off winning the Lombardi Trophy."

I have not heard this one yet and really think this is a bluff if true. Rodgers is a bust just waiting to happen and I hate really be mad if we trade up for this kid. I would not mind getting Pollack, Spears, Johnson or any other defensive player of need but not a quarter back.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get Erasmus James, David Pollack or DeMarcus Ware with our pick but, PLEASE DONT DRAFT A QB IN ROUND 1 GREEN BAY
hauschild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

I'm getting more nervous by the day! Conventional wisdom would have us picking defense, but I've seen Green Bay pull the trigger pretty suspectively on draft over the years. Vinny Clark, Bubba "alligator arms" Franks, Ahmad Carroll.....damn the anticipation is gonna kill me!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: