You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Who??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know if anyone read this yet, but check it out.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564821

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tikitiger wrote:
Laughing With your running back situation right now, i bet you guys all wished(secretly) that you had chosen Reggie Bush

I think we're all worried about the running back situation right now. But anyone who has watched our running game in the preseason can attest to the fact that we don't look bad at all. This Denver scheme makes late-round running backs look like pro-bowlers. And right now, Morency and Lundy are playing well enough that I"m not too concerned.

Don't get me wrong, I'd feel alot more comfortable with DD in the fold, and I sure hope we get him back. But after these first 3 games, I'm breathing a bit easier.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have no need to defend your drafting of Mario Williams. It was a good selection. If Kubiak made a name for himself by taking 5th and 6th round RB and making them into 1,000 yard rushers, why the need to spend a whole heep of money for one when there are other areas to fill. I just hope the media do not continue to link Mario Williams and Reggie Bush together when they should compare Reggie Bush to whomever the Texans RB will be. GO Wali Lundy!!!!!!
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
You guys have no need to defend your drafting of Mario Williams. It was a good selection. If Kubiak made a name for himself by taking 5th and 6th round RB and making them into 1,000 yard rushers, why the need to spend a whole heep of money for one when there are other areas to fill. I just hope the media do not continue to link Mario Williams and Reggie Bush together when they should compare Reggie Bush to whomever the Texans RB will be. GO Wali Lundy!!!!!!

God bless you, my friend. Spread your message loud.
Texantype

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Davis Reply with quote

ihavenothing wrote:
goose85 wrote:
Eh Reggie still looks like Reggie.

Yes, he did on a few of his carries/dump off passes.

As Eagle_Scout said it will take a few years to settle the Mario v Bush debate.

However, with the introduction of Bronco's running system in Houston, a high profile RB wasn't needed at all. Mario or Hawk had to be the pick and Mario has a higher ceiling, IMO.

To me, the Texans' RB's seemed to have taken it as a challenge that everyone was ripping Houston for passing on Reggie and Morency and Lundy have simply shined brightly in the preseason. When Domanick Davis comes back the Running Game in Houston will be scary.

That is if Davis ever comes back! Rolling Eyes
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

Applause Applause

Excellent post, my friend. Great points.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
skibrett15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Texans coach Gary Kubiak plans to meet with Davis, his agent and his doctors this week to discuss his injury. He said he wants to find out if Davis is going to be able to play this season or if he needs to be placed on the injured reserve.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564821

are you guys at all worried about this? From all indications it seems like DD will either be cut or put on IR. He can't go PUP since he passed a physical. Obviously IR seems much more likely since Lundy/Morency are all but certainties.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: