Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I'm not Impressed with the Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mossnomore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Despite the efforts to rebuild a sorry defense, the Vikings will not win more than 9 games because:
1) Their only marquee player is in Oakland
2) They have signed players that the incumbent team has given up on or cut due to poor value (caused by age, skill decline, etc.)
3) The real problems with Minnesota (inability to stop the run, poor coaching, etc.) Have not been addressed.

Yikes! Where to begin? WOW, there are some real holes is this post.
1) There are about 30 other teams in the NFL who would do whatever they could to get Culpepper on there team (and this would include Green Bay), but he's not "Marquee"??? K. Williams, young second year player who has been to a Pro Bowl. Matt Birk(spelling), one of the best Centers in the game. I can go on for a few more players, but I won't unless someone asks.
2) Fred Smoot, skill decline, he's still learning, he's young.
3) I would call signing P. Williams as a step in the right direction in stoping the run. As for coaching, I here Tice is finally reading "Coaching For Dummies", so he should at least be better (I can hope)!!

As for "Marquee player"s, Green Bay only has one, and he is getting old, or are you not going to admitt that??
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mossnomore said:
1) There are about 30 other teams in the NFL who would do whatever they could to get Culpepper on there team (and this would include Green Bay), but he's not "Marquee"??
no one said culpepper didn't have a good year but marquee that doesn't make him and i would take favre at 35 before culpepper any day just watch when culpepper lobs the ball in the air and his receivers can't reach it because their not randy or their being covered by a better defender because randy is gone. hopefully your injury prone backfield can step up this year to help daunte out
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: