Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CT watches the game on Monday because he works Saturdays
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: CT watches the game on Monday because he works Saturdays Reply with quote

I was able to half-watch the entire game, and saw the whole ending...but I'm watching again so if you care, here are my thoughts.

1st quarter
-Whitner on Graham is a matchup disaster. But who in the NFL can actually cover Graham?

-Sproles is unbelievable. How did San Diego let him go?

-Carlos Rogers great play tally: 1.

-How uncomfortable is it watching Thomas's lifeless body falling, still "holding the ball" even after Whitner dislodged it? Made me cringe. How the hell did the line judge not see that ball out?

-Ginn has really become a better route runner

-One mississippi, two mississippi, three mississippi, four...still nothing available? THROW IT AWAY ALEX

-3 man rush, with one rub and one delayed blitz. And yet Aldon Smith is left one-on-one and works a very good LT. Don't see how that happens, but I love it.

-Second straight play that a Peelle route gets VD open. This time for a TD. Nice job by him for sure.

-Remember when Goldson was a liability in coverage? Perfect break on the pick.

-Red zone offense is going to kill me. I like that Akers has that FG record but everything shuts down inside the 20. Great play design to Crabtree to get the TD though on 3rd. Gore obviously gets a ton of credit for a great great block. Always loved that about him.

-Anyone notice that "Go Kap #7" in the crowd? lol

-The famous KR-fumble. The biggest momentum play in football.

-Red zone offense:

Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind watching the game again. When I get time and find it online I will.

new sig... sorry alex
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Quarter

-17-0...should I turn the game off? It's a blowout

-"It was stripped but since he was he was touching the opponent he is down by contact"...what a terrible explanation of that fumble.

-Hey Tony Siragusa: there's an "l" in the word "flag"

-Anyone who thinks there will be a 49ers regression due to turnover margin clearly doesn't notice the absolute ball-hawkiness of this defense.

-Another strip. Unbelievable

-Jimmy Graham again. When do we start developing players who can cover a VD/Gronk/Graham?

-Special teams <3

-Carlos Rogers -1...Colston worked him on a big third down

-That brees TD pass to Colston is about as perfect as possible

-Cut blocks looking good. I wonder if that's foreshadowing...

-Our RBs are going more North/South than ever before and I love it.

-I just got really really confused when they ran an ad for the Packers playing. I definitely don't watch much on tape delay.

-Bowman is smart. Play through the whistle boys.

-As much as I loved Brown's interception, and how great and impressive it was, it was basically an arm punt from Brees. It was third and long, knocking it down would have been the same thing.

-Getting points to close the half would have been huge. I think SF played it too safe. At least you got the lead at the half though...

-DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN WILLIAMS. God I hate when returners pick up bouncing balls in traffic.

-Oh look another chance to get points.

-WOULD YOU THROW IT AWAY PLEASE ALEX? How do you go from playing too safe to playing that stupid so quickly?

-lol, watch out guys, John Kasay hit a 56-yarder once when Bill Clinton was president

-Brees with a real smart play throwing that away instead of taking a sack with :04 left. But now they can only do a hail mary...like that ever works at the end of a half Wink

Last edited by ConvenientTruth on Fri December 21, 2012 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Wouldn't mind watching the game again. When I get time and find it online I will.
Something tells me you might stumble upon it.

ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third Quarter

-Have I mentioned I <3 Frank Gore?

-THROW THE GD BALL AWAY ALEX

-Another fumble lol. Regression my rear end. What a bunch of hawks.

-Wow, only one 9er was on the team in '02. Seems like forever ago.

-Thank you for throwing it away Alex. That kept the ball in FG range.

-Gotta cash in more on turnovers against NY

-In zone defenses the safeties NEED to make tackles. I'm looking at you Dashon.

-Justin Smith with inside leverage is scary on an interior lineman

-RB throwback, huh? Alex had plentttttty of room down the side but let's throw that play away

-62 yard punt Razz

-That's the first dumb play I've seen from Brees. He had 10 seconds back there, but then threw a duck into triple coverage? Nearly picked by Dashon to make it a two-possession lead.

-Carlos Rogers great play counter: 2. That one should actually count for double. Whitner completely bit on the short route and left Rogers one-on-one with Arrington and he made a GREAT play.

-Boom. Another good one from Rogers, #3. Likely saves three points minimum.

-Getting pretty nervous

c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Brees threw several ducks in that game. He got picked twice, and it could have happened twice more off the top of my head. That one that Marques Colston dropped should have been a pick by Reggie Smith had he been looking at the ball, and the ball to Jimmy Graham was pretty much just thrown up for grabs. If that was Goldson back there I would bet money that he would have picked that.

Beast
ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourth Quarter

-Damn, Kasay from 48. Impressive.

-Kyle Williams makes me so mad. Nearly turned the game around by deflecting the ball up.

-Great pressure again from Justin Smith on a twist. Brees with a lefty throwaway. He's so damn smart.

-Can't throw it away that time, Breesus. Brooks beating a guard one-on-one lol

-Another FG not a TD. I'm going to need a new monitor

-I like the pre-kickoff dance very much.

-I dislike Daryl Johnston's tie very much.

-Can someone cover the midget in the middle of the field?

At this point, I can post my texts to my mom from my outbox.

-"[inappropriate/removed]"

- "D:"

-"AAAAWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yerahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

-"[inappropriate/removed] [inappropriate/removed] [inappropriate/removed]"

-"yeah whatever"

-"alkdfjal;kdjfalkejrqoiwerjqeoijnam,vnjdkkraowierjkqwpoejasl;dkfjadflk;ajsd"

-"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

-"Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Fin.

ConvenientTruth

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I laughed really hard when I saw them show the Joe Montana retired number after the Alex Smith rushing TD...as if there's a comparison or something.

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a chance to re-watch the game. I felt that Alex could have done a better job reading some of the blitzes. The Giants probably won't send as many men, but he still needs to get better at it.

Alex's throws have greatly improved and I'm convinced that if we had a better wr, we would have had more control of the game.

The fact that we got 5 turnovers and didn't show much for it is sad. We need to find a way to get better offensively and we need to start converting on 3rd downs.

Happy that I made it on tv a few times Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. That's dope. Screenshots? Did you have a sign or anything haha

new sig... sorry alex
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
I finally got a chance to re-watch the game. I felt that Alex could have done a better job reading some of the blitzes. The Giants probably won't send as many men, but he still needs to get better at it.

Alex's throws have greatly improved and I'm convinced that if we had a better wr, we would have had more control of the game.

The fact that we got 5 turnovers and didn't show much for it is sad. We need to find a way to get better offensively and we need to start converting on 3rd downs.

Good post!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

The Giants won't need to send 6 guys in to create equal pressure. It will mostly 4 or 5 rushers, which will leave more guys in coverage than the Saints had, so it will be even harder to pass. We need to have quick routes for Alex or he will get hit a ton.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

The Giants won't need to send 6 guys in to create equal pressure. It will mostly 4 or 5 rushers, which will leave more guys in coverage than the Saints had, so it will be even harder to pass. We need to have quick routes for Alex or he will get hit a ton.

And we also need to get the run game going. And let the pass gm compliment it. Kinda opposite of what we did in week 10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

And we also need to get the run game going. And let the pass gm compliment it. Kinda opposite of what we did in week 10

Oh yes, we need the running game. Get some of these creative running plays we've had all year. We have Delanie back, that will help a lot. Let's grind it out early and get the playaction game going.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no comments about the 1st quarter TD passes? Hmmmf....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: