You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans Watching Broncos' Cuts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Texans Watching Broncos' Cuts Reply with quote

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4245162

Quote:
The eyes of the Texans

Don't be surprised if the Texans consider claiming quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt if he is cut by the Broncos. Texans coach Gary Kubiak and general manager Rick Smith will look at several players Denver cuts. The Texans are looking for help at outside linebacker, defensive back, running back and receiver.

The systems of Kubiak and Shanahan are virtually interchangeable, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans add some depth from Denver's cuts. If I were a Texans fan, I would pay particular attention to who Denver cuts at Wide Receiver and Running Back. The Broncos have some serious depth at those positions.
Thanks to Reggie Neson#1 for the avatar and jonnyj20 for the sig.
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind some WR depth but I think I'm the only one that thinks we're fine at RB.

^LORK 88^
Barnett56

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear the Texans are chaning to the ZBS, did they just start that this year too or was it started last year?
Niners Fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
I hear the Texans are chaning to the ZBS, did they just start that this year too or was it started last year?

They started that this year with the new coaching staff under Kubiak. That is one of the things Kubiak is bringing with him from Denver.
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if we'd take Van Pelt. We now have Carr, Sage Rosenfels and Cody Pickett as our 1-2-3 guys, and Pickett is someone that we traded for because Kubiak liked him. Not sure if we bring in a guy like Van Pelt now that our top three are pretty nailed down.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: