Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Ravens Mock Draft (4/4)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSizzle55UMD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Final Ravens Mock Draft (4/4) Reply with quote

Hey guys, sorry if me posting my mock under any of yours didn't upset you. So I am posting this new topic so that you can comment on mine as well as others.

I am going to do a mock draft based upon the fact that I don't think that there are any teams with needs that can be solved by having the 22nd pick. However I do believe that a trade will be made involving the swapping of 1st rounders giving the Ravens an extra 2nd round pick.

Ravens trade (22) pick to the Eagles for the (31) and (63) picks.

1.(31) Anttaj Hawthorne (DT) 6'3" 321 - he plays with a high motor and is said to be extremely diffcult to block one on one in the running game, which is where the Ravens need up for the 4-3 upfront.

2.(53) Chris Henry (WR) 6'4" 197 - Posseses excellent speed for his size and can stretch defenses in the vertical passing game. Exactly what is needed to keep pressure off of Heap and Mason. The attitude is there, but the talent is too big too ignore. (*other option Fred Gibson/Matt Jones)

2.(63) Bryant McFadden (CB) 5'11" 193 - Instinctive corner who has a strong upper body and is a strong cover corner. Presses well on the line of scrimmage and can play the nickel if Deion isn't there.

3.(84) Sean Considine (FS) 6'0" 212 - Has a nose for the ball and makes a lot of big plays in the run, pass, and on special teams. Can come in and challenge Demps for playing time and starting role.

4.(124) Rob Petitti (OT) 6'5" 347 - He is massive and with is wingspan is very difficult to get around in the passing game. Can be the back-up if there is an injury and can challenge Zeus for playing time.

5.(158) Kirk Morrrison (ILB) 6'1" 235 - A tough guy with leadership presence and good instincts. Can play in the 3-4 situations and can play on special teams.

6.(195) Brandon Jacobs (RB) 6'4" 267 - An explosive runner who can be used in short yardage situations. Great pass blocker could play some FB. Not a lot is known but could be a great project pick.

6.(213) Wes Sims (OG) 6'5" 318 - Strong player who can knockback opponents off the line. Also plays with a mean streak and os very physical. Solid backup considering we have some youth at the guard position.

7.(234) Rob Hunt (OC) 6'3" 301 - Impressive strength with good inital movement. Also is surprisingly fast for being over 300lbs with 4.93 speed. Can help provide some depth at this position.

I think that I have addressed most (if not all) of the pressing issues. Let me know what you think

thanks to TitanFan1990 for the sig.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk morrison won't be available at round 5, at least according to posters on this site who think morrison is the next ray lewis.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
mic79e

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the trade with Philadelphia would be a good move for us. Anttaj Hawthorne would be a nice pick at 31. He should have an impact stopping the run, and looks like the type of lineman that will require occasional double teams, and that's what the Ravens would benefit from most.

I wouldn't take Chris Henry in the second round, I don't like the idea of drafting wide receivers in the early rounds, and his character questions are a real issue. But Bryant McFadden would be an excellent choice at 63. He's a decent tackler and should be solid in run support, which I like in cornerbacks, and I think he could become a really good starting corner with us, I would be very happy if we drafted him.

The other picks are pretty solid and the last two, Wes Sims and Rob Hunt, would be excellent value in the 6th and 7th rounds, and give us nice depth. Solid mock draft.
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would you have the Eagles take in that situation?
TSizzle55UMD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Final Mock Draft Reply with quote

Quote:
Who would you have the Eagles take in that situation?

I hadn't thought about that too much. But I had them taking Channing Crowder with that pick because of the problems with Trotter's health. They could also go with a WR that could compliment Owens since Mitchell is worthless. Someone like Roddy White.

sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also i think they could take travis johnson, Shaun cody, or other players for their line. They probably wont have simon back after next year, Hollis Thomas may be traded, and i think they need some help at end. Cody could be very good for them as an end/DT.
gotmatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why trade down to 31 and take hawthorne? his stock will drop like a rock that he will drop to us at #53 thanks to drug tests... and luis castillo tested positive for andro and BAM his stock GAINS... we should take him with 31... and then trade both seconds for a mid-30s pick and take FS Bullocks.
TSizzle55UMD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Final Ravens Mock Reply with quote

Quote:
why trade down to 31 and take hawthorne? his stock will drop like a rock that he will drop to us at #53 thanks to drug tests...

Thats true, then again we could just keep our pick and take Travis Johnson who hasn't been involved in any positive testing. I made this mock on April 4th before all the info was realized when it looked like a really good trade. I don't know if the Ravens will trade back now, if the 2nd and 3rd tackles on their list are testing positive.

DaKingPin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Roscoe Parrish Reply with quote

The Ravens should draft Roscoe Parrish either in the second or third rounds. Everyone is underestimating him just because he is short. This guy has a lot of talent and he is fast and can stretch the feild.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: