Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HC search: Cowher already interviewed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: HC search: Cowher already interviewed Reply with quote

Quote:
San Diego Chargers: The New York Post is reporting that Bill Cowher has already interviewed for the Chargers head coaching job.

LINK

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
The-Beast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big difference between being interviewed and putting out feelers it is highly suspect that Cowher was brought in and interviewed in person. Just a - poor job writing.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld wrote:
Two Chargers sources told beat writer Kevin Acee that they have "unequivocally and vehemently" not talked to Bill Cowher about their head coaching position.
Team president Dean Spanos said he will wait until next week to reveal his plan for current coach Norv Turner. Meanwhile, the New York Post reported that Cowher has already had an interview and added that the ex-Steelers' coach is interested. After the Chargers' laid an egg in Detroit Saturday, we'd be surprised to see Turner back in San Diego next season.

I highly doubt they had an actual interview yet. They haven't fired the current coach, they haven't fulfilled the Rooney Rule. I really won't be surprised to Cowher as the coach, but it won't happen until Norv clears his office out.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Stone85

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but it kinda is seeing that Norv hasn't even been fired yet

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
I highly doubt they had an actual interview yet. They haven't fired the current coach, they haven't fulfilled the Rooney Rule. I really won't be surprised to Cowher as the coach, but it won't happen until Norv clears his office out.

Agree about not firing Norvall yet, but in the business world, people are interviewed for jobs that are currently filled all the time. And the Rooney Rule doesn't state that you have to interview a minority candidate first, just that you must do so before hiring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: