Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Surprising Trades and FA pickups this offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not a Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards iif your goin offense instead of a runningback.
Well tennessee might like'em but that doesnt mean they are goin to get them.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us taking Braylon. maybe MW if he slips, but again really doubt it.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just sayin if we got offense first, we should get MW or BE. Besides a wasteful runningback.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just sayin if we got offense first, we should get MW or BE. Besides a wasteful runningback.
Titans2004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you guys there is no need to take a RB with our 1st pick. With the Juniors that are coming out a stud will be had in the 3rd or 4th rnd this yr. and some one like Gore, Houston or KJ Harris will fall in to the 5th rnd.

If DJ is available at 6 then we take him. If not i just don't see anybody else worth taking. People say take Rolle their, but with Rogers, Webster, and Jackson as solid shut down corners we can trade down and still get our shut down corner. Unless Mason is traded you can't justify taking your 3/4th WR with the 6th pick. If we do trade Mason i would see it being for an OT like Samuels from the Redskins.

The question is just when do we go OLINE. To me it looks like the draft sets up as Barron and Brown in the 1st and then a bunch of mid 2nd to late 3rd rnd OTs. So if we pass on taking one of the top 2 then we have to count on a 3rd rnder protecting McNair. That doesn't excite me at all. If we wait until the 3rd then i see Floyd bunch picking in rnd 3 and 4 to try to make sure he gets a guy that Munchach can work with, but I'd say it is tough to ask a 3rd rnder to start.

Will be interesting to watch what happens.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't take O-line first (which we won't) we'll probably take one anywhere from rounds 2-5. Why wouldn't you think a 3rd rounder could protect Mcnair? Jacob Bell a 5th rounder has done a great job all year. Anyways the guy we draft probably won't start right away unless he's a first rounder.
Burton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we take Munoz in the 2nd. And if we don't get DJ and mason gets traded, I think we trade down and get Braylon Edwards. I saw him in the Rose bowl and I can't imagine how Mike Williams can be better (I've never seen him play). Although Edwards is a speedy deep threat, Williams is a slower possession reciever (like Mason) and we already have Calico so taking Edwards seems stupid. I'm still betting we take DJ and if he's gone we take Williams, I doubt both will be gone.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can draft a center and move hartiwg over. It seems to me anybody except fred miller will be better.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartwig would never play tackle. I imagine we're gonna move Pillar or Bell over to RT. Whoever we draft to be our LT of the future will have a year or two to develop. We need a T now more than since Jason Matthews
is going to retire.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell tore his knee a couple of weeks ago. And it just depends if he recovers real fast.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartwig played tackle in college.
The O-line doesnt concern me. Just what we do with our 6th pick and if we get free agents this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: