Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SAY NO TO PACMAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indaslums

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: SAY NO TO PACMAN Reply with quote

Anyone else let your voice be heard agianst taking this far overrated corner at the number 9 spot. Would be happy with any other DB besides Pacman. Or give us Mike Williams or D.J. from Texas or Merriman. Anyone besides pacman.
Tall_Ogre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with Pac Man. He is the # 2 corner in the draft which is deep in this postion. Some would say he is the #1 corner in the draft.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pac Man's only problem is his size and lack of bulk when it comes to helping out in run support, he makes up for it with motor and drive. He is more than willing to throw his entire body into the tackle which is commendable, sometimes it may not be enought to stop a big back, but it will slow him up enought ot allow the liebackers to get in on the tackle.

I see no problem at all with Pac Man at nine, even though I would prefer Williams or Edwards, they simply wont be there at 9.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming around to favor Pacman above the other two top CBs. They say he's a better tackler than Rogers, and Rolle has some known character issues. I'm not sold on picking a CB, but if they do, I guess my vote is for Pacman. At least he's been quoted saying that he wants to be a Redskin.
ThunderDawg27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

People seem to knock PacMan about his size, and his help in run support. But the thing is, is that run support is one of his best attributes and you'd be surprised how an undersized guy like him just lit up a lot of players.

-ThunderDawg27
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm Reply with quote

ThunderDawg27 wrote:
People seem to knock PacMan about his size, and his help in run support. But the thing is, is that run support is one of his best attributes and you'd be surprised how an undersized guy like him just lit up a lot of players.

-ThunderDawg27

That's probably the main reason I like him better than Rogers.
guinis72

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gibbs will be weary of taking another Canes alumni who won't be at offseason workouts next yr even if Rolle does fall.

When Pac Man told the Skins that he wants to be a Redskin and his favorite player is Darrell Green I think he indicated a desire that Gibbs wanted to hear.

I'd be happy to get Pac Man, Carlos Rogers or Merriman!
secondeye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: SAY NO TO PACMAN Reply with quote

indaslums wrote:
Anyone else let your voice be heard agianst taking this far overrated corner at the number 9 spot. Would be happy with any other DB besides Pacman. Or give us Mike Williams or D.J. from Texas or Merriman. Anyone besides pacman.

You won't have the chance to take the "overrated corner at the number 9 spot" so be ignorantly blissful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: