Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Up for MIKE WILLIAMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indaslums

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Trade Up for MIKE WILLIAMS Reply with quote

With an additional first rounder. Will we trade up and get THE MIKE WILLIAMS?
guinis72

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not!! I think it'd be a bad move esentially giving up 3 1st rounders to get him (1.09, 1.25, '06 1st rounder it cost us to get the 1.25). With only 2 picks in this yr's draft and no 1st rounder next yr I think we need to get 2 players out of this draft that will be starters.
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I would not mind seeing is is a trade to a team at the top of the draft. Let's say its the Bears. We move 9 and 25 to them for in return for 4 and 39. I realize the points are a bit off there, but if they feel they can still get Benson at 9 and would like to have a shot at Matt Jones (who I hear they covet) they might just do that. It is within 10% which is the general rule. That allows us to take Mike Williams (or Braylon) and still leaves a pick which could be used perhaps for Marlin Jackson or Bryant McFadden. Thoughts?
secondeye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guinis72 wrote:
I hope not!! I think it'd be a bad move esentially giving up 3 1st rounders to get him (1.09, 1.25, '06 1st rounder it cost us to get the 1.25). With only 2 picks in this yr's draft and no 1st rounder next yr I think we need to get 2 players out of this draft that will be starters.

So you think it's a better deal that you gave up a 3rd and 4th round pick on top of your top 10 pick next year just to get Jason Campbell?

WHOO WHOO here comes the clue train.. all aboard.

You better HOPE they did this to get a top 3 player.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
guinis72

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, speaking of the clue train where exactly did I say that I thought we made a good deal and that we should take Campbell? By the way, are you so bitter than you need to post on every thread in this forum just to talk trash??

What I was saying is that with the 1.09 + 1.25 we can get 2 players that will be starters this yr rather than trading them to get 1 player with no 1st rounder next yr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: