Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post your mock/Mock CNC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stone85

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Post your mock/Mock CNC Reply with quote

Here is my mock draft. I'm assuming that we hold the 15th overall pick. Post your mock, and make sure you include where you think we'll be picking.

1st Round: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford (Baller. 800x the pass blocker Clary is, and pretty close in the run blocking department. One of the safest picks in the first round imo)

2nd Round: Best Zone CB available (pretty self explanatory)

3rd Round: Chase Thomas, 34OLB, Stanford (Underrated talent with 3-4 experience. Could play ROLB with Barnes next season)

4th Round: Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinatti (We now know that you can't take away Rivers's favorite weapons. Losing Sproles severely hurt our passing attack. Pead is a fast running back with ridiculous YPC averages)

5th Round: Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami (Think Calvin Johnson's leaping ability and height. Streeter isn't all that fast, but pretty much no one can stop him in one on one coverage. He almost reminds me of a tight end sometimes. I would love this guy to pair with the two Vincents if he declares and if we lose Floyd)

6th Round: Jake Stoneburner, TE, Ohio State (What a name. He's a solid receiving tight end with decent blocking ability)

7th Round: Art Forst, RG/RT, Rutgers (Versatile player, but definitely a better fit at right guard. In my opinion we should draft a late round guard, maybe not this late, and hopefully sign someone, then draft a Guard, Tight End, and Center in the first three rounds next year)

Side note, I saw walterfootball's mock and it really isn't bad at all. Jonathan Martin, Nick Perry (USC ROLB), and LaMichael James are the first 3 picks. Not a huge Perry fan, but this would be pretty pleasing.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first two rounds (assuming we finish with the 14th pick) are David Decastro and Massquoi. Probably would take Jarius Wright in the third.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Stone85

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer a RT in the second and Massaquoi in the third. We really need a RT in the first two rounds whether we draft a guard or not imo.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
lakeroy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have us picking somewhere in the teens. I think we end up going 6-10 or 7-9 for the season.
1.Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama
2.Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
3.Winston Guy, SS, Kentucky
4.Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
Don't know about rounds 5-7

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Post your mock/Mock CNC Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
1st Round: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford (Baller. 800x the pass blocker Clary is, and pretty close in the run blocking department. One of the safest picks in the first round imo)

If you're trying to give Clary credit for being a good run blocker, you're way off. Worst balance of any OL I've ever seen. He gets blown-up, or trips almost every play.

As far as Martin goes, I'm not as sure about him as a lot of people are. Admittedly, I haven't watched too much, but I saw some big flaws in what little I've seen. He has terrible form when pass blocking, and the footwork didn't look great. He takes way too big steps when he kicks out, or is moving back. It leaves him off balance. Somebody with a quick first step, and a spin move, will eat him alive. He also lets pass rushers into his body, which will get him beat every time.

Most of where I saw all that was in Luck highlights. So if he's making those mistakes on TD passes/runs, I'd hate to see what happens on bad plays. Sure these things might be correctable, but you don't want to have to fix a 1st round pick that much.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright this should be fun, i think I already did this one, so it should be very similar.

Sign FA's: Vincent Jackson, Nick Hardwick, Eddie Royal, Paul Soliai (instead of Garay)

1st: Riley Reiff/Jonathan Martin RT, Iowa/Stanford (Love this guy. Great RT prospect similar to how Bulaga was. He's not that great of a pass protector so he's not a LT so some people think that he may drop, but i'd be more than excited to nabb him here. Jonathan Martin is a great run blocker for only being 300 lbs (same goes for Reiff), If Barrett Jones or DJ Fluker come out, their in the mix too)

2nd: Nick Perry/Jonathan Massaquoi OLB, USC/Troy (Monster, i'd be surprised if he fell this far come draft day, but he's an absolute beast and i'd love to have him as part of this team. Has all the speed, strength, agility and natural instincts you want for a Rush LB. Massaquoi might not come out but he's a good option as a strongside OLB if we can coach him up. He's got all the measurables but his instincts are highly questionable and needs some help.)

3rd: Coby Fleener TE, Stanford (Love this guy. Not quite the upside of a guy like Allen/Charles/Eifert, but he's got a similar skillset to a guy like Zach Miller formerly of the raiders and now of the Seahawks. I think he's a perfect guy to be a #2 TE and develop into a #1 behind Gates.)

4th: Amini Silatulo OG, Midwestern State (I dont know why, but i've loved him for a while. Something about big mean Samoan dudes gets me excited for our run game. If we could get one of the RT's AND Silatulo, we would be loving our OL year in and year out.)

5th: Harrison Smith/Winston Guy Jr. SS, Notre Dame/Kentucky (We need an upgrade at SS. The fact that Stuckey has yet to do anything on D, makes me think that he's no more than a backup/ST's player. Both of these guys have great upside to be our SS of the future.)

6th: Jerry Franklin ILB Arkansas (I'd be surprised if he fell this far, since he's a good athlete, but good depth/ST's ability here)

7th: Dominique Hamilton DE, Missouri (Nothing but depth here, but its an interesting guy to draft and see what we can do with him. He's really athletic so thats a plus. Very high upside guy, to add to our rotation.)

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Stone85

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that draft^, but there's no cornerback anywhere. Jammer isn't being used correctly and is old, and Cason is absolute trash and won't stick around long without AJ here.

Say we have the 12th pick of the draft.
1: Jonathan Martin, RT, Stanford (Not going to change this pick. Baller)

2: Janoris Jenkins/Bruce Irvin CB/34OLB (Janoris Jenkins should be right up there with Claiborne and Kirkpatrick. Only problem is he's gotten in a lot of trouble for using marijuana. What an evil, wicked man. If the bengals take him first, Bruce Irvin would be a good 34OLB pick for us)

3: Chase Thomas/Brandon Boykin 34OLB/CB (I like Chase Thomas in the 3rd round if we take Jenkins, but Boykin is an underrated Brandon Flowers type corner. He is also a stud kick returner. If he's any shorter than 5'10, I'd take Micah Hyde instead, 6'1" zone coverage corner from Iowa)

4: George Bryan, TE, NC State (Easily one of the best blocking tight ends in the draft. He has shown potential as a receiving tight end as well, he just doesn't get enough opportunities.

5: DeVier Posey, WR, Ohio State (Sleeper pick doe)

6: Stephen Good, LG/RG/RT, Oklahoma (Underrated versatile lineman from Oklahoma. Solid in both pass blocking and run blocking. Good and Schiling would provide great competition on the line. I hope we draft Vasquez's replacement in the first round of the '13 draft.)

7: Patrick Butrym, 34DE, Wisconsin (My 34DE sleeper this year. He would be solid against the run as a 5 tech, and he could provide some competition amongst the defensive line)

I hope we sign a WR/RB weapon as well. I'd prefer a good pass catching 3rd down back.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Martin is a 1st round pick, this is a horrible class.

lakeroy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the recent news about AJ likely being fired, I now have a new one(in the old one I thought AJ was staying so I didn't mock us any Olinemen)

1.Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
2.Nick Perry, OLB, USC
3.Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
4.Winston Guy, SS, Kentucky
5-7 BPA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:

?

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

?

MrDrew wrote:
As far as Martin goes, I'm not as sure about him as a lot of people are. Admittedly, I haven't watched too much, but I saw some big flaws in what little I've seen. He has terrible form when pass blocking, and the footwork didn't look great. He takes way too big steps when he kicks out, or is moving back. It leaves him off balance. Somebody with a quick first step, and a spin move, will eat him alive. He also lets pass rushers into his body, which will get him beat every time.

Luck getting rid of the ball makes him seem a lot better than he is. Terrible technique, bad footwork, doesn't look strong. Somebody taking him in the 1st will be very disappointed for at least a couple of years. Definitely won't be an instant starter, barring a major turn around.

The-Beast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let Volek go
Sign Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Robert Meachem
Let Crayton and Floyd go
Let Clary go

That's all I have right now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure Good doesn't even start for Oklahoma

and hell no to DJax.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-Beast wrote:
Let Volek go
Sign Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Robert Meachem
Let Crayton and Floyd go
Let Clary go

That's all I have right now.

Agree with everything, except DeSean. He's going to want too much (Money, catches, attention) to have both him and VJ on the team. VJ, Floyd, and Brown are a good combo, if there's enough time to get them the ball.

Volek is such a good reliever that I'd hate to see him go, but his salary is just too high for how much he plays. There's also going to be a lot of former starters, that would be good backups, and cheaper, on the market.

The-Beast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have something like 25-30million coming off the books, if we make the cuts we should make. That's with Jackson's long term contract already included.

Floyd for 6 games is not worth 3million dollars.

The one good thing about having no pass rush and a terrible corner coming off his rookie contract is that we have a very cheap to maintain defense. We have like 12 million in aging or useless or both linebackers (Cooper, Spikes, Diggs, Laboy, English)

Desean Jackson is on pace for 1000 yards despite having a carousel of QB's who have a career 55% completion rates throwing to him while being extremely unhappy to be there.

Last edited by The-Beast on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: