Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

week 7 - Chiefs (2-3) at Raiders (4-2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
The Raiders
61%
 61%  [ 48 ]
The Chiefs
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Tony Moeaki
23%
 23%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 78

mo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: week 7 - Chiefs (2-3) at Raiders (4-2) Reply with quote

@

week 7 - KC Chiefs (2-3) at Oakland Raiders (4-2)

Game Info
- O.Co Coliseum, October 23rd, 1 pm pacific
- CBS (Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts) http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk7.html
- Forecast = High 70's partly cloudy

Match ups to watch
-QB Carson Palmer vs Chiefs Defense
-LT Jared Veldheer vs OLB Tamba Hali
-CB Stanford Routt vs WR Dwayne Bowe
-RB Darren McFadden vs Chiefs Run D
- Raiders D-Line vs Chiefs O-Line

Key Injuries
Raiders
- Jason Campbell
- Samson Satele
- Matt Shaugnessy
- Marcel Reece

Chiefs
- Jamaal Charles
- Eric Berry
- Tony Moeaki

Raider's Keys To The Game
- Give McFadden the ball, Run DMC needs 25+ touches.
- Stop the run, the Raiders Run Defense has been amazing the past two weeks, will it continue?
- Pressure Matt Cassel, then pressure him some more.

Carson Palmer

- Can he lead the Raiders to victory in his first start?
- Will Hue unleash palmer or run a conservative game plan?

Predictions
- Raiders win 27-14
- McFadden runs for 100+
- Jacoby Ford has his breakout game this season
- D-Line gets 4+ sacks
- Run Defense has another good week

RIP AL DAVIS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs two wins are against the bottom dwellers of the NFL. Im not buying this team at all as imporoved.

Even if we roll with Boller, our run game and defense should win this game for us. Boller just needs to manage the game and not throw stupis INT.

24-14 Raiders
mo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Chiefs two wins are against the bottom dwellers of the NFL. Im not buying this team at all as imporoved.

Even if we roll with Boller, our run game and defense should win this game for us. Boller just needs to manage the game and not throw stupis INT.

24-14 Raiders

I have a feeling Palmer will start the game, Palmer is capable of coming in and handing the ball of 30 times and taking the occasional shot down field on PA.

We just shut down Arian Foster + Peyton Hillis so I'm confident we can stop Jackie Battle and Dexter McCluster, as long as we get decent pressure on Cassel we will shut down the chiefs offense.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC's wins may have been against iffy teams... but they still have momentum, and Cassel has been playing worlds better the last two games. I can see them coming out and competing. If our offense sputters (which it may do, it certainly sputtered last week), I wouldn't be surprised to see KC eek out a win. If Boller plays it's going to be interesting, if Palmer plays, he won't know too much of the offense to run everything as competently as he could. But because of our running game and pass rushing front 4, I think we win this game, but not by much, a one score win would be my guess. 20-17 Raiders.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the pic of Carson getting sacked by his teammate?

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
mo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Why the pic of Carson getting sacked by his teammate?

had to give seymour some love somewhere in the post Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
early43 wrote:

24-14 Raiders

I have a feeling Palmer will start the game, Palmer is capable of coming in and handing the ball of 30 times and taking the occasional shot down field on PA.

We just shut down Arian Foster + Peyton Hillis so I'm confident we can stop Jackie Battle and Dexter McCluster, as long as we get decent pressure on Cassel we will shut down the chiefs offense.

I think Hue will play Palmer as well ala Curry.
Rolni

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the key will be around the passing games...

I mean we have to controll their pass attack...which won't be easy since Bowe is in beast mode this year and the new guy can play some ball too...we really need to bring the heat on Cassel cause those WR's will be tough to cover...Bowe against DVD...man the kid will get tossed...

We need solid turn over free QB play...whether it's Boller or CP...
I guess we will see CP there, with a small-just for this game-playbook put together for him with lots of "Bengals" stuff...
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: week 7 - Chiefs (2-3) at Raiders (4-2) Reply with quote

mo wrote:
- Pressure Matt Cassel, then pressure him some more.

This. We need to give him the Colt McCoy treatment and very soon he'll crumble like he always does, which will lead to a few picks for us.
Totty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any answer other then Moeaki, is flat out wrong. Confused

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Ponyoffender96

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not like it'd be hard for Palmer to come in facing the 29th ranked pass D of the Chiefs Laughing I say go with Boller, but who knows. Maybe Palmer picks it up in a whiff. Raiders win. Chiefs ground game will be shut down thus making it a little easier vs the pass.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponyoffender96 wrote:
Not like it'd be hard for Palmer to come in facing the 29th ranked pass D of the Chiefs Laughing I say go with Boller, but who knows. Maybe Palmer picks it up in a whiff. Raiders win. Chiefs ground game will be shut down thus making it a little easier vs the pass.

The offense is VERY similar to the one he ran in Cincy. He'll hit the ground running.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Ponyoffender96

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Ponyoffender96 wrote:

The offense is VERY similar to the one he ran in Cincy. He'll hit the ground running.

Also Eric Berry was a ball hawk. We're lucky he's out. Their safety now is nowhere near Berry. I actually wouldn't be against playing Palmer now that I think of it.DMC will be DMC, the Chiefs will not stop our ground game. With Palmer we have a chance to go deep, and throwing the ball deep is universal(Not like he'll have to learn the system to know how to chuck one up to our Burners) If Boller plays we'll win ugly. Palmer gives us a chance to win sexy Laughing Bring on the QUEEFS
agarcia34

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I want to see Palmer on Sunday. He needs to shake off the rust what better way to do it then face the Chiefs then the bye week then the Broncos. And Hue loves Palmer so I see no reason why Hue wont start him.
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing I'm leery of is the team being demoralized after JC going down. If I was on the team my morale wouldn't be shot with Palmer coming in and I'd be a lot happier with Palmer than with Boller at the helm. Palmer just needs to get in what days he can with the WRs and get with Coaches Jackson and Saunders to put together a skeletonized passing playbook, should get the job done for when we need to give the RBs a breather. (Speaking of RBs we need to get Taiwan the ball at least 3 times a game, let him get some experience... I don't recall seeing him much out of the backfield this season. Confused )

Defensively, do the same thing we did last years final game... get after Cassel and force mistakes. Double up Bowe and make Cassel go to other targets. Can't take the run lightly guys, McCluster is one of those short shifty dudes we've had problems with in the recent past, gotta make the run #1 priority to stop.

If we had JC I'd give anyone 6 points, but with him out Palmer on condensed playbook (if he plays) this will be close...

RAIDERS - 23
CHIEFS - 17

(*Jano better be ready, we'll need him to perform top level the next two games.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 1 of 57

Jump to: